British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Getting started! I-130 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/getting-started-i-130-a-932471/)

S Folinsky Apr 30th 2020 10:41 pm

Re: Getting started! I-130

Originally Posted by os306 (Post 12846285)

With regards to the IR1 va CR1, I believe if you have been married for at least 2 years at the time that the visa itself is issued (i.e. at the end of the process), then your husband will be given an IR1. However, someone else can correct me if I’m wrong.31.

The date of admission controls whether the condition is imposed. So, if the IV is issued 23 months after marriage, but it is used three months later, admission will be as an IR-1 sans condition. That said, ports of entry have been know to make clerical error.

[On internet terminology, there is a practice of referring to the admission as “activating” the visa. I personally find this annoying because the visa is “active” upon issuance. It is active for one entry and thereafter is dead. If the new immigrant is going to flagpole, the second entry will be as a returning resident]

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12846515)
Was your income earned in the USA? If not, and it was earned in the UK, will it continue from the same source once inside the USA? If not, then it doesn't count on the I-864.

Yes.

Rene

No my income wasn't earned in the USA And it won’t continue once we move. Seeing as cannot use my income to meet the requirements and do not have quite enough to meet the x3 with assets or savings. My US father as a joint sponsor would then be my only option? If he does this are they likely to accept the visa as long as he meets the 125% poverty guideline?

My father is retired (US Airforce) his income comes from this would it be an issue? And what household size would his income need to meet the threshold for? 5? Him, his wife, my husband and the children?

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 9:23 am

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...bcbbafeb88.png

I’m not sure if anyone would know this answer to this as everyone probably got in before the London route closed. As I have to file in the US does anyone know what way would be the best? Filing online or with Dallas Lockbox?

os306 May 1st 2020 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12846658)
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...bcbbafeb88.png

I’m not sure if anyone would know this answer to this as everyone probably got in before the London route closed. As I have to file in the US does anyone know what way would be the best? Filing online or with Dallas Lockbox?

Based on what I've read on these forums, filing online seems to be more convenient.

You may also want to join the "I-130 filers Immigration Visa Group" on Facebook as the majority of people on there are going/have gone through the same process as you.

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 11:51 am

Originally Posted by os306 (Post 12846693)
Based on what I've read on these forums, filing online seems to be more convenient.

You may also want to join the "I-130 filers Immigration Visa Group" on Facebook as the majority of people on there are going/have gone through the same process as you.

Yeah I thought online will surely be quicker. I have joined that group thanks 😊

Rete May 1st 2020 12:50 pm

You do realize that you have to submit an I-130 for each of your children and your husband. All expenses for the visa will be tripled as you have 3 people who you are sponsoring for emigrating. This also means all supporting documentation must be in triplicate.

Noorah101 May 1st 2020 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12846645)
No my income wasn't earned in the USA And it won’t continue once we move. Seeing as cannot use my income to meet the requirements and do not have quite enough to meet the x3 with assets or savings. My US father as a joint sponsor would then be my only option? If he does this are they likely to accept the visa as long as he meets the 125% poverty guideline?

My father is retired (US Airforce) his income comes from this would it be an issue? And what household size would his income need to meet the threshold for? 5? Him, his wife, my husband and the children?

Yes, using your father as a joint sponsor would be the way to go. He will need to meet the income level for a household of 5. Retirement income and social security income is fine.

Rene

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12846747)
You do realize that you have to submit an I-130 for each of your children and your husband. All expenses for the visa will be tripled as you have 3 people who you are sponsoring for emigrating. This also means all supporting documentation must be in triplicate.

yes I’m aware I need to file an I-30 for each of them which is that fee for each as well as the send stage fee for each. What do you mean supporting documentation must be in triplicate?

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12846798)
Yes, using your father as a joint sponsor would be the way to go. He will need to meet the income level for a household of 5. Retirement income and social security income is fine.

Rene

thanks Rene so he would to have an income of $38,350 or more (if in 2020) and it wouldn’t matter that I don’t have a US income and assets that don’t add up to x3? Just seems crazy that I need to submit an affidavit when nothing I really have counts if I’m using my father. But then again a lot of the process seems crazy ;)

Noorah101 May 1st 2020 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12846833)
thanks Rene so he would to have an income of $38,350 or more (if in 2020) and it wouldn’t matter that I don’t have a US income and assets that don’t add up to x3? Just seems crazy that I need to submit an affidavit when nothing I really have counts if I’m using my father. But then again a lot of the process seems crazy ;)

Correct.

Rene

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12846854)
Correct.

Rene

Thanks so much for your help! You’ve answered a lot of my questions. I will get these things finished and applied for asap then!

Many thanks :thumb:

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12846798)

Rene

Sorry! One more question to this reply...

am I not included in the household size? So 6?

Noorah101 May 1st 2020 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12846884)

No, you aren't included bcz you're a USC and don't need to be sponsored.

Rene

Ali_Z May 1st 2020 6:58 pm

Lovely! Thank you :)

lizzyq May 1st 2020 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ali_Z (Post 12846884)

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12846914)
No, you aren't included bcz you're a USC and don't need to be sponsored.

Rene

Will the children become US citizens when they arrive with immigrant visa into the care of a US citizen parent? If so do they count for the household size or not?