Getting started! I-130

Old May 1st 2020, 11:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting started! I-130

I believe the children become USCs, yes, so they need an I-864W. Good question about household size. I would think yes, they still need to be counted, because they still need to be sponsored for the immigrant visa.

Rene
Old May 2nd 2020, 12:50 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I believe the children become USCs, yes, so they need an I-864W. Good question about household size. I would think yes, they still need to be counted, because they still need to be sponsored for the immigrant visa.

Rene
The I-864W has been eliminated. On the immigration lawyer chat boards I have seen puzzlement on how to handle this situation. From what I understand, this is part of the new stiffened “public charge” requirements.
Old May 2nd 2020, 1:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
The I-864W has been eliminated. On the immigration lawyer chat boards I have seen puzzlement on how to handle this situation. From what I understand, this is part of the new stiffened “public charge” requirements.
Wow. I didn't know I-864W had been eliminated.

Rene
Old May 2nd 2020, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Wow. I didn't know I-864W had been eliminated.

Rene
It sounds like the information that would have previously been entered on I-864W now needs to be entered on the new public charge form DS-5540: https://www.ilrc.org/public-charge, but I am sure S Folinsky will have more up to date information
Old May 2nd 2020, 6:30 am
Just Joined

Ali_Z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by os306
It sounds like the information that would have previously been entered on I-864W now needs to be entered on the new public charge form DS-5540: https://www.ilrc.org/public-charge, but I am sure S Folinsky will have more up to date information
I have just read all the information on the link you posted but am still unsure as to what it all means?
Old May 2nd 2020, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ali_Z
I have just read all the information on the link you posted but am still unsure as to what it all means?
Was there something in particular you weren't sure about? I think the link explained most aspects of the new form?

The bottom line is that it seems very likely that this form (and supporting documentation) will be asked for at the time of the visa interview. There's no official word from the London US Embassy about it yet, but I'm sure that once they reopen more information will be forthcoming.
Old May 2nd 2020, 8:31 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by os306
This is brand new and due to litigation and COVID-19 the proverbial ink has yet to dry. I don’t think anyone understands it.
Old May 3rd 2020, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Could someone please clarify if my answers are appropriate for the questions below.

Born in U.K.
US father UK mother
issued a CRBA at age of 6 months

37. Citizenship acquired through? Parents
38. Have you obtained a certificate or Naturalization or a certificate of citizenship? Yes
39a. Certificate number? Entered the red number on the top right CRBA certificate?

many thanks
Old May 3rd 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by Ali_Z
Could someone please clarify if my answers are appropriate for the questions below.

Born in U.K.
US father UK mother
issued a CRBA at age of 6 months

37. Citizenship acquired through? Parents
38. Have you obtained a certificate or Naturalization or a certificate of citizenship? Yes
39a. Certificate number? Entered the red number on the top right CRBA certificate?

many thanks
I am assuming that CRBA is the Consular Record of Birth Abroad. I can’t say for certain, but I’m pretty sure that a CRBA is NOT what the question refers to. The Certificate of Citizenship is issued by USCIS (or INS before 2003) and looks like a certificate of Naturalization. (My mother had one).
Old May 4th 2020, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
I am assuming that CRBA is the Consular Record of Birth Abroad. I can’t say for certain, but I’m pretty sure that a CRBA is NOT what the question refers to. The Certificate of Citizenship is issued by USCIS (or INS before 2003) and looks like a certificate of Naturalization. (My mother had one).
Thank you!

So my answer would simply be parents and then NO to certificate of citizenship?

Do you know about filing the I-130s online? On the paper forms obviously you fill in blank answers as N/A, none or present. Online it doesn’t allow you to do this with dates etc. But if you go to the next step it then says you should provide an answer. I can provide the specific questions that it doesn’t allow if this is something you know about?

many thanks 😊