Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

got approval, now what?

got approval, now what?

Old Jun 17th 2002, 8:20 am
Jjma3

Default got approval, now what?

hi, i just called the vermont center and the phone message said that i got approval
for the fiance visa. yeah! my fiance is in dakar, senegal. i am wondering if anyone
has had any experience with this embassy. how long does it take usually for them to
get the papers from vermont and anyone know anything about the interview? thanks m

Old Jun 17th 2002, 9:20 am
Humberto Rossi

Default Re: got approval, now what?

I am going through the same thing. I have been told various times that it takes about
a month before the Vermont Service Center cables the petition. My fiance is
Mozambican and is going through the South African embassy. I thought I read a posting
from someone that married someone from senegal. If you don't get an answer through
this, check old postings.

Lili

Old Jun 18th 2002, 1:20 am
Jjma3

Default Re: got approval, now what?

thanks, i will check to see if anyone had any experience with senegal. i just got my
letter of approval yesterday. this process on the us end took pretty fast. the
embassy in dakar says to email them as much as i want to see if they recieved my
fiance's case. mavis