Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Old Apr 7th 2019, 5:04 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
matthewhf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Hi, long time lurker here.

Moving to California with my USC spouse sometime at the end of the summer, currently in the process of filing for the visa with the US Embassy in London.

We received approval letter for I-130 petition dated April 4th, now just wondering how long it might take to get the LND/Case number in order to book the medical! From the timelines I see a lot of variation, some people only a few days and other over a month. Is there any formula to this or just random, or is it possible to retrieve this number by calling/emailing the embassy? 8 weeks seems like a long time to be waiting/not doing anything when I hear its taking around a month to get a medical appointment. I will be on holiday for most of the summer so just trying to plan everything early and get the medical/interview out of the way and I will need my passport for travelling.

Thanks!
matthewhf is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2019, 5:44 pm
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 57,628
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by matthewhf View Post
Hi, long time lurker here.
Hi and Welcome to BE!

We received approval letter for I-130 petition dated April 4th, now just wondering how long it might take to get the LND/Case number in order to book the medical! From the timelines I see a lot of variation, some people only a few days and other over a month. Is there any formula to this or just random
There's no formula. It's not really random, as NVC is supposed to process them in order, but of course there are a lot of variables to that...how much of staff is working on any given day, some cases take longer than others, etc. Just assume you'll be somewhere within that "few days to over a month" time frame.

... or is it possible to retrieve this number by calling/emailing the embassy?
Not the embassy, but NVC.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:00 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
matthewhf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Hi Rene, thanks for the reply!

We filed directly with the London Embassy (DCF?), so I think that the it is the IV unit at the embassy who is processing it, correct me if I am wrong.

Do you know if it is possible to contact them directly / how long to wait to contact them (if not the stated 8 weeks).

Thanks
matthewhf is offline  
Old Apr 7th 2019, 6:17 pm
  #4  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 57,628
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you are a DCF case. Then yes, it will be the IV unit at the embassy. The US Embassy London website should have a "contact us" page. That's the only way I know of to contact them.

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2019, 6:27 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 49
SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Hi, my husbands LND number came back in 6 days however my children’s approval letter was received on the 6th March and I’m still awaiting for their numbers to arrive. If you follow the instructions on the letter received you can submit an enquiry. However it does say around 5 weeks to receive. Hope this helps. Good luck with your journey. 😊
SaraB25 is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2019, 12:37 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
vanessa_3763 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by matthewhf View Post
Hi, long time lurker here.

Moving to California with my USC spouse sometime at the end of the summer, currently in the process of filing for the visa with the US Embassy in London.

We received approval letter for I-130 petition dated April 4th, now just wondering how long it might take to get the LND/Case number in order to book the medical! From the timelines I see a lot of variation, some people only a few days and other over a month. Is there any formula to this or just random, or is it possible to retrieve this number by calling/emailing the embassy? 8 weeks seems like a long time to be waiting/not doing anything when I hear its taking around a month to get a medical appointment. I will be on holiday for most of the summer so just trying to plan everything early and get the medical/interview out of the way and I will need my passport for travelling.

Thanks!
Hey!
I'm a USC with a UK husband, and in the same step of the process. Filed through the London embassy as well. We've been waiting 9 weeks for my husband's LND number, and haven't received it. We emailed the embassy, and they've told us it's been sent to NVC. Of course with DCF we bypass NVC so that doesn't make any sense ugh Just curious, have you guys received your LND number yet? We're getting so impatient. TIA!

vanessa_3763 is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2019, 1:25 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 49
SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Hi, No we haven’t I send an online message and stated 8 weeks which ours hasn’t been yet. We were at the US embassy yesterday and they gave me an email address but when I tried it, it came back in delivered so wasn’t much help. Have you tried calling the US embassy? Good luck and hope you get it sorted soon.
SaraB25 is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2019, 2:37 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
matthewhf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by vanessa_3763 View Post
Hey!
I'm a USC with a UK husband, and in the same step of the process. Filed through the London embassy as well. We've been waiting 9 weeks for my husband's LND number, and haven't received it. We emailed the embassy, and they've told us it's been sent to NVC. Of course with DCF we bypass NVC so that doesn't make any sense ugh Just curious, have you guys received your LND number yet? We're getting so impatient. TIA!
We have yet to receive our LND either, however it’s only been ~two weeks. Really doesn’t seem like there is much of a formula! It appears the entire immigration programme has slowed down under this administration (and is continuing to). At least we got ours in before they end DCF. I would second trying to call the embassy.

Best of luck!
matthewhf is offline  
Old Apr 17th 2019, 3:02 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 49
SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Yeah definitely no formula my husband did his a few months ago and he got his LND number back in days. Let’s hope we all get them quickly. Best of luck everyone
SaraB25 is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2019, 7:56 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
vanessa_3763 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Glad I'm not alone in the wait! I was worried it had been lost or something. This wait is so unnerving! 😩
vanessa_3763 is offline  
Old Apr 18th 2019, 11:49 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 19
hhrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

We got approval through London DCF dated 2nd April and still waiting for LND number. I would recommend looking at the other threads about getting the IRS documentation ready as we wait!
hhrk is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2019, 6:35 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 49
SaraB25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by vanessa_3763 View Post
Hey!
I'm a USC with a UK husband, and in the same step of the process. Filed through the London embassy as well. We've been waiting 9 weeks for my husband's LND number, and haven't received it. We emailed the embassy, and they've told us it's been sent to NVC. Of course with DCF we bypass NVC so that doesn't make any sense ugh Just curious, have you guys received your LND number yet? We're getting so impatient. TIA!
Hey! Just wondered did you get your number yet or have any joy calling them?
SaraB25 is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2019, 6:24 pm
  #13  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
vanessa_3763 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by SaraB25 View Post


Hey! Just wondered did you get your number yet or have any joy calling them?
Nope, unfortunately we're still waiting. I tried calling Friday, but they told me to call Tuesday because of the bank holiday. Going crazy with the wait. We were really hoping the DCF route would go quicker ☹
vanessa_3763 is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2019, 6:48 pm
  #14  
MODERATOR
 
Noorah101's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 57,628
Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by vanessa_3763 View Post
Nope, unfortunately we're still waiting. I tried calling Friday, but they told me to call Tuesday because of the bank holiday. Going crazy with the wait. We were really hoping the DCF route would go quicker ☹
The DCF process can take 6 to 8 months to complete, which is half the time when the I-130 is filed in the USA. So the DCF process IS far quicker!

Rene
Noorah101 is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2019, 9:16 pm
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 26
vanessa_3763 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting LND no./booking medical after NOA2

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
The DCF process can take 6 to 8 months to complete, which is half the time when the I-130 is filed in the USA. So the DCF process IS far quicker!

Rene
Yes, that's what I've been told. We started the process back at the beginning of November. So, I was hoping to at least have his LND number by now.
vanessa_3763 is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.