Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

GarethB789's I-130 question

Wikiposts

GarethB789's I-130 question

Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:06 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough
Default GarethB789's I-130 question

We've had acknowledgement of reciept today but the email says its going to the national benefits centre in Missouri and our ref number starts with MSC. I've checked online and it doesnt list I-130 in the list of applications they process. Should we be concerned?

Ta
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GarethB789's I-130 question

Originally Posted by GarethB789
We've had acknowledgement of reciept today but the email says its going to the national benefits centre in Missouri and our ref number starts with MSC. I've checked online and it doesnt list I-130 in the list of applications they process. Should we be concerned?

Ta
Hi Gareth,

I moved your post out of the Timeline thread because it's a specific question.

I believe the I-130's first go to MSC, and then they get sent out to local USCIS offices for adjudication. No need to be concerned.

Rene
Old Apr 12th 2013, 3:13 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GarethB789's question

No. The NBC (formerly named MSC) does not adjudicate the I-130 petitions. It's more of a transfer facility between the lockbox and the local office where the I-130 will be adjudicated.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by GarethB789