Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A Question: Employer Information (Reposted)

Wikiposts

G-325A Question: Employer Information (Reposted)

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:27 am
Zed
Forum Regular

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A Question: Employer Information (Reposted)

I posted this earlier today and my news server must not have sent it. I'm now sending through BritishExpats. My apologies if this becomes a duplicate message.

I have one more question before I send off my K-1 application. On the form G-325A Biographic Information, they want an employmet history for the last 5 years. As I am the fiancé moving to the US, I wonder how far they'll actually look into my employment history. (Do they really care?)

Questions:

1) Do they want the corporate addresses of the companies for whom I worked, or the local addresses of the offices in which I worked? The corporate addresses are scattered across the country, yet they're the addresses found on my tax returns & pay stubs. Which do they want?

2) There is a 1-month period where I worked for a company that actually hired me for a longer contract about a year later. I worked for them for 1 month in 2000, then 12 months for them in 2002-03. But If I add this 1-month period (which would list the same employer twice), I'll have to add a continuation page, as it would give me 6 lines on a 5-line form.

Can I just leave it off and keep the G-325A simple (no continuation page) without having it come back to haunt me?

Thanks. Once I hear back I'll finally get this paperwork sent off.

Zed

PS - This group has been the most resourceful newsgroup I have ever come across. You're all life-savers. I'll be sure to share my experiences with future K1-ers looking for help.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:40 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: G-325A Question: Employer Information (Reposted)

Originally posted by Zed
Questions:

1) Do they want the corporate addresses of the companies for whom I worked, or the local addresses of the offices in which I worked? The corporate addresses are scattered across the country, yet they're the addresses found on my tax returns & pay stubs. Which do they want?

2) There is a 1-month period where I worked for a company that actually hired me for a longer contract about a year later. I worked for them for 1 month in 2000, then 12 months for them in 2002-03. But If I add this 1-month period (which would list the same employer twice), I'll have to add a continuation page, as it would give me 6 lines on a 5-line form.

Can I just leave it off and keep the G-325A simple (no continuation page) without having it come back to haunt me?

Zed

Answer to questions:
(1) List the local addresses and other details.
(2) I would leave out the one month period as you are listing the same company again, anyway.

This information is probably important in case the Consulate may want to do some background checks on you. I have always wondered if my interview was so easy and seemed almost routine as I worked at a American-based company, that employed a large number of Americans, for a period of almost 10 years until I left to come over to the US. All they had to do was call our DG to get background information on me....
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:05 am
Zed
Forum Regular

Zed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ranjini
Answer to questions:
(1) List the local addresses and other details.
(2) I would leave out the one month period as you are listing the same company again, anyway.

This information is probably important in case the Consulate may want to do some background checks on you. I have always wondered if my interview was so easy and seemed almost routine as I worked at a American-based company, that employed a large number of Americans, for a period of almost 10 years until I left to come over to the US. All they had to do was call our DG to get background information on me....
Ok, I'll list the local addresses.

Hey, while we're at it, I should mention that the 12-month contract company was actually a temp agency. They paid me from their corporate office, I reported my time to their local office, and I showed up for work at a separate company (where I was placed).

That company eventually hired me, and are listed at the top as my current employer. Should I still keep my 2 years at this same desk separate, as in 1 year employed by the temp agency & 1 year by this company directly?

Thanks again Ranjini.

Zed
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:29 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Zed
Ok, I'll list the local addresses.

Hey, while we're at it, I should mention that the 12-month contract company was actually a temp agency. They paid me from their corporate office, I reported my time to their local office, and I showed up for work at a separate company (where I was placed).

That company eventually hired me, and are listed at the top as my current employer. Should I still keep my 2 years at this same desk separate, as in 1 year employed by the temp agency & 1 year by this company directly?

Thanks again Ranjini.

Zed
Go ahead and list it Zed. It'll probably make you more comfortable. And that's the main thing. Don't have any qualms about using continuation sheets. You'll probably be using them for several years to come as you deal with the BCIS after you come over. Just say "see attachment" and type out in the same format with the same numbers and headings etc. (you could do a table using Word). May as well get your hand in from now
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Zed
I posted this earlier today and my news server must not have sent it. I'm now sending through BritishExpats. My apologies if this becomes a duplicate message.

I have one more question before I send off my K-1 application. On the form G-325A Biographic Information, they want an employmet history for the last 5 years. As I am the fiancé moving to the US, I wonder how far they'll actually look into my employment history. (Do they really care?)

Questions:

Thanks. Once I hear back I'll finally get this paperwork sent off.

Zed

PS - This group has been the most resourceful newsgroup I have ever come across. You're all life-savers. I'll be sure to share my experiences with future K1-ers looking for help.
Hi:

In my experience, you need not be all that complete on the G-325A form. I sometimes doubt if they even read it! However, all the information must be accurate -- I've never seen anybody penalized for missing or incomplete information. Note -- this statement applies to the G-325A form ONLY.

On the address --, take a hint from the small amount of space given -- You don't need to put in "Acme Corporation, 12345 Second Avenue, Unit X, Anytown, Ohio" -- instead put in "Acme Cor., Anytown OH" and you will be just fine.

There is no harm in being detail oriented, but the G-325A simply needs to have true, if not complete information on it.

I often wonder why they still have that form. Its been discontinued for N-400 purposes.