Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A - what is the form submitted in connection to?

G-325A - what is the form submitted in connection to?

Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

buzwad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G-325A - what is the form submitted in connection to?

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
No it doesn't....go read it again....that's for AOS. You aren't performing AOS.

Perhaps you should read it again? The website quite clearly says:

If you are submitting a G-325A in connection with...

a) N-400 Citizenship, check "Naturalization"

b) I-485 Adjustment of status, check "Status as permanent resident"

c) Fiance visa, [check something]

d) Family based green card (me!!), alien spouse should check "Status as permanent resident"

Thanks to JEff for the insight... and to everyone else, seems it doesn't really matter that much... but always best to try and do things by the book!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzwad

a) N-400 Citizenship, check "Naturalization"

b) I-485 Adjustment of status, check "Status as permanent resident"

c) Fiance visa, [check something]

d) Family based green card (me!!), alien spouse should check "Status as permanent resident"

Thanks to JEff for the insight... and to everyone else, seems it doesn't really matter that much... but always best to try and do things by the book!
You are not applying for a family based green card; you are applying for an Immigrant Visa.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at the link, and you're right, that's what it says. However, the above item isn't really correct (what they wrote). You aren't applying for a family-based green card, you're applying for a family-based Immigrant Visa. So it's just badly worded on their part.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

You're both right... but it was my impression that they were referring to the filing of a I-130 (not sure if there are any other ways for USCs/USLPRs to bring alien relatives to the US).

Technically, the G-325A isn't about my application for an immigrant visa.... it's related to my spouse's petition for her alien relative (which, hopefully leads to an immigrant visa for me ).
Old Jan 20th 2010, 8:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

but it was my impression that they were referring to the filing of a I-130 (not sure if there are any other ways for USCs/USLPRs to bring alien relatives to the US).
Your impresssion is correct...they are referring to the filing of the I-130. But filing an I-130 leads to an Immigrant Visa, not a green card (as they make it seem).

Technically, the G-325A isn't about my application for an immigrant visa.... it's related to my spouse's petition for her alien relative (which, hopefully leads to an immigrant visa for me ).
Exactly.

Rene
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:11 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bw,

Note that that web site is not an authoritative source - it's opinion, as are all of the responses that you've been given here.

My opinion? Both petitioner and beneficiary are submitting the G-325A in support of the I-130 petition, for which the instructions say that both petioner and beneficiary must include an I-485 with the petition.

Regards, JEff

Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Quite right, JEff, it's all unofficial... I think I'm going to plump for Other/I-130 Petition for the missus' copy (USC) and Other/Immigrant Visa for mine.

My opinion? Both petitioner and beneficiary are submitting the G-325A in support of the I-130 petition, for which the instructions say that both petioner and beneficiary must include an I-485 with the petition.
Instructions? What instructions?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bw,

Why is your reason different from your wife's? Both of your G-325As are going with the same I-130 petition (which isn't an immigrant visa application). Just curious. (I understand Brennan's thought process, but Booth is a mystery.)

The instructions that come with the I-130.

Regards, JEff

Quite right, JEff, it's all unofficial... I think I'm going to plump for Other/I-130 Petition for the missus' copy (USC) and Other/Immigrant Visa for mine.

Instructions? What instructions?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you should read it again?

A bit rich to tell others they aren't reading things properly, when apparently you don't even know what you're applying for.

....which is why my first response in this thread was......

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
When we did it, we checked the 'other' box, and put 'I-130 Petition' on both.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Why is your reason different from your wife's? Both of your G-325As are going with the same I-130 petition (which isn't an immigrant visa application). Just curious. (I understand Brennan's thought process, but Booth is a mystery.)

The instructions that come with the I-130.
You've made a very valid point, JEff.... there shouldn't be a difference as we're both sending it in for the same reason... I've been converted! I-130 Petition on both!

Both petitioner and beneficiary are submitting the G-325A in support of the I-130 petition, for which the instructions say that both petioner and beneficiary must include an I-485 with the petition.
The instructions for the I-130 don't say that a I-485 has to be filed. Interestingly, the I-130 instructions do say : " Except for your name and signature you do not have to repeat on Form G-325A the information given on your Form I-130 petition. " http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

I think I'll repeat the info

Brit36, I read it just fine and do understand what I'm applying for... it's not my fault the website has got things a little mixed up.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:44 pm

bw,

You are quite right, they don't! I should have written 'G325A'

The fingers are quicker than the brain, and often don't listen to the brain anyway!

Regards, JEff

The instructions for the I-130 don't say that a I-485 has to be filed.
Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Brit36, I read it just fine and do understand what I'm applying for... it's not my fault the website has got things a little mixed up.
You might do at the time I type this, but you clearly didn't when you made the first comment above.

Anyway, as long as you understand now, that's all that matters, going forward.