G325A

Old Jan 29th 2001, 9:32 pm
News Group User

Hi,

I am applying for a greencard (through my wife who is a US citizen). As a part of the
process, I have to fill out the form G325A (Biographical information). In this form, I
need to fill out my residence for the past 5 years. The thing is that I have moved a lot
during the past 5 years and I dont really remember all my past addresses. How accurate
should I be when filling out this part of the form?

Please advice.

Thanks!

Old Jan 29th 2001, 9:58 pm
Ed MacNeil

Hi,

THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER. I DON'T EVEN PLAY
ONE ON TV!

The best way to handle this is to make every reasonable effort to obtain the addresses and
the dates of each move. If, at the end of this process, there is still some uncertainty on
your part, it would be wise to include a statement indicting the degree of uncertainty.

You are required by law to provide truthful answers to questions posed by INS officers
both verbally and in writing. There are severe penalties for doing otherwise. Indicating
your degree of uncertainty eliminates any chance (however slight) that INS will challenge
an answer made in good faith.

Cheer up! INS is only asking for five years. At one point when I was on active duty with
the Air Force I had to come up with every address where I had lived SINCE BIRTH to obtain
a security clearance.

Ed MacNeil Ancient Aviator North Hampton, NH, USA

News Group User wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am applying for a greencard (through my wife who is a US citizen). As a part of the
> process, I have to fill out the form G325A (Biographical information). In this form, I
> need to fill out my residence for the past 5 years. The thing is that I have moved a lot
> during the past 5 years and I dont really remember all my past addresses. How accurate
> should I be when filling out this part of the form?
>
> Please advice.
>
> Thanks!