Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got AOS interview notice, but we had our interview in May!!

Wikiposts

Got AOS interview notice, but we had our interview in May!!

Old Nov 28th 2003, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

kjdrga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got another AOS interview notice, but we had our interview in May!!

Okay need advise.

Yes we will go to the INS office next week to ask what is going on but here's what we know.

We had our AOS interview in May 2003 and where notified that the results would be sent my mail, well 5 months have gone by and we sent last week a letter asking what is going on?

Today we receive a notice for our AOS interview for March 2004. It is the same notice we received the day we applied for AOS (we had an emergency and were allowed to apply and received all our dates that very day) except these have different dates and the new box is checked as to the I 485 application.

So they have duplicated themselves, while we are waiting to here the results, which leads me to think that perhaps they have lost all our papers!!!!

This is Arlington, and they are slated to move after Jan 1! More paperwork to be lost there too...

Any advice or has anyone heard of this???

Last edited by kjdrga; Nov 29th 2003 at 6:09 am.
Old Nov 29th 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Got another AOS interview notice, but we had our interview in May!!

anyone out there with any suggestions?
Old Nov 30th 2003, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Nobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kjdrga
Okay need advise.

Yes we will go to the INS office next week to ask what is going on but here's what we know.

We had our AOS interview in May 2003 and where notified that the results would be sent my mail, well 5 months have gone by and we sent last week a letter asking what is going on?

Today we receive a notice for our AOS interview for March 2004. It is the same notice we received the day we applied for AOS (we had an emergency and were allowed to apply and received all our dates that very day) except these have different dates and the new box is checked as to the I 485 application.

So they have duplicated themselves, while we are waiting to here the results, which leads me to think that perhaps they have lost all our papers!!!!

This is Arlington, and they are slated to move after Jan 1! More paperwork to be lost there too...

Seems we are in the same boat.
We went for our AOS interview on December 4th 2002.
In April INS sent us an appointment for AOS interview again.
We asked our attorney about this, and the reasons why, and he quit on us there and then!
We then went to INS Las Vegas, they told us that fingerprints had expired, and they had to be redone before case could be completed. Also that we should hear from them in July.

July came and went.. nothing from BCIS.

August 17th.. We faxed a letter to BCIS Las Vegas with all the details, having already attended an AOS interview on December 4th 2002 etc, and the info we were given on our visit to the office in April. A few days later, we received a letter back from BCIS saying that all clearences were in and that we would be hearing from them 'shortly'.

Guess what.. still haven't heard anything!

April 25th 2004 will be our 3rd Wedding Anniversary.

We've given up with BCIS and won't bother to contact them again.

We have all the evidence that we did everything correctly and by the law.. and if they are unable to follow the rules they set.. then thats up to them.

My husband is self employed, and from England, and is never questioned about his status by anyone.. so why bother trying to make everything legal when those that are burdened with the task can't get it sorted in the first place.

Its no wonder everything takes so long with BCIS when they do everything twice!

They couldn't organise an orgy in a brothel if you ask me.
Old Nov 30th 2003, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Sami is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, kgdrga:

I'm sorry to read about the delays you have been facing after the AOS interview in May 2003.

Our interview at Arlington/VA is scheduled for January 20, 2004. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Do you know what would be the new address of USCIS from January 2004, as you have indicated in your post. Is it shown on the Arlingotn/VA website of USCIS ?

Take care, and please post here about what you find out about this mix-up and asking again by USCIS to appear for AOS interview in March 2004.

Sami

Originally posted by kjdrga
Okay need advise.

Old Dec 1st 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sami,

As far as I know this information hasn't been well publicized. In our letter there came an additional information sheet regarding this change. It states the following:

"CIS office is moving to 2675 Prosperity Ave. between Lee Highway and Gallow Road in Merrifield, VA.

The new office building is next to Dunn Loring Metro Station (Orange Line). There is ample pay parking available.

The date of move has not been determined though we expect to move after the 1st of January.

As you approach your interview date it is important for you to call 202/307-1504 to be updated on the location of your interview.

The message will give specific dates for the move and the transition of services to the new location."

Just so you know there is no free parking anywhere, we live down the road from this metro station and I occasionally park in the parking lot which I now know is where the CIS office will be.

We'll let you know what happens after we visit CIS to inquire into this letter and the status of our case.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

We went to CIS on Tuesday, they claimed we never had our AOS interview... HA that was a good one. I wish they would video tape the interviews then they would know we were there.

Anyhow after asking for the supervisor, because the front line officer don't explain things well, they explained that our interview is not valid because they are NOT to conduct interviews without the case file present (ours is in transit from VT and has been for a while) which is exactly what our interviewer did. He also took our paperwork. So they have said that in March 04 we will just need to present updated finacial info and there should not be any interview since one was done and my husband should bring his passport to have it stamped.

To make a long story short, they screwed up back May by conducting and "invalid" interview and now we have to wait even longer for the conditional greencard. We just hope they don't change the story on us again. Too bad this doesn't delay to our 2nd wedding anniversary so we could have gotten the 10 year greencard.

My husband also does not have to be fingerprinted next week because he was fingerprinted in Feb. and they are valid for 15 months.