Wikiposts

Good News

Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good News

I just came from my congressional rep's office and she made her call to Vermont and was told that my I130 was given to an Ajudication Officer at 9:30AM. She was told depending on how many cases the officer has on their desk that the approval will take any where from 2 to 4 weeks.

She also told me to stop worrying about the I129F because there is no need to get upset about that anymore. She did say that it was not right that they have not answered her emails from Missouri.

Any way I probably will cancel my trip to Turkey. I am quite happy right now especially knowing that the case is on the desk of an officer after receiving an RFE for the G325-A forms. I never want to jump to any conclusions but I am assuming that RFE would include everything that was missing. Thank god Vermont is moving along.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:05 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good News

Originally posted by tmushen
I just came from my congressional rep's office and she made her call to Vermont and was told that my I130 was given to an Ajudication Officer at 9:30AM. She was told depending on how many cases the officer has on their desk that the approval will take any where from 2 to 4 weeks.

She also told me to stop worrying about the I129F because there is no need to get upset about that anymore. She did say that it was not right that they have not answered her emails from Missouri.

Any way I probably will cancel my trip to Turkey. I am quite happy right now especially knowing that the case is on the desk of an officer after receiving an RFE for the G325-A forms. I never want to jump to any conclusions but I am assuming that RFE would include everything that was missing. Thank god Vermont is moving along.
That is good news. I guess I'll be lucky if I get my approval before the end of January. But I don't think you should cancel your trip. Are you aware how long IV processing takes thru the NVC? I have a relative who has his interview soon and the timeframe was about 5 months from NVC receiving the case to interview. Check this out: http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
That is good news. I guess I'll be lucky if I get my approval before the end of January. But I don't think you should cancel your trip. Are you aware how long IV processing takes thru the NVC? I have a relative who has his interview soon and the timeframe was about 5 months from NVC receiving the case to interview. Check this out: http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html
The link is not working but according my congressional rep she said let's get the approval first and then we will go from there.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Tmushen,

That is great news, i've been following your posts these last couple of days, and i'm very happy that you finally got some answers and some good news. Hopefully this will all be over with soon and you can be reunited with your wife. I can only pray that MSC will soon approve my application.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Michi
Tmushen,

That is great news, i've been following your posts these last couple of days, and i'm very happy that you finally got some answers and some good news. Hopefully this will all be over with soon and you can be reunited with your wife. I can only pray that MSC will soon approve my application.
As long as you don't receive an RFE from MSC it seems that the 60 to 90 days is really a good time frame for approval. So you should be any day now. Good luck.
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

The link is not working but according my congressional rep she said let's get the approval first and then we will go from there.
Part of the link was not hyperlinked. Make sure you get all of it in your browser. The part starting with (e).html was not included if you click on the link.

Try this:

http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Part of the link was not hyperlinked. Make sure you get all of it in your browser. The part starting with (e).html was not included if you click on the link.

Try this:

http://travel.state.gov/spouse_fiance(e).html
Thanks I had tried just .html but I forgot the (e).
Old Dec 31st 2003, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

They are supposed to review the whole packet to avoid multiple RFE's. Matt (I believe) posted a protocol from the USCIS in ehich they stated that so as to avoid wasting resources. Reality is that they do happen.

Old Dec 31st 2003, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

I am reading so many things but from a previous conversation and after reading the information on the US Embassy website in Ankara I think everything can be done in Ankara. In a previous conversation with an Immigration Officer he said that once I receive the approval that it would be wired to Ankara. I didn't really know what he meant but I assume he meant faxed to Ankara. I don't know if it's possible that the file doesn't go to NVC but according to the instructions on the Ankara website it seems that the I-864 and payment for the Visa can be made in Ankara or to NVC. Here is what is posted on the Ankara website.

To assist in providing the most efficient customer service and to expedite your immigrant visa processing, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ankara uses a pre-appointment document screening system.

The appointment will be scheduled for a few days after all documents are submitted.

There are no other alternatives for submitting immigrant visa documentation. You should follow the instructions below and submit the required forms via UPS.

STEP 1 For Beneficiary: Complete Forms DS-230 Part I and II and obtain
required documents listed.

STEP 2 For Petitioner: Complete the original notarized Form I-864, Affidavit of
Support and its supplemental documents: W-2 and 1040 tax forms (for last three years), bank and other financial statements and forward it to your relative.
(if you are not qualified to sponsor your relative financially, you must find a co-sponsor who can present a Notarized Form I-864 and supplemental documents in addition to your Affidavit of Support. Also you must prepare a statement explaining why you did not pay any taxes to the U.S. Government for the last three years).

If you already submitted the completed Form I-864 and its supplemental documents to the National Visa Center, please disregard this step.

INTERVIEW

1. RECEIPT: The fee for an immigrant visa is $335.00 per person. You will be required to pay the application fee of $335.00 at the time of your interview. (Cash only, personal checks are not accepted). Do not courier this payment

There is more but does this make any sense to anyone. Has anyone on the board ever did an I130 where the applicant was from Turkey.