Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got Interview date but its 2 weeks b4 2nd anniversary

Wikiposts

Got Interview date but its 2 weeks b4 2nd anniversary

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:54 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
r,

Not funny at all. As folinskyinla pointed out, most people don't think about death and never consider that the USC spouse could die during the period of postponement. But s**t happens, and such an event would have doubly serious consequences for the intending immigrant
- no spouse, which could not have been prevented, and
- no 'Green Card', which COULD have been prevented.

Regards, JEff
Personally - I would not want to take any chance which I could avoid.

Yes - I am paranoid but at least I know that I am.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:15 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsLondon
Seems strange you cannot get a GC if the USC spouse dies, but if the marriage breaks up, you still can provided it was 'entered into in good faith.'
Btw if a perm GC is good for 10 years, what happens after the 10 years are up? Do you just automatically get sent a new one, like with credit cards?
Hi:

The CARD is good for 10 years, but the status is "permanent" -- you just file an I-90 for a "replacement" card. BTW, that can now be done on line if you have a checking account.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:19 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The CARD is good for 10 years, but the status is "permanent" -- you just file an I-90 for a "replacement" card. BTW, that can now be done on line if you have a checking account.
I saw the bit about on-line filing.

As I can currently file in person at my local office though, if it continued, I'd probably do that.

Moot really as I intend to apply for Citizenship and hopefully? they will let me have it.....

(Not that I've done anything "bad" mind you).