Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got K3 visa interview letter, but no date!

Wikiposts

Got K3 visa interview letter, but no date!

Old May 20th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough
Default Got K3 visa interview letter, but no date!

The much-anticipated letter with our visa interview appointment finally came in the mail today!!! (It's dated 19 May, went in the post 20 May, and arrived today...)

David and I have read it many times... it says "We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview int he Immigrant Visa section the date printed below."

Buuuuuuuuut... there's no date!

Of course we're going to call the Embassy when the "customer service" line opens at 1 pm... but in light of duffmid's 01:00 interview time (1 am!!!), the mean Scottish-sounding woman, the fact that our Packet 3 was never sent and I had to pick it up... this whole visa thing has turned into a farce... Every time we read the letter we laugh harder!
Old May 20th 2004, 11:42 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got K3 visa interview letter, but no date!

Originally posted by Buendia
The much-anticipated letter with our visa interview appointment finally came in the mail today!!! (It's dated 19 May, went in the post 20 May, and arrived today...)

David and I have read it many times... it says "We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview int he Immigrant Visa section the date printed below."

Buuuuuuuuut... there's no date!

Of course we're going to call the Embassy when the "customer service" line opens at 1 pm... but in light of duffmid's 01:00 interview time (1 am!!!), the mean Scottish-sounding woman, the fact that our Packet 3 was never sent and I had to pick it up... this whole visa thing has turned into a farce... Every time we read the letter we laugh harder!
I imagine you reached the point where you'd been so frustrated, you couldn't scream anymore, so you had to crack up laughing instead! I think I'd be the same! Good luck, and I hope you sort this out easily!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 21st 2004, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, there!
I also had the same issue when i received my packet-4.
Sometimes they do not provide you with any specific date.HOWEVER, obtain your required documents for the interview, do your medical exam and other things that are to be done.
Afterwards, fill the DS-2001 which is sort of declaration that you possess all the required documents and send to the embassy in your country.
only THEN they will send you BIOGRAPHIC PART-2 alltogether with your interview date.
No reason to be worried.
good luck!
Old May 21st 2004, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

Buendia,

the consulate in Dominican Republic has sent letters like that previously. With them it means that you have an open interview, which means you go in whenever you are ready. Call your consulate and confirm.
Old May 21st 2004, 12:54 am

Originally posted by d_medina
Buendia,

the consulate in Dominican Republic has sent letters like that previously. With them it means that you have an open interview, which means you go in whenever you are ready. Call your consulate and confirm.
Blimey!!! Wish we could do that with the procedure over here! I'd have been ready a year ago!!!

Kate. xxxxx
Old May 21st 2004, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

So glad to know you got the letter...Congrats!! Any luck with the call?
Old May 21st 2004, 3:55 am
Just Joined

G.E DUB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ,

Sent a personal email . It's just crazy !! I hope you can just walk in , that would be amazing although it sounds too good to be thru...I wonder how many K visa people there are going thru Dublin...Can't be that many .

Anyways good luck with getting any info.

G.E
Old May 21st 2004, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Buendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the roughBuendia is a jewel in the rough

So, we're sitting in an internet cafe because I was so excited and had to post NOW!

David called the Embassy right at 1 pm and got the Scottish woman. She seemed confused, and said they'd have to call us back, took our home number/mobile number. And of course they didn't call back... So at 3:45 (15 mins. before the 'helpline' closes) David called back... they gave us July 8th!!!!! So relieved!!!!! (I screamed and shouted and embarassed myself, and then we went for drinks at the Horseshoe Bar at the Shelbourne).

Thanks for all your replies!
Old May 21st 2004, 5:44 am
Just Joined

G.E DUB is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great !! At long last you have a date to mark down .

My date is July 6'th ...2 days before you no less !

I'll be able to give you some pinters on my experience if you'd like.

Have a Guinness for me ,

Graham
Old May 21st 2004, 5:45 am

(I screamed and shouted and embarassed myself).
Aww, who cares?!!!!! You had some great news! Many congrats, and good luck for your day!!!

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old May 21st 2004, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

ire blues will become famous soon enoughire blues will become famous soon enough

Wonderful news..So happy for you both!

have one for me
Old May 21st 2004, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Back from the Stag's Head - had a Guinness in honor of all of you going through this (thank you so much for your nice replies)! I'm now suitably scuttered! Good luck to everyone!
Old May 21st 2004, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Back from the Stag's Head - had a Guinness in honor of all of you going through this (thank you so much for your nice replies)! I'm now suitably scuttered! Good luck to everyone!
Congrats Buendia!!! Have some Guiness for me!! :PARTY:

Cheers,
Jamie
Old May 21st 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

brigeet will become famous soon enoughbrigeet will become famous soon enough

So, we're sitting in an internet cafe because I was so excited and had to post NOW!

David called the Embassy right at 1 pm and got the Scottish woman. She seemed confused, and said they'd have to call us back, took our home number/mobile number. And of course they didn't call back... So at 3:45 (15 mins. before the 'helpline' closes) David called back... they gave us July 8th!!!!! So relieved!!!!! (I screamed and shouted and embarassed myself, and then we went for drinks at the Horseshoe Bar at the Shelbourne).

Phew! Thank God!!! Many congrats!
Old May 21st 2004, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

theangells is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and good luck !!