Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Girl who broke her J1 terms wants to marry me...what should I do??

Wikiposts

Girl who broke her J1 terms wants to marry me...what should I do??

Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Girl who broke her J1 terms wants to marry me...what should I do??

Originally Posted by benny_blanco07
Thank you adobe,,, and no...this is not ESKIMO ... lol..

what does Notez-bien mean in this context anyways?

BENNY
Note well.

Benny, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

benny_blanco07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Note well.

Thank you Sally, I will definitely take this down and concentrate on the many beautiful girls in my own country that do not require a VISA!!!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Thank you Sally, I will definitely take this down and concentrate on the many beautiful girls in my own country that do not require a VISA!!!
Very relieved to hear it!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Very relieved to hear it!
Don't believe a word of it. He's trying to placate those who have suggested he do something he really doesn't want to do. He'll marry the girl and a few weeks after, he'll come to his senses and then he'll post again under a different name asking for help in stopping the GC process for his new wife.

Ian
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Don't believe a word of it. He's trying to placate those who have suggested he do something he really doesn't want to do. He'll marry the girl and a few weeks after, he'll come to his senses and then he'll post again under a different name asking for help in stopping the GC process for his new wife.

Ian

you're kind of right... but i cant think straight right now...

time will tell...
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:38 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

However, can anyone still answer my question,,, will the consulate detect her fraud intent of skipping her J1 visa sponsor and instead married someone right after landing in the US?
Well, why don't you try it and see what happens? Then get back to us when she drops you for someone else -- but not before she has her green card in hand, of course.

~ Jenney
Old Aug 25th 2006, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

time will tell...
How old are you?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:28 am
Just Joined

How old are you?

I'm 23 yrs old... Same age as her.

Why?
Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:32 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

time will tell...
Well, you'll have plenty of it...time, that is. Word on the street is that there is a one year+ wait for a K or IV interview appointment in DR. You'll have lots of time to figure out what you want to do in about a year and a half.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:12 am
Account Closed

I'm 23 yrs old... Same age as her.

Why?
Old enough to know better
Old Aug 26th 2006, 12:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you adobe,,, and no...this is not ESKIMO ... lol..

what does Notez-bien mean in this context anyways?

BENNY
Note please ;-)

That post was very well written. Yes, she will have to tell about her J-1. Yes, it will be noted that she remained in the US while not fulfilling the J-1. Unless her passport was marked with the notation "D/S" duration of status, she will have been out of status from the day she was reported as a no-show by Disney. Every day thereafter is a day out of status. If she was out of status for 180 days she will be banned from entry to the US and/or PR for 3 years. If over a year then the ban is for 10 years.

This will go against her at the AOS interview and might require a waiver of inadmissibility after the AOS is denied.

If you want to marry her, contact an immigration attorney for at minimum a consultation on her issues.

Last edited by Rete; Aug 27th 2006 at 12:47 am.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her you want her to sign a pre-nup or you won't marry her... and see what sort of reaction you get. That should pretty much tell you where her head is. Oh... be sure to follow through with the pre-nup... I mean, don't just suggest one and then not get it. Make sure you each have a different lawyer.

Ian
Old Aug 26th 2006, 2:00 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Note well.

Too bad his name isn't Billy. This made me laugh till I cried. I tried to send you Karma but I must spread it around first. Post of the Day, dear Sally.

~SecretGarden
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Too bad his name isn't Billy. This made me laugh till I cried. I tried to send you Karma but I must spread it around first. Post of the Day, dear Sally.

~SecretGarden
Just for you
Attached Thumbnails Girl who broke her J1 terms wants to marry me...what should I do??-paper-lace.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2006, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Note please ;-)

That post was very well written. Yes, she will have to tell about her J-1. Yes, it will be noted that she remained in the US while not fulfilling the J-1. Unless her passport was marked with the notation "D/S" duration of status, she will have been out of status from the day you was reported as a no-show by Disney. Every day thereafter is a day out of status. If she was out of status for 180 days she will be banned from entry to the US and/or PR for 3 years. If over a year then the ban is for 10 years.

This will go against her at the AOS interview and might require a waiver of inadmissibility after the AOS is denied.

If you want to marry her, contact an immigration attorney for at minimum a consultation on her issues.

Thank you for your great answer Rete...

Although that leaves one remaining question in my mind:

Besides a penalty for falling out of status...

Is there a likelyhood for an additional penalty for her marriage that took place only 2 days after landing in the US which shows obvious fraud INTENT to stay for a non-immigrant and not only that but this marriage being THE REASON why she fell out of status after all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.