Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting ready to file I-751

Getting ready to file I-751

Old Jan 14th 2018, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting ready to file I-751

Hi everyone, so we are in the process of filing the I-751 but i have a few questions and want to just make sure that we aren't missing anything. First question is on the form it asks for USCIS Online account Number (if any), im not sure if i have ever had one of these (i started this process with a fiancee visa) where would i find this if i have had one before? Next thing is when it gives a list of examples of evidence for the relationship it mentions checking accounts with transaction history, can i do a summary with perhaps the total deposits of each person over the span of 2 years or does it need to be a detailed transaction history of every single item over the past 2 years? Next, here is a list of potential evidence we are thinking of filing, are we missing anything?
Title of the house
joint checking account and savings account
electric bills
Marriage article (we were featured in our local newspaper)
Termite renewal contract with both our names
Joint credit cards
affidavits from family friend and family member
Vet records with both our names as owners
Tax returns
Works life insurance that lists us as each others beneficiary
Photographs that we have taken over the span of 2 years
marriage certificate (not sure if we need to include this?)

Also, am i correct in thinking that the evidence we submit has to show dates that span over the past 2 years? If so, do i need to have something for every month or just a collection that shows our relationship roughly from marriage to present date.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and helping, hope it all makes sense!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond reputescottyvisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting ready to file I-751

Hi Laura,

I'm just about to file too! I don't have a online account number as I've filed everything in paper so far, so just leaving that field empty. I'm not including something from every month, just a wide sample, bank statements every six months, housing documents, travel itineraries etc. I think what you've listed is a good amount of evidence. There is nothing in the instructions about including marriage certificate, since they already know you are married!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
First question is on the form it asks for USCIS Online account Number (if any), im not sure if i have ever had one of these (i started this process with a fiancee visa) where would i find this if i have had one before?
I don't know, but it's fine to leave it blank or put "unknown".

Next thing is when it gives a list of examples of evidence for the relationship it mentions checking accounts with transaction history, can i do a summary with perhaps the total deposits of each person over the span of 2 years or does it need to be a detailed transaction history of every single item over the past 2 years?
Just the first page of the bank statement showing it's in both names. Include a few from each year, no need to include every month.

Marriage article (we were featured in our local newspaper)
affidavits from family friend and family member
Photographs that we have taken over the span of 2 years
marriage certificate (not sure if we need to include this?)
No need to include the 4 items above. They already know you're married so no need for the certificate or article. You have enough other paper evidence so you don't need the weaker forms of evidence such as affidavits and photos.

Also, am i correct in thinking that the evidence we submit has to show dates that span over the past 2 years?
Yes.

If so, do i need to have something for every month or just a collection that shows our relationship roughly from marriage to present date.
Just a collection.

Rene
Old Jan 14th 2018, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! Lets hope the process all goes smoothly!
Old Jan 14th 2018, 11:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General comment: the instructions list suggested documents, not required documents. It is a judgement call, but the normal I-751 has often not needed all that much in documentation. The idea is to allow the reviewing officer to jump to an immediate conclusion "they are married and living together." In fact, too much documentation can get in the way of that.

Second general comment: there are indications that more cases will be interviewed than in the past. Also, the current administration has indicated strong hostility to family based immigration and preference for "merit based" immigration.