Hope you get it sorted soon.

Best of luck!!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

redv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got a 221 G!!! Help!

Originally Posted by jamieoxford
Alas, no update yet.
That's a shocking position to find yourself in.

I hope it's turns out to be somthing simple and resolved very soon.

I have my AOS interview this week. My nerves are on edge.

Last edited by redv; Jul 19th 2011 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

jamieoxford is on a distinguished road

Thanks all. Trying to stay sane. Good luck with the AOS.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

No update, still waiting. 10 weeks to the day since my interview. DOS says it is a "good case" because it does not require any additional documents. I'd hate to know what a bad case is. Will let you know how things transpire.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

JustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud of

No update, still waiting. 10 weeks to the day since my interview. DOS says it is a "good case" because it does not require any additional documents. I'd hate to know what a bad case is. Will let you know how things transpire.
Wow, will you find out what all this was about at the end?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Don't think so. Not sure I'll care that much so long as I have the visa in hand! That they don't need additional information from me leads me to believe it is additional security checks. But who knows?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

JustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud of

Well hang in there mate. Sounds like you are taking it in your stride. I'd be going completely mental if I were in your shoes!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mate.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

So, a small but interesting update. 90 days to the day since I was put into AP, I get an email from the US Embassy asking if I have ever been to West Africa? I replied immedaitely stating that I had never been to Africa, let alone, West Africa. Not sure what this means but thought I'd share this update.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

cyrus1341 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing and hope you get it sorted soon and make sure you let us know when you do!!!

All the best for now!

So, a small but interesting update. 90 days to the day since I was put into AP, I get an email from the US Embassy asking if I have ever been to West Africa? I replied immedaitely stating that I had never been to Africa, let alone, West Africa. Not sure what this means but thought I'd share this update.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

A story -- I accompanied a client to an Immigrant Visa interview in Seoul in 1994. [Back in the day, it was common for immigrants unable to adjust in the US to return home for an immigrant visa. In 1996, the law was changed to insure that such immigrants remained illegally in the US rather than leaving and legalizing status. Go figure.]

As a prophylactic measure, we always obtained a "Kimpo Check" [a Korean government certificate of all entries and exits from the ROK]. As a general rule, the Kimpo Check was considered Holy Writ for other than North Korean infiltrators.

Client was asked "Did you apply for a visa in Paraguay in 1989?" Client says "no." Con Off -- our database shows a person with your name and date of birth applied in Paraguay. Attorney -- I know that Korean names repeat a lot, but the Kimpo Check shows he was in Korea at that time. Con Off -- I believe you, but policy from Department says we have to see the actual visa application to show it wasn't him. Three months later, client called back into Embassy and issued visa.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

That is all perfectly shocking!! Should be packing but came across this thread and got hooked...
Jamieoxford, hats off to you for being so resilient, I think I would have gone crazy in your situation!!!
Especially after having been told you were approved...and now this West Africa thing - wonder if it's the same as for that Korean guy. How odd!!!

You poor, poor thing, I DO hope you get it sorted soon!!!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all. I'm assuming it's a name hit with someone with a connection to west Africa. Who knows?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think it means that there's someone on a list of undesireables whose personal information makes it hard to distinguish you from them.

Either that, or you're lying.

The consulate needs to figure out which it is.

Regards, JEff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.