Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

General question about petition for wife?

Wikiposts

General question about petition for wife?

Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:05 pm
David

Default General question about petition for wife?

I understand that a USC can petition for his non citizen wife, if living in
a foreign country from that country by filing certain forms at the US
embassy.

My questions -
Does the USC need to be residing in that country? if so for how long? and I
understand that the USC must have not been residing out of the US for too
long, how much is too long?

Old Dec 19th 2003, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: General question about petition for wife?

Whether you can file directly through the embassy without the USC being resident in that country depends on the embassy. Try searching here on DCF, or contacting the embassy themselves.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David
I understand that a USC can petition for his non citizen wife, if living ina foreign country from that country by filing certain forms at the USembassy.My questions -
Does the USC need to be residing in that country? if so for how long? and Iunderstand that the USC must have not been residing out of the US for tooong, how much is too long?
What Country are you talking about ???
Old Dec 19th 2003, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a link to Gary Bala's webpage..he has a list of of countries that will do DCF and those that won't. Also there is information abot the process. http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html

Originally posted by David
I understand that a USC can petition for his non citizen wife, if living in
a foreign country from that country by filing certain forms at the US
embassy.

My questions -
Does the USC need to be residing in that country? if so for how long? and I
understand that the USC must have not been residing out of the US for too
long, how much is too long?