Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got my Drivers License and AOS/EAD/AP NOA's!

Wikiposts

Got my Drivers License and AOS/EAD/AP NOA's!

Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:01 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Got my Drivers License and AOS/EAD/AP NOA's!

Hi all,

Well i've been a busy bunny since I got here.

I filed my AOS/EAD/AP paperwork on July 29th, and got my NOA's for everything last friday. The I-765 and the I-845 both say I need to call and schedule and finger printing / biometrics appointment... So I called up on Monday and booked my Biometrics/finger printing appointment and have that August 18th at the CIS in downtown Milwaukee. Generally how long after your biometrics appointment do you get your AOS interview?

Also any hints or recommendations for everything running smoothly? I also went Thursday last week for my full Wisconsin drivers license. I took a test, and it was a bit nerve racking... felt like a highschool kid again, but I passed with a total score of 14... not sure if thats good or bad!

However now they don't give full licenses immediately, so now i'm on my Probationary license for 3 years... woopie doo!

Things are moving along

James
Old Aug 11th 2004, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got my Drivers License and AOS/EAD/AP NOA's!

Originally Posted by mcjimbo
Hi all,

I filed my AOS/EAD/AP paperwork on July 29th, and got my NOA's for everything last friday. The I-765 and the I-845 both say I need to call and schedule and finger printing / biometrics appointment... So I called up on Monday and booked my Biometrics/finger printing appointment and have that August 18th at the CIS in downtown Milwaukee. Generally how long after your biometrics appointment do you get your AOS interview?

Also any hints or recommendations for everything running smoothly? I also went Thursday last week for my full Wisconsin drivers license. I took a test, and it was a bit nerve racking... felt like a highschool kid again, but I passed with a total score of 14... not sure if thats good or bad!

However now they don't give full licenses immediately, so now i'm on my Probationary license for 3 years... woopie doo!

Things are moving along

James
Congrats James on getting your driver's license and the NOA's.
You'll probably get your EAD quicker than my husband because it seems as though people who applied before March 2004 still haven't gotten their EAD's but the ones who applied after March 2004 are getting the EAD's very quickly.
Make sure you take you NOA's and confirmation # or letter for the biometrics and fingerprinting appointments.
You're lucky to get your license also. Here in Connecticut, they won't give out licenses unless you have a 1 year EAD...so my poor husband's jobless, without a license and bored out of his mind.
He did get his interim EAD (after waiting 90 days from NOA reciept date of EAD application), but it was only for 90 days and that's expiring very soon also....we've been told not to apply again for another EAD and won't get a second interim EAD...so basically we wait.

I am confident that you'll get you EAD soon and maybe an expeditated service on your AOS interivew....GOOD LUCK!!

Rukhie:-)
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Hi James,
You certaintly seem to be well organised !. I file my papers in Milwaukee and got my NOA's early last week aswell. I also drove way up into some DMV in a back water town of wisconsin expecting/hoping to be able to sit my test right away (written and practicle) but it didnt work out quite that well. so the drivers test is on the back burner for a while.

Im in New York at the moment working away. Job is great...just hope I can keep it !. We have been living in a hotel fo the past couple of weeks and will be there until september (companys paying obviously !). From then we move into our new apt.

It will be interesting to see how our applications progess seeing as we seem to have got our NOAs around the same time. I of course will have to change my address to New York soon (was told not to submit a change of addres until we got a permanent address). Im sure that will lead to a few months delay !.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to call you when I was over in Milwaukee but I was so busy getting married and going on a 2 week holiday to Seattle + San fran...excellent + driving to New York etc.

talk to you soon.
Niall

Last edited by MrDub; Aug 12th 2004 at 12:24 am.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcjimbo
Hi all,

Things are moving along

James

CONGRATULATIONS!!! awww I am glad to hear things are finally moving along!
Yipe!!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 11:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, James! Nice to see things progressing smoothly!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:22 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrDub
Hi James,
You certaintly seem to be well organised !. I file my papers in Milwaukee and got my NOA's early last week aswell. I also drove way up into some DMV in a back water town of wisconsin expecting/hoping to be able to sit my test right away (written and practicle) but it didnt work out quite that well. so the drivers test is on the back burner for a while.

Im in New York at the moment working away. Job is great...just hope I can keep it !. We have been living in a hotel fo the past couple of weeks and will be there until september (companys paying obviously !). From then we move into our new apt.

It will be interesting to see how our applications progess seeing as we seem to have got our NOAs around the same time. I of course will have to change my address to New York soon (was told not to submit a change of addres until we got a permanent address). Im sure that will lead to a few months delay !.

Sorry I didnt get a chance to call you when I was over in Milwaukee but I was so busy getting married and going on a 2 week holiday to Seattle + San fran...excellent + driving to New York etc.

talk to you soon.
Niall

Thanks everyone, Niall its great to hear from you.

No prob's regarding giving me a call, we might be coming to NY this fall to visit a friend of Angies, so maybe we can meet up then for that drink

Glad to hear you started work, i've had a few interviews so far and one job i'm battling with the company because the founder/director thinks I won't handle a Wisconsin winter. I emailed back that I wouldn't of gone through 1 1/2 years of immigration paperwork to be here, a medical and an interview, and uproot my life if I wasn't serious about staying here.... So we'll see how that pans out.

I must say sitting around applying for jobs all day does get boring...I just hope something comes up soon. So Rukhie I feel for your husband. I've still got Temp authorization until September 10, so fingers crossed I get my Perm EAD before or soon after that.

James