Reload this Page >

G-325A - a little confused

Wikiposts

G-325A - a little confused

Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Mike D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A - a little confused

Okay, just printed of the G325A forms of the USCIS website. I have four forms, all identical except 3 of these (at the bottom of the page) have 1 box entitled "(Other Agency Use), 1 box entitled "INS USE" and then there is a long box which runs across both of these.

Also on every sheet, it says "Please submit all four pages of this form" - wat does that mean. I'm confused!!

Which form do I fill out and which form does my fiance fill out?

Any help would be very greatful.

Michael
Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:16 pm
L D Jones

Default Re: G-325A - a little confused

Mike D wrote:
    >
    > Okay, just printed of the G325A forms of the USCIS website. I have four
    > forms, all identical except 3 of these (at the bottom of the page) have
    > 1 box entitled "(Other Agency Use), 1 box entitled "INS USE" and then
    > there is a long box which runs across both of these.
    >
    > Also on every sheet, it says "Please submit all four pages of this form"
    > - wat does that mean. I'm confused!!

It means submit all 4 pages

> Which form do I fill out and which form does my fiance fill out?
    >
    > Any help would be very greatful.

You each submit a G325a (4 pages). I can't recall what the form looks
like but I would not write in any of the 'agency use' blocks

Old Dec 17th 2003, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mike D
Okay, just printed of the G325A forms of the USCIS website. I have four forms, all identical except 3 of these (at the bottom of the page) have 1 box entitled "(Other Agency Use), 1 box entitled "INS USE" and then there is a long box which runs across both of these.

Also on every sheet, it says "Please submit all four pages of this form" - wat does that mean. I'm confused!!

Michael
If you've got Adobe Acrobat Reader (which you probably do in order to print the forms off), open up the files in Acrobat Reader and type in your answers. They are fillable forms. As you fill in info on one page, it will automatically fill in the same info on the other 3 pages. LD is correct. You must fill out the same info on 4 diff pages and submit one set per person. The info goes to 4 diff offices I think, that's why 4 pages of hte same info.

Jamie
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:26 pm
Miranda McGill

Mike D wrote:
    > Okay, just printed of the G325A forms of the USCIS website. I have four
    > forms, all identical except 3 of these (at the bottom of the page) have
    > 1 box entitled "(Other Agency Use), 1 box entitled "INS USE" and then
    > there is a long box which runs across both of these.

Don't fill in any boxes labelled "for official use only"

> Also on every sheet, it says "Please submit all four pages of this form"
    > - wat does that mean. I'm confused!!

You have to submit all four pages. Download the "fill-in" PDF document
from the BCIS web site -- when you fill in the first page it
automatically fills in the other three pages for you:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/f...les/g-325a.pdf
Once you've filled it in, *then* print it out. It'll save you a load of
time.

> Which form do I fill out and which form does my fiance fill out?

You both fill them out.

--Miranda
(who just found out that her K1 visa petition has been approved! --
interview at the US Embassy in London next...)

Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Michael

The easy way to look at this is that if you order the forms from the USCIS through the mail each G-325A is one sheet with three additional carbon copies (pink, yellow, and green pages I think). So technically you would only fill out the top white page and they would get four copies because of the carbon sheets ( in reality you can only fill out two sheets at a time or the writing on the last sheet is too light to read). As said before you each have to fill one of these out. If you have a little time before you plan on filing I would just order the forms, they only take about a week or so to arrive. You can order original I-129f/I-130's too. Then they have the proper hole punches that make it easier to assemble and they are two sided. That way you know you're submitting exactly what they want the way they want it.

As far as the G-325A being a fillable PDF, there is hardly enough room to get former addresses and jobs on it. I couldn't even fit the name of my city on the fillable form. I used fillable forms for other parts like the I-129f and then later the I-134 but for the G-325A I found it to be too annoying and I didn't want to combine hand written and printed information on the form, but that's just me.

Best of luck with submitting your petition. If you have any other questions along the way make sure to post them, this forum is great for helping to eliminate small mistakes.

MarDae

PS Beware the N/A and None if you know what I'm talking about great, if not do a search it's been discussed before or just ask again. You'll get an instance respons I'm sure
Old Dec 18th 2003, 5:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You each fill out four copies of the same exact thing. Stupid but true.

Leslie

Michael
Old Dec 18th 2003, 6:50 am
L D Jones

Leslie66 wrote:
    >
    > You each fill out four copies of the same exact thing. Stupid but true.

Though I have never been able to find out why, when I did DCF in the UK
we only received a single sheet G325a for each of us. We sent them in
and the subject never came up. I don't remember realising at the time
that the form had 4 pages

Old Dec 18th 2003, 7:20 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I actually think the it is not necessary to fill them all out anymore. Whatever reason there was originally for needing it in quadruplicate has been phased out. However they have not updated this antiquated form, and those of us "anal retentive" types who are afraid of an RFE continue to fill all 4 pages out.

Originally posted by L D Jones
Leslie66 wrote:
    >

Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:11 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

LD,

Folinskyinla did a post on the history of the 4-part G-325A earlier today (18 Dec) in another thread. Quite interesting, you might want to search for it.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by L D Jones
Leslie66 wrote:
    >