Wikiposts

G-325A problem

Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all
Unhappy G-325A problem

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for a fiance visa to move myself from Wales (where I've lived my whole life) to Arizona later this year.

We both have everything we need for her to send the application in the next couple of weeks, but I'm stuck with the Biographic Information form.

In the question about residency over the last 5 years I'm not sure what to put. Since June of 2009 I've been living at my mother's house and working in my home town, but for 6 months - January to June of 2010 - I lived and worked in Cardiff. The trouble is I moved into the flat of a partner at the time but was never officially on the lease.

We ended up breaking up and I moved back to my mother's house in June 2010 and have lived there and worked in my hometown again ever since.

What do I put on the form? Should I put that six month address down and hope I don't get in trouble? Or should I leave it off as my actual address was still officially my mother's house? Will they even look into it?

We're both really eager to get things moving but I've gotten very stressed over this. I certainly don't want to get myself or the ex-partner I lived with in trouble, especially as it could make me inadmissible to the US.

I'm really worried about this. Does anyone have any advice? Am I over-thinking it? No one seems to think they will look into my residences in that much depth.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:41 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325A problem

Hi, welcome to BE

Originally Posted by breakerfall
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for a fiance visa to move myself from Wales (where I've lived my whole life) to Arizona later this year.

We both have everything we need for her to send the application in the next couple of weeks, but I'm stuck with the Biographic Information form.

In the question about residency over the last 5 years I'm not sure what to put. Since June of 2009 I've been living at my mother's house and working in my home town, but for 6 months - January to June of 2010 - I lived and worked in Cardiff. The trouble is I moved into the flat of a partner at the time but was never officially on the lease.

We ended up breaking up and I moved back to my mother's house in June 2010 and have lived there and worked in my hometown again ever since.

What do I put on the form? Should I put that six month address down and hope I don't get in trouble? Or should I leave it off as my actual address was still officially my mother's house?
You put the truth. That you lived at your mum's address, then your partners, then back at your mum's.

Will they even look into it?
Probably not.

We're both really eager to get things moving but I've gotten very stressed over this. I certainly don't want to get myself or the ex-partner I lived with in trouble, especially as it could make me inadmissible to the US.
Why on earth would you think this?

I'm really worried about this. Does anyone have any advice? Am I over-thinking it? No one seems to think they will look into my residences in that much depth.
Stop worrying! You're definitely over-thinking this! Just take each question at face value and you'll be fine!
Old Mar 6th 2014, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all

Hi BunnyGirl, thanks for the reply.

My thinking was that because it was only her flat, and only her name on the lease hence her only paying single-occupancy council tax, we'd both get in trouble for me having lived there for six months.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:01 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BunnyGirl, thanks for the reply.

My thinking was that because it was only her flat, and only her name on the lease hence her only paying single-occupancy council tax, we'd both get in trouble for me having lived there for six months.
I'm pretty sure US immigration isn't worried about UK council tax payments

You'll be fine
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

Haha, when you put it like that it does sound ridiculous.

Is the residential information basically a way to establish that I have been in the UK for at least the last five years?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:17 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I was assuming it was just a way to make sure you file the police reports from all the countries you need to. I can't think of anything else in the regular process they would use it for, except making sure you are not someone else with your same name (in case you have previously lived in the US and they want to check your criminal history, for example).
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:19 am
Hoppity hop...

Is the residential information basically a way to establish that I have been in the UK for at least the last five years?
To be honest, I'm not sure what it's there for - it's an old form that's used for a lot of different purposes (not just the K1).

Just to point out that you'll need 10 years of address history for your ACRO report later in the process. And again, you MUST be honest.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The G-325A is a very old form which isn't really scrutinized by USCIS. Perhaps the answers on it had more of an impact back when the form first came out, but nowadays it's one of those forms that probably doesn't even need to be required anymore, but no one changed the requirement list yet.

Rene
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the replies. A ten year address history should be okay, that was the only one that was worrying me. I'm guessing it won't matter that I didn't have space for postcodes on the addresses I put in either?

This was really helpful, I can tell I'll be around these forums a lot more in the next few months.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:26 am
Hoppity hop...

Thanks everyone for the replies. A ten year address history should be okay, that was the only one that was worrying me. I'm guessing it won't matter that I didn't have space for postcodes on the addresses I put in either?
Nope, there isn't even a box for zip code on the form.

This was really helpful, I can tell I'll be around these forums a lot more in the next few months.
Keep asking questions, everyone here is really helpful
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Just to clarify, in the 'submitted in connection with an application for' box, it is the I-129F, right?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:50 am
Hoppity hop...

Thanks. Just to clarify, in the 'submitted in connection with an application for' box, it is the I-129F, right?
Yep
Old Mar 6th 2014, 8:10 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently in the process of applying for a fiance visa...
We both have everything we need for her to send the application in the next couple of weeks...
Just to clarify, these two statements are contradictory. You aren't yet in the process of applying for a fiancé visa... because your fiancée has not yet submitted the I-129F petition.

I'm stuck with the Biographic Information form.
The stress and anxiety caused by the G-325A is inversely proportional to its importance. It's a legacy form left over from the former INS... and the requirement to drop it as part of a package should have been acted on many years ago - but it wasn't. So it remains!

In the question about residency over the last 5 years I'm not sure what to put.
Here's my 3 rules for filling out forms. If you follow them, you'll be fine. If you ignore any of them, you'll end up stressed and confused... a bit like you are now!

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe meaning to the question beyond what is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.

The trouble is I moved into the flat of a partner at the time but was never officially on the lease.
So what? Is there a question that asks if you're on a lease?

Ian
Old Mar 6th 2014, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just to clarify, these two statements are contradictory. You aren't yet in the process of applying for a fiancé visa... because your fiancée has not yet submitted the I-129F petition.
Sorry, yeah. I just meant we’ve got our checklist of stuff we need to actually send to get things started.

Here's my 3 rules for filling out forms. If you follow them, you'll be fine. If you ignore any of them, you'll end up stressed and confused... a bit like you are now!

1) Take each question at face value;
2) Do not ascribe meaning to the question beyond what is plainly written; and
3) Do not try to alter the question to fit your circumstances.
This is really good, thanks, especially number 2.

So what? Is there a question that asks if you're on a lease?

Ian
I was worried they would use the information to look further into my previous living arrangement, but from what I can see here that doesn’t look likely.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 11:01 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried they would use the information to look further into my previous living arrangement, but from what I can see here that doesn’t look likely.
My husband lived for a while with a school friend under the same circumstances. Incidentally, we didn't put the exact address on his form, just the city (for example, Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK). Not a single word was ever said about that or anything else about our I-130 packet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.