British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Got my EAD F/P Appointment! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/got-my-ead-f-p-appointment-212863/)

katesuiter1 Feb 25th 2004 12:48 pm

Got my EAD F/P Appointment!

I took the USCIS lady's advice, and called the 1800 number at 7.58 this morning, and hey presto, a guy picked up right away, no wait time, nothing. I got the first available appointment for my EAD fingerprinting and photo for 7th April. Yay!! Apparently, South Florida ASC's are EXTREMEMLY busy, so anyone needing an appointment for fingerprinting would do well to do what I did.

Kate. xxxxx:D:D:D

Steffi Feb 25th 2004 4:45 pm

Re: Got my EAD F/P Appointment!

Cool. So this is for your EAD renewal?

katesuiter1 Feb 25th 2004 5:13 pm

Originally posted by Steffi
Cool. So this is for your EAD renewal?
Yup. I'm hoping I won't need it if Miami keep up their speed and give us an interview date (and approve us! :D) before my current one runs out in June, but I feel better knowing I've covered both scenarios. :)

Kate. xxxx:D:D:D

Michi Feb 25th 2004 5:17 pm

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Yup. I'm hoping I won't need it if Miami keep up their speed and give us an interview date (and approve us! :D) before my current one runs out in June, but I feel better knowing I've covered both scenarios. :)

Congratulations! :D

Steffi Feb 25th 2004 5:21 pm

When are you "expecting" to get your AOS interview?

Just Jenney Feb 25th 2004 5:24 pm

I took the USCIS lady's advice, and called the 1800 number at 7.58 this morning, and hey presto, a guy picked up right away, no wait time, nothing. I got the first available appointment for my EAD fingerprinting and photo for 7th April. Yay!! Apparently, South Florida ASC's are EXTREMEMLY busy, so anyone needing an appointment for fingerprinting would do well to do what I did.

That's great news! :) Mark's going for his AOS fingerprinting on April 8 -- got his EAD last week -- after a very long wait to find out anything at all. I know what you mean about finally breaking through and getting somewhere with this sort of thing!!

~ Jenney

Noorah101 Feb 25th 2004 5:24 pm

Congratulations, Kate! :-)

katesuiter1 Feb 25th 2004 5:56 pm

When are you "expecting" to get your AOS interview?
Sometime this millenium!!!! :p I have no idea, but my receipt says that I can inquire after March 14th, so I'll do that if we haven't heard anything. I've been keeping an eye on the processing dates, and they stayed at Oct 2002 for a few months, then all of a sudden leapt to Jan 2003, so I hope they're picking up the pace. We filed on April 14th 2003, so we've a way to go yet.

jcapulet Feb 25th 2004 5:58 pm

Congrats Kate! :D

Steffi Feb 25th 2004 6:08 pm

Sometime this millenium!!!! :p I have no idea, but my receipt says that I can inquire after March 14th, so I'll do that if we haven't heard anything. I've been keeping an eye on the processing dates, and they stayed at Oct 2002 for a few months, then all of a sudden leapt to Jan 2003, so I hope they're picking up the pace. We filed on April 14th 2003, so we've a way to go yet.
That's only a few more months. :)

katesuiter1 Feb 25th 2004 6:41 pm

That's only a few more months. :)
:D Thanks for the best wishes, all!!!

Kate. xxxxxxxx:D:D:D

princess_fiona Feb 26th 2004 4:18 pm

Way to go Kate!!! Hope they send you your interview notice soon! I'm really expecting them to speed things up too (esp. old cases like ours). They're training more people so let's hope for the BEST!

Best of luck!!!

AndysGirl Feb 26th 2004 10:40 pm

Kate-

I cant believe how long you've had to wait. I guess living in Oklahoma does have its benefits! Glad to hear of your progress.

Robin

katesuiter1 Feb 27th 2004 11:50 am

Originally posted by AndysGirl
Kate-

I cant believe how long you've had to wait. I guess living in Oklahoma does have its benefits! Glad to hear of your progress.

Robin
Ta very much!!! :D I feel lucky that I don't have to wait as long as some people for AOS, but as always, when you look at your own progress, it still seems to take forever. :( Almost there now, though. :)