Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got AOS interview date in Memphis

Got AOS interview date in Memphis

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 9:21 pm
Quyrah

Hi All Just for those in particular in TN or those who use the Memphis Service
Center, I guess someone has lit a fire under their butts. I was married on April 8th
2000. Filed for my AOS in May and have my interview for m y conditional on April 26th
this year.

FIRST Let me express my sorrow to Lisa. I hope you can find out what is going on
because I know for a fact you should have been in this crowd s omewhere. Please do
something girl. My heart really goes out to you and if I could give up my place for
you to go first, I would.

My girlfriend who had her fingerprints done the same day as myself has h er interview
on the 5th of April. Now if they are going alphabetically or not, I can't say, but it
in some ways looks like it. Her last name i s just before mine. Go figure. Maybe
that's just my conclusions, I don 't know.

SECOND The letter states to bring updated G325 Bio's. No problem. The y want another
affidavit of support I864. Well, my husband didn't earn enough to be my sole sponsor
so we have someone else co-sponsoring me. Does that mean I have to get them to fill
out another I864 as well? Any idea's Rete?, Alvena? Mr. Undall? Anyone?

I have all the rest of the stuff and hopefully since I just quit my job a couple of
weeks ago due to some major problems with were I was working hopefully, I'll have
another by the time I have my interview to bring a long a letter from them! Anyway,
just want to keep everyone informed so that they can judge their timelines. I guess I
must say, This is going a bit better than the I129 did for us. We had to wait over 8
months for that, so I guess this makes up for th e TSC's incompetancies. Doubt it,
but it sounds nice. Hugs to all and best wishes to all. Keep us informed

Q & RV

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Thu Mar 22 23:21:52 2001 depuis l'IP : 1cust110.tnt4.knoxville.tn.da.uu.net
[VIP 2995867]

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 9:50 pm
Rete

Congratulations on the speed and my sympathies to Lisa and Mike as well. Have been on
the outside looking in ourselves (seems to be a problem for some reason with the '98
alumni and the INS) and can feel for them.

For yourself and the I-864, since Matt is attending his father's funeral, I will
attempt to answer for you. Since your hubby can't be the sole co-sponsor you have
several choices:

1. Have the co-sponsor redo an updated I-864;

2. Or if their circumstances haven't changed, i.e. same employer, just have them
submit a current paystub and the latest tax return;

3. Or since you have living there more than six months and working, your hubby
completes the I-864 and you complete the I-864A and if together you make enough
to meet the requirements you can eliminate the co-sponsor.

Rita

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
1cust110.tnt4.knoxville.tn.da.uu.net [VIP 2995867]

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 11:22 pm
goodwin

We have just got back from Memphis with my approval, our timeline was from January
1999. It was a very simple process and we were in and out in 15 minutes. The lady who
did our interview was most courteous and friendly. For anyone that is waiting and
worrying, please don't for as long as you have a valid marriage it will all go
smoothly. Carol

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
1cust110.tnt4.knoxville.tn.da.uu.net [VIP 2995867]

Old Mar 22nd 2001, 11:59 pm
Daisy

I love these kinds of success stories! Thanks so much, our interview is in April.

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi All Just for those in particular in TN or those who use the Memphis Service[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Center, I guess someone has lit a fire under their butts. I was married on April[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > 8th 2000. Filed for my AOS in May and have my interview for m y conditional on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > April 26th this year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > FIRST Let me express my sorrow to Lisa. I hope you can find out what is going on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > because I know for a fact you should have been in this crowd s omewhere. Please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > do something girl. My heart really goes out to you and if I could give up my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > place for you to go first, I would.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My girlfriend who had her fingerprints done the same day as myself has h er[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview on the 5th of April. Now if they are going alphabetically or not, I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > can't say, but it in some ways looks like it. Her last name i s just before mine.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Go figure. Maybe that's just my conclusions, I don 't know.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > SECOND The letter states to bring updated G325 Bio's. No problem. The y want[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > another affidavit of support I864. Well, my husband didn't earn enough to be my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sole sponsor so we have someone else co-sponsoring me. Does that mean I have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > get them to fill out another I864 as well? Any idea's Rete?, Alvena? Mr. Undall?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Anyone?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I have all the rest of the stuff and hopefully since I just quit my job a couple[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of weeks ago due to some major problems with were I was working hopefully, I'll[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > have another by the time I have my interview to bring a long a letter from them![/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Anyway, just want to keep everyone informed so that they can judge their[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > timelines. I guess I must say, This is going a bit better than the I129 did for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > us. We had to wait over 8 months for that, so I guess this makes up for th e[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > TSC's incompetancies. Doubt it, but it sounds nice. Hugs to all and best wishes[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to all. Keep us informed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Q & RV[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Le : Thu Mar 22 23:21:52 2001 depuis l'IP :[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 12:38 am
georgesgirl35

good luck and congrats on getting a date so quick please let us know how it goes

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 1:12 am
LisaDtoo

>
    >
somewhere. Please do something girl.

Thanks...both to you and to Rita. We're really frustrated, I can tell you. We can now
safely say that every single other couple that we know of who filed in Memphis
between October 1998 and May 2000 have been called for their interview notice. Except
us (with one exception - a couple I know at work where the wife was 10-12 years out
of status when they filed AOS. They'd gotten their fingerprint notice but not their
interview...and they filed sometime after May 2000, actually, so I guess they still
count). Go figure. We've done everything we know to do at this point...all we can do
is wait for Memphis to either respond to the "Status Inquiry" we lodged through the
National Customer Service line (they're supposed to have a written answer to us by a
week from Monday, or April 3rd) -- or should they not respond by then, we'll have an
even greater "case" to take back to our Congressman's office, and to write the
District Director with to request help...or to finally resort to an attorney's help.

At any rate, our congrats to you. Good luck in your interview. We'd love to see a
list of everything they ask you to bring to the interview, if you wouldn't mind
posting that...and any other instructions they gave you.

And Carol, could you give us more detail regarding your interview, or submit it to
the AOS Experiences page? I'm amazed that about six couples now have had their
interviews in Memphis in the past month or so and none have submitted their
experience to the Experiences page yet.

You may see our wedding web page at the following URL: http://nguyen-huu.com/wedding

Old Mar 23rd 2001, 1:42 am
goodwin

Lisa I did give my experience of the interview and as I said if anyone needs help
then I will only be too glad to help. I do feel sorry for you Lisa and hope that you
soon will be able to post your experiences to the interview page. Carol

[usenetquote2]> > FIRST Let me express my sorrow to Lisa. I hope you can find out what is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > going on because I know for a fact you should have been in this crowd[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
you. We
    >
filed in
    >
interview
    >
wife
    >
    >