Wikiposts

Getting tired of VSC.

Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting tired of VSC.

As of today i have all the immunizations, papers, affidavids, p3 forms pre filled in, etc for my visa, but STILL no word from VSC.

Today is day 30 from when my petition was handed to an officer to look at, a little over 100 days sofar waiting in total.

I just wish this was over already, i should have sent mine in december i guess, it seems most of those are already approved.

My other half is also slowly losing all faith in me returning anytime soon, i wish i could be with her already

Thanks for reading.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:44 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting tired of VSC.

it is very frustrating thats for sure.. most people are happy to go thru Vermont I think..they are generally pretty speedy but the odd time they seem stuck on a case.

we are coming up to a year since we sent in our application to california.. not happy in the least I can assure you.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Darkie
As of today i have all the immunizations, papers, affidavids, p3 forms pre filled in, etc for my visa, but STILL no word from VSC.

Today is day 30 from when my petition was handed to an officer to look at, a little over 100 days sofar waiting in total.

I just wish this was over already, i should have sent mine in december i guess, it seems most of those are already approved.

My other half is also slowly losing all faith in me returning anytime soon, i wish i could be with her already

Thanks for reading.
You don't know how many other cases were given to the ajudicating officer at the same time, though, Darkie. Myself, I'd be happy to know I'm going through Vermont. If you are so frustrated with 30 days, imagine how insane you two would be if you had to go through any of the other SC's! They are taking twice as long as Vermont. It took 6 months for Texas to approve us.

We all understand the frustrations, though. After this is all over with, you will look back and not realize just how fast the time flew by and that it wasn't as bad as you feel it is now. I'm sure you two will be approved soon.

Good Luck,
Jamie
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by souls canuck
it is very frustrating thats for sure.. most people are happy to go thru Vermont I think..they are generally pretty speedy but the odd time they seem stuck on a case.

we are coming up to a year since we sent in our application to california.. not happy in the least I can assure you.
Hi Darkie,

I understand your frustration well. As is souls canuck, I am also approaching the 1-year mark since I filed with CSC, and we haven't even had our interview YET!!

Mind if I join you in having a depressing day??

Rene
Old Feb 13th 2004, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for reading.
I think each and every case is different. We went through Vermont and it took us 6 months for approval of I-129F but some people it takes only 2 months. I don't want to dishearten you but sometimes it can take a bit longer than you think.

I am sure you will hear soon.

Good Luck xxx
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the support, i agree that i am lucky to go through Vermont, sometimes it just becomes hard to accept that the only reason you arent with the one you love is that some person has to decide over paperwork (and that goes especially for people in other service centers).

I'm making the best of it and doing the things i know i will miss once i leave the country i was born. I'm lucky to have the time to do it so i can leave without feeling it was all so rushed.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reading.
Ye i can understand your situation,altough you must have some approval very soon!Vermont can be very unpredictible as it was also last summer.AnywaYs wish you all the best!!!
Old Feb 13th 2004, 11:52 pm
dave w

Thanks for reading.

They might be doing one of those security/fraud checks on your case which can cause a delay

Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Darkie Darkie, we filed through Vermont on December 4th. We had to re-file because of a lack of info and have been re-counting the days since. Today, Valentine's Day, my fiance' is 3,840 miles way, five time zones ahead. We speak on the phone almost daily but it's not enough. Yes, every case is different, but as you said, we are at the mercy, discretion and ability of someone else. We cannot control this part of our destiny and lives so we wait. I am very sick today with a stomach virus and a heavy duty sinus infection. I had to miss work (I work as a patient transporter/attendant in a hospital) which is rare for me. I work to make the bucks I need to get my baby here. It also keeps me focued on our goals. There are many things one can do to fill the time waiting. Tom Petty said it, "the waiting is the hardest part", and he was right.
Thanks for the support, i agree that i am lucky to go through Vermont, sometimes it just becomes hard to accept that the only reason you arent with the one you love is that some person has to decide over paperwork (and that goes especially for people in other service centers).

I'm making the best of it and doing the things i know i will miss once i leave the country i was born. I'm lucky to have the time to do it so i can leave without feeling it was all so rushed.

Thanks again.
Old Feb 14th 2004, 1:14 pm
Louis

Speaking of Vermont . . . I received an RFE in October (one week
after the 129F for K-3 was approved) for evidence of the marriage. I
felt sure I had not left out the copy of the documents (Chongqing,
China) but I assumed that they had been misplaced so I copied them
again and mailed them off. Well, I just saw on the website that they
have sent me another RFE. Since all the documents were approved by
MBC, I can't imagine what the problem could be.

Old Feb 14th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reading.
I was also told that my I130 was given to an officer on 12/29 and depending on how many cases he/she has that it would take 2 to 4 weeks. 6 weeks later and still nothing. At least my I129F was approved and is moving along so I will just wait patiently for the I130.
Old Feb 15th 2004, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reading.
I know how you feel, as you can see from our timeline, processing though Vermont hasn't been smooth for us either, some of it has been our mistakes and some just plain bad luck. We will be so happy to get this stage of the process out of the way, it seems to have taken forever.

At the moment I am focusing on looking forward to the end of the month and a short visit from my fiance to celebrate my birthday. It would be wonderful to be approved by then so we can say goodbye at the airport knowing it won't be long until we see each other again on the other side of the Atlantic.

Clare
Old Feb 16th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

156thSt. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by clare47uk
I know how you feel, as you can see from our timeline, processing though Vermont hasn't been smooth for us either, some of it has been our mistakes and some just plain bad luck. We will be so happy to get this stage of the process out of the way, it seems to have taken forever.

At the moment I am focusing on looking forward to the end of the month and a short visit from my fiance to celebrate my birthday. It would be wonderful to be approved by then so we can say goodbye at the airport knowing it won't be long until we see each other again on the other side of the Atlantic.

Clare
Clare, we are really feeling the pain of all this more today than most so far. This was a holiday today, meaning all federal workers had off so no processing was done today. I wanted to zip across to see my fiance' in a month's time, but I must save money to be able to get across when sh'es ready to come "home". Any delay is a hurtful thing and not being able to communicate with "them" directly sucks. It all feels so unfair because of time and money. Yeeesh I hate to complain because when it's all over we can all live our lives.