g-325a question

Old Aug 12th 2002, 4:25 am
Maximus

Default g-325a question

I have downloaded the PDF version of form g325a. I would like to know if an original
hand written , digitized signature is acceptable from my fiance.The signature is her
own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF forms. If so, she can sign
them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good deal of time. Has anyone
successfully used this method?

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

D.S.

Old Aug 12th 2002, 5:55 am

Default Re: g-325a question

Maximus wrote:
    > I have downloaded the PDF version of form g325a. I would like to know if an
    > original hand written , digitized signature is acceptable from my fiance.The
    > signature is her own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF forms.
    > If so, she can sign them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good deal of
    > time. Has anyone successfully used this method?

No. You need a real manual signature. After all, a digitalized copy of signature is
simply a file that can be copied anywhere.

Old Aug 12th 2002, 2:53 pm
Jonathan_atc

I would not take the risk. She should sign the original form and send it back to you
snail mail. While the business world seems ready for digital sigs, I doubt that INS
is going to appreciate them. ;o(

--
Jonathan_ATC

"Maximus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > signature is her own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF forms.
    > If so, she can sign them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good deal of
    > Thanks for your time and assistance.
    > Best regards,
    > D.S.

Old Aug 12th 2002, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

chanty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: g-325a question

Originally posted by Jonathan_atc:
I would not take the risk. She should sign the original form and send it back to you
snail mail. While the business world seems ready for digital sigs, I doubt that INS
is going to appreciate them. ;o(

--
Jonathan_ATC

"Maximus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for your time and assistance.
    > Best regards,
    > D.S.
Do you have to send all 4 copies of the form off even if you only use two. do you just send the two extra pages 3, and 4 blank?
Old Aug 12th 2002, 6:38 pm
mca
Forum Regular

mca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: Re: g-325a question

Originally posted by chanty:

Do you have to send all 4 copies of the form off even if you only use two. do you just send the two extra pages 3, and 4 blank?

You fill out all 4 pages and send in all 4 pages. If you're using the fillable PDFs this is very easy, since they are filled in automatically from the first page. However, you should check that the check boxes are marked on every page, because I noticed that sometimes they're not.
Old Aug 13th 2002, 2:58 am
Jonathan_atc

No, you must fill out all 4 pages identical. The online fillable ones fill out all
pages when you fill the first one. The paper forms from INS are 4 pages with carbon
paper between. One way or another, all for pages must be used.
--
Jonathan_ATC

"chanty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Jonathan_atc:
    > > I would not take the risk. She should sign the original form and send it back to
    > > you snail mail. While the business world seems ready for digital sigs, I doubt
    > > that INS is going to appreciate them. ;o(
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jonathan_ATC
    > >
    > > "Maximus" wrote in message news:[email protected]:3D5755B0.1060807 @ev1.net...
    > > > I have downloaded the PDF version of form g325a. I would like to know if an
    > > > original hand written , digitized signature is acceptable from my fiance.The
    > > > signature is her own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF
    > > > forms. If so, she can sign them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good
    > > > deal of time. Has anyone successfully used this method? Thanks for your time
    > > > and assistance. Best regards,
    > > > D.S.
    > >
    > Do you have to send all 4 copies of the form off even if you only use two. do you
    > just send the two extra pages 3, and 4 blank?
    > --
    > chanty
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 13th 2002, 3:30 am
Maximus

Thank you all for you help. I'll be sending by UPS or Fed Ex. Sure would have been
nice to take advantage of digital convenience.

Best Regards

DS

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
    > I would not take the risk. She should sign the original form and send it back to
    > you snail mail. While the business world seems ready for digital sigs, I doubt that
    > INS is going to appreciate them. ;o(
    > --
    > Jonathan_ATC
    > "Maximus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>I have downloaded the PDF version of form g325a. I would like to know if an
    >>original hand written , digitized signature is acceptable from my fiance.The
    >>signature is her own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF forms.
    >>If so, she can sign them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good deal of
    >>time. Has anyone successfully used this method?
    >>Thanks for your time and assistance.
    >>Best regards,
    >>D.S.

Old Aug 13th 2002, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Although all 4 pages look the same (and in effect they are)
but at the bottom of each one, I seem to remember that they are addressed to 4 different government departments.

Originally posted by Maximus:
Thank you all for you help. I'll be sending by UPS or Fed Ex. Sure would have been
nice to take advantage of digital convenience.

Best Regards

DS

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
    > I would not take the risk. She should sign the original form and send it back to
    > you snail mail. While the business world seems ready for digital sigs, I doubt that
    > INS is going to appreciate them. ;o(
    > --
    > Jonathan_ATC
    > "Maximus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>I have downloaded the PDF version of form g325a. I would like to know if an
    >>original hand written , digitized signature is acceptable from my fiance.The
    >>signature is her own that has been digitized in order to sign fillable PDF forms.
    >>If so, she can sign them and e-mail the file back to me, saving a good deal of
    >>time. Has anyone successfully used this method?
    >>Thanks for your time and assistance.
    >>Best regards,
    >>D.S.
Old Aug 13th 2002, 3:37 pm
L D Jones

rogerpenycate wrote:
    > Although all 4 pages look the same (and in effect they are) but at the bottom of
    > each one, I seem to remember that they are addressed to 4 different government
    > departments.

What's so strange about this is that my wife and I received only a single page
(copied, at that) for the G-325a when we did DCF in London last year. I never
questioned it and I know we didn't fill out the same form 4 times manually.

Old Aug 13th 2002, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I think they must have changed it, I read recently that the manual ones they send out now are 4 different coloured
sheets and are carbonated (if that's the right expression) ;o)

Originally posted by L D Jones:
rogerpenycate wrote:
    > Although all 4 pages look the same (and in effect they are) but at the bottom of
    > each one, I seem to remember that they are addressed to 4 different government
    > departments.

Old Aug 13th 2002, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Re: Re: g-325a question

ANOTHER QUESTION KIDS,

ON THE FORMS IT SAYS "FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF EMPLOYER. THIS MIGHT SOUND STUDIP ME ASKING THIS (WELL I KNOW IT IS)...BUT, DO THE ANT THE COMPANY NAME OR JUST THE EMPLOYER, BECAUSE THERE IS NOT MUCH SPACE ON THE FILLABLE FORMS, TO WRITE EMPLOYERS NAME AND CONPANY, PLUS THE FULL ADDRESS,
HOW DID YOU GUYS DO IT?
I KNOW ITS A CRAPPY QUSTION, BUT I HAVE JUST REALISED YOU CANNOT SAVE ON THE FILLABLE FORMS SO DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN.

THAAANKS GUYS, YOU ARE REALLY HELPING ME THROUGH THIS BIG TIME!!!

CHANTY
Originally posted by rogerpenycate:

I think they must have changed it, I read recently that the manual ones they send out now are 4 different coloured
sheets and are carbonated (if that's the right expression) ;o)

Old Aug 14th 2002, 12:44 am
Jonathan_atc

Use a typewriter. Make the spacing close together. Don't use all CAPS!

--
Jonathan_ATC

"chanty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > ANOTHER QUESTION KIDS,
    > ON THE FORMS IT SAYS "FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF EMPLOYER. THIS MIGHT SOUND STUDIP
    > ME ASKING THIS (WELL I KNOW IT IS)...BUT, DO THE ANT THE COMPANY NAME OR JUST THE
    > EMPLOYER, BECAUSE THERE IS NOT MUCH SPACE ON THE FILLABLE FORMS, TO WRITE EMPLOYERS
    > NAME AND CONPANY, PLUS THE FULL ADDRESS, HOW DID YOU GUYS DO IT? I KNOW ITS A
    > CRAPPY QUSTION, BUT I HAVE JUST REALISED YOU CANNOT SAVE ON THE FILLABLE FORMS SO
    > DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO START OVER AGAIN.
    > THAAANKS GUYS, YOU ARE REALLY HELPING ME THROUGH THIS BIG TIME!!!
    > CHANTY Originally posted by rogerpenycate:
    > > What's so strange about this is that my wife and I received only a single page
    > > (copied, at that) for the G-325a when we did DCF in London last year. I never
    > > questioned it and I know we didn't fill out the same form 4 times manually.
    > >
    > >
    > > I think they must have changed it, I read recently that the manual ones they send
    > > out now are 4 different coloured sheets and are carbonated (if that's the right
    > > expression) ;o)
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > What's so strange about this is that my wife and I received only a single page
    > --
    > chanty
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 14th 2002, 4:34 am
Rick

mca <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by chanty:
    > >
    > >
    > > Do you have to send all 4 copies of the form off even if you only use two. do
    > > you just send the two extra pages 3, and 4 blank?
    > You fill out all 4 pages and send in all 4 pages. If you're using the fillable PDFs
    > this is very easy, since they are filled in automatically from the first page.
    > However, you should check that the check boxes are marked on every page, because I
    > noticed that sometimes they're not.

Where there is insufficient room, I suggest you don't type the answer but print the
form off and complete that question by hand in ink. Just be sure to do the same on
all four pages. The other pages are used to request info from 'other agencies'.

Rick

Old Aug 14th 2002, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

guys, you supa amazing, who needs immigraton lawyers ay!

I have one more question and it will be my last I promise (well for know) on this form, it asks yo to gve your alien registration number? I don't think I have one-do I ??(I am a british chic)
Originally posted by Rick:
mca <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by chanty:
    > >
    > >
    > > Do you have to send all 4 copies of the form off even if you only use two. do
    > > you just send the two extra pages 3, and 4 blank?
    > You fill out all 4 pages and send in all 4 pages. If you're using the fillable PDFs
    > this is very easy, since they are filled in automatically from the first page.
    > However, you should check that the check boxes are marked on every page, because I
    > noticed that sometimes they're not.

Where there is insufficient room, I suggest you don't type the answer but print the
form off and complete that question by hand in ink. Just be sure to do the same on
all four pages. The other pages are used to request info from 'other agencies'.

Rick
Old Aug 14th 2002, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Britsh Chic,
You won't be issued an A number (Alien number) until you have been for your interview and recieved your visa, it will be on that.
Just leave it blank.
British (English) Geezer

Originally posted by chanty:
guys, you supa amazing, who needs immigraton lawyers ay!

I have one more question and it will be my last I promise (well for know) on this form, it asks yo to gve your alien registration number? I don't think I have one-do I ??(I am a british chic)