Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Is this a good strategy?

Wikiposts

Is this a good strategy?

Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a good strategy?

Originally Posted by query
Hello Everyone !!

I am sorry, i just jumped in your conversatation, i should have opened a new thread.

But anyways, just wanna know few things

1- What forms do you file to remove CR6 i mean for permenent GC (10 yrs).
2- My CR6 will expire in June then when should i file the form ??
3- How long the process takes ? and after how long they send you for GC for 10 yrs?
4- Lets say your CR6 expired and you already filed the form to remove ur CR6, can you still travel/work, if yes then you need a document to travel/work ?

I will really appreciate if you can guide me.

Thanks
-Query
Query:

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

How Do I Apply?
To find out how you can apply to remove your conditions of residence, please see Application Procedures, which help identify what you need to do. The USCIS will extend your conditional resident status while USCIS staff reviews your application.

Will I Get a Work Permit?
As a legal permanent resident, you should have received a permanent resident card. This card will continue to prove that you have a right to live and work in the United States permanently. If you file your USCIS Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) on time, the USCIS will extend your conditional resident status for up to 12 months while your Form I-751 petition is under review.

(more)
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:59 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by query
I am sorry, i just jumped in your conversatation, i should have opened a new thread.
Amazing.

You knew before posting that you should start your own thread, but didn't do it. You didn't add in your apology as an after-thought edit. You also didn't just delete the post and start your own thread. Instead you made the decision to hijack this thread. And based on the questions you asked, it's obvious that you didn't search the forum or the USCIS website to find existing answers before posting your questions, either.

If you know you should start your own thread, then do so. If you haven't already searched the forum and/or the USCIS website for answers to your questions, then do so before posting your questions. Please.

~ Jenney
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:10 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Amazing.

You knew before posting that you should start your own thread, but didn't do it. You didn't add in your apology as an after-thought edit. You also didn't just delete the post and start your own thread. Instead you made the decision to hijack this thread. And based on the questions you asked, it's obvious that you didn't search the forum or the USCIS website to find existing answers before posting your questions, either.

If you know you should start your own thread, then do so. If you haven't already searched the forum and/or the USCIS website for answers to your questions, then do so before posting your questions. Please.

~ Jenney
That's nice.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:12 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
While you are waiting to file whatever visa you are currently in the US on might expire and when it expires you start accruing out of status time. Be out of status for 180 days and if you leave the country with or without advance parole, you will be banned from returning for x number of months.
Rete, that doesn't make sense to me. I'm here on a K3 and even if it expires before I get my greencard I won't be out of status.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Rete, that doesn't make sense to me. I'm here on a K3 and even if it expires before I get my greencard I won't be out of status.
I think Rete means, if the visa expires *before* filing anything. Once you file AOS, you're safe even if the K-3 expires.

Rene
Old Dec 15th 2005, 2:18 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I think Rete means, if the visa expires *before* filing anything. Once you file AOS, you're safe even if the K-3 expires.

Rene
Oh ok, got it. Thanks.