Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting ready for Interview at US Embassy - London

Wikiposts

Getting ready for Interview at US Embassy - London

Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

cruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to all
Default Getting ready for Interview at US Embassy - London

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your assistance again!

We have finally gathered all the documents, had all the jabs, police certficates etc. So I sat down to complete the Applicant's statement sent to us after our I-130s were approved but am confused`. I seem to remember someone with the same query as me so apologies for making you repeat yourselves..my query is this:

The Applicants statement includes a sentance saying "At such time as it is possible for me to receive an appointment to make formal visa application, I intent to apply:
1 Alone
2 Together with my spouse
3 Together with my spouse and the following minor children"

It's not clear to me if they are asking who will actually come with us to the embassy for the Interview or if they are asking who else is included in the petition.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ali
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting ready for Interview at US Embassy - London

Originally Posted by cruickies

The Applicants statement includes a sentance saying "At such time as it is possible for me to receive an appointment to make formal visa application, I intent to apply:
1 Alone
2 Together with my spouse
3 Together with my spouse and the following minor children"

Thanks
Ali

Is the visa you are applying for when you go for the interview just for yourself, yourself and children, or yourself and a spouse?

The word "attend" is not in the sentence you quoted.

In other words, if there is an I-130 out there for your spouse and/or one for your children? If so, they will attempt to make the appointment all inclusive and will hold out on your appointment until of you are ready for the interview.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

cruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to allcruickies is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting ready for Interview at US Embassy - London

Thanks Rete, we filed I-130s for my husband and 2 kids. We have gathered all the info docs etc for all three of them. I thought I read somewhere that the kids don't need to attend the visa interview - is that right?