Wikiposts

Getting married

Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting married

Originally Posted by andrea874
When I came to the US on a J1 they asked me at the border if I had a boyfriend... at that time I did not so I was good to go
I wonder what would have happened if you had said yes, I know that you have to have non immigrant intent when applying, but is that double checked at the POE?
Old Sep 25th 2005, 6:56 am
Retire to Italy

hello

What age are you ? You ned your head examined. I say to you and I say
again DO NOT associate with this person are you plain blone STUPID or
what!! You will have a life of misery if you shack up with a drunk (
pardon my use of this language). Pay need to the warnings expressed
herein. I have seen this in the court system and I tell you seldom do
these relationships work out. You will be made a fool of and robbed
and most likely end up in ruins.
Please have some common sense and dump this loser and associate with a
beter class of person. And please do not come sobbing back to me later
when you are up to your knees in a mess and pregnant.
the world is full of un-wise individuals but I would like to help you
now so please take my advice.

Julia

Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:45 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

FTR: a Gold Star RTI post!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
LOL....that doesn't sound like her, she's usually so positive and upbeat, and sure that all scenarios will be fruitful and that the immigrant will get to remain on this glorious soil.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 9:41 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
LOL....that doesn't sound like her, she's usually so positive and upbeat, and sure that all scenarios will be fruitful and that the immigrant will get to remain on this glorious soil.
Oh dear god... here we go again!

Ian
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:07 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yo, I'm with you on this: with a HEREIN count of only one, it's just gotta be a faker...
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I wonder what would have happened if you had said yes, I know that you have to have non immigrant intent when applying, but is that double checked at the POE?

Well, being young and as good looking as I am (ha ha), I've been asked almost every time that I crossed the border (well, BEFORE the AOS process that is) whether I had a boyfriend that I was going to visit, etc. I'm guessing its not terribly unusual for Canadians to cross and just stay in the US though (and probably think nothing of it)...
I have a feeling that if Iw ould have said I had a boyfriend when I crossed on my J1 they would have turned me around and sent me packing...
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

SNAP!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrea874
Well, being young and as good looking as I am (ha ha), I've been asked almost every time that I crossed the border (well, BEFORE the AOS process that is) whether I had a boyfriend that I was going to visit, etc. I'm guessing its not terribly unusual for Canadians to cross and just stay in the US though (and probably think nothing of it)...
I have a feeling that if Iw ould have said I had a boyfriend when I crossed on my J1 they would have turned me around and sent me packing...

Well that would at least explain why I was never asked if I had a girlfriend....
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:27 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fiorella
Hello everybody!! I really need help with this big issue for me. This coming december i am traveling to USA to work with a J1 visa for 1 year as an intern.
I participated in the J1 work and travel USA program 3 times in 3 different years, so this would be my 4th time that i travel there but this time with a different purpose (my internship)
The problem comes now because the first time that i traveled i met my boyfriend, he is an american citizen and last year he got arrested for driving under influence for a second time but in this time he got his license taken away for one year and he had to go to jail for 5 days. He came to peru after that and he didn´t work for almost one year while he was here with me.
This year he came to my country again making his third trip here in 3. After he left just in this last august he start feeling bad and one year and half later he had a car accident for the same reason: driving under influence, so he might have to go to jail for a longer time. I know what he is doing is not good but when i am with him he is a different person and i love him so much, i don´t really care, i just want him to do better with my help.
He is very sorry and we plan that when i travel to usa he is going to meet me and we are going to live together and start a new life, he would be working hard with two jobs and follow an alcoholic treatment and after 5 months we plan to get married and then ask for my residence.
My question is if after i marry him would i be able to get my american residence??? Or maybe it gets more difficult because he was on jail 3 times for the same reason, Does jail make things really bad???

I would really appreciate an anwser.
Hey there:
Just a question.. are you subject to the 2 year home requirement??

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Sep 25th 2005 at 4:34 pm.