Reload this Page >

Getting ADIT photo in England

Wikiposts

Getting ADIT photo in England

Old May 20th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

gemmacat will become famous soon enough
Default Getting ADIT photo in England

did anyone have trouble getting an ADIT photo in England?
Old May 20th 2004, 2:08 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Getting ADIT photo in England

Originally posted by gemmacat
I went into my local post office, found there automated photo passport machine. Entered my £5 took a quick look at the guidlines:

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/a...spec.sized.jpg

Then turned my head and let it shoot away. You get 4 trys on this machine, and on the 2nd one I got it dead right.

James
Old May 20th 2004, 2:13 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a bit of a pain in the arse trying to get them in Wales, but I never tried in England. I was living in Wales at the time, and I didn't want to mess anything up by risking one of those booths and not getting the right thing, so I went to one of those photo shops where they took my picture. He told me to look at the camera, although I had to have a 3/4 face pic taken, so I looked sooooooooo shifty. He charged me 20 quid for the privelege, too. What a mug I am.

Kate. xxxx
Old May 20th 2004, 2:27 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mcjimbo
I went into my local post office, found there automated photo passport machine. Entered my £5 took a quick look at the guidlines:

Then turned my head and let it shoot away. You get 4 trys on this machine, and on the 2nd one I got it dead right.

James
Did just the same thing for my daughter. Having been through the drill at Kinko's in the US for myself I felt that I had a pretty fair idea of what was required.

You got to preview the shot before it was taken. All four photos met the requirements.
Old May 20th 2004, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mcjimbo

James
A friend of mine had trouble getting one for the K1... I figured it was a passport size, but hearing her problems, it got me nervous!

James, your interview is soon!!!! Good luck!
Old May 20th 2004, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Guess it depends where in the UK you are. On the US Embassy London website it tells you a few that do it (a couple in London).

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...localphoto.htm
Old May 20th 2004, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Great!! Snappy Snaps is in Oxford.
Thanks everyone!
Old May 20th 2004, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes!!! Just over a week ago in a seaside town, Yorkshire.
First stop KLICK - reply......"Sorry passport only". Asked if would do some 3/4 pose she said they would be the wrong size - and a previous customer had returned some recently because of this.

Second stop: local photography shop who does passport pics:
reply - "sorry, only standard passport pics"....sent us to a photo stall who does US size pics for visas...... it was closed but pics on show were slightly larger size full face poses only.

Third stop: another local photographer's studio.....he said he could not guarantee size if he used his usual passport camera. We said we could adjust them on computer.....this sent him into a paranoid frenzy:scared:.....I thought he was about to call the police.....said it is illegal and he could lose his "licence" if we did that.....and went on at length about rules and regulations, watermarks etc etc etc!!! Said we could make appointment for a proper sitting....around £30 ....we declined.:-(

After this we decided to take a chance on the self-service box in Tesco..... and adjusted our poses accordingly - you get two tries at it in the type of box they have here -the photos seemed fine to us, we mailed them together with a standard passport version of each of us. :-) :-) We don't yet know if they are accepted.

As someone once said elsewhere, this could be the most difficult thing in the whole process....note " could be" !!
Old May 20th 2004, 6:41 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
Did just the same thing for my daughter. Having been through the drill at Kinko's in the US for myself I felt that I had a pretty fair idea of what was required.

You got to preview the shot before it was taken. All four photos met the requirements.

I went to kinko's to get them done since my hubby had them done over there and they told me that they'didn't do it anymore.
I went to Walgreen's and bingo! got perfect ADIT pictures.. I looked terrible though :scared:
Old May 20th 2004, 10:35 pm
Tbm

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:51:17 +0000, gemmacat
<member23626@british_expats.com> wrote:

>did anyone have trouble getting an ADIT photo in England?

I took my daughters at home on my digital camera. Resized them in
photoshop and printed them out on inkjet photopaper.

We had our interview on 6th May and they were accepted without
problem.

TBM

Old May 21st 2004, 2:06 am
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I used an ordinary photo booth in Woolie's and had no problems.
Old May 21st 2004, 2:10 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Russ&Jayne
I used an ordinary photo booth in Woolie's and had no problems.
Woolie's! Hehehe! Haven't heard that nickname for yonks!!!

Kate. xxxx
Old May 21st 2004, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Woolie's! Hehehe! Haven't heard that nickname for yonks!!!

Kate. xxxx
I haven't heard "yonks" for yonks either lolol