Wikiposts

Got my EAD !!! W00t!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:17 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default Got my EAD !!! W00t!

Hey, thought some of you might like to know I got my EAD card today !

Exactly 3 months to the day of filing the form !

W00t !
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my EAD !!! W00t!

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Hey, thought some of you might like to know I got my EAD card today !

Exactly 3 months to the day of filing the form !

W00t !
nah nah nah nah I got mine last week too, 2 months and 2 weeks after filing... now run as quick as u can to get ur SSN and they will give u a piece of paper saying its been applied for. Take ur passport and I94 with u, and another form of id. AND go early and get a number . CONGRATULATIONS.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:28 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

PS I PM'd you.... let me know if you don't get it.

Haven't gotten any PMs for ages now and believe it's broken!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:30 am

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deedee13
nah nah nah nah I got mine last week too, 2 months and 2 weeks after filing... now run as quick as u can to get ur SSN and they will give u a piece of paper saying its been applied for. Take ur passport and I94 with u, and another form of id. AND go early and get a number . CONGRATULATIONS.
So you don't get the SSN number there and then ??? How long does it take to get the number ?

R./

oh - and thanks everyone btw !
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

So you don't get the SSN number there and then ??? How long does it take to get the number ?

R./

oh - and thanks everyone btw !
no u dont get it there and then, they have to check with the USCIS that u didnt forge the card lol. They copy it and other id and then they give u a notice which is valid for 60 days to cover u for future employers. This is to verify ur card. go figure government issue it and it still needs to be verified. It takes they say 4 weeks to receive the card with the number on it. However on similar posts some have had it sooner.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 1:16 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

not long if you're in their computer system. However there's a good long wait just to see a representative so take a book or laptop or your knitting!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by snowbunny
not long if you're in their computer system. However there's a good long wait just to see a representative so take a book or laptop or your knitting!

It took 56 minutes from walking in the door to getting seen. Not bad as it took 3 hours last time...

Out of interest I was told that I should have the SSN within 5 working days but also that if I needed/wanted the actual number sooner I could come back after 48 hours...wait again.. and they could check the computer system and tell me my number...

It's funny as all along we've got our documents just in the nick of time and this look to be no different, as I really only NEED my SSN before Gordon Bastard's, ooops, I mean Brown’s -- new legislation comes into effect on the 6th April !

R./