Wikiposts

G-325a form questions

Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325a form questions

Originally Posted by rob2002
What if im not presently employed though? I have been a student a lot in those 5 years as well as employed.
Could I send off an updated G-325a when that situation changes too?
If you are the beneficiary, your employment only matters if you are a rocket scientist or chemical engineer.
OK, maybe I exaggerate, but you are overthinking this.

You will get a chance for a new G-325a with your AOS application after you're married.
Also, my husband was never employed for any of his forms. It is not a requirement.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

rob2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
If you are the beneficiary, your employment only matters if you are a rocket scientist or chemical engineer.
OK, maybe I exaggerate, but you are overthinking this.

You will get a chance for a new G-325a with your AOS application after you're married.
Also, my husband was never employed for any of his forms. It is not a requirement.
Does current employment status matter for the Petitioner on G-325a? she is studying for a Degree at the moment but looking for work also. I know it matters for the I-134 support form.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Does current employment status matter for the Petitioner on G-325a? she is studying for a Degree at the moment but looking for work also. I know it matters for the I-134 support form.
Nope, I was also unemployed (petitioner).
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nope, I was also unemployed (petitioner).
Thanks for clearing that up I take it you were employed when you sent off form i-134 to the beneficiary meauxna.

So we both put unemployed during the dates to present? because it asks
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:34 pm

Thanks for clearing that up I take it you were employed when you sent off form i-134 to the beneficiary meauxna.

So we both put unemployed during the dates to present? because it asks
Actually (shhh), I was unemployed when I petitioned, AND when I completed the affidavit of support!

There are two schools of thought to what you are asking. Some people think it doesn't matter if you have dates unaccounted for and some people think it's vitally important to account for all dates over the past 5 years.
It's sounding like you fall into that second category, which is OK! You can dicide for yourself, because there are no adverse consequences on this one whichever you choose.

I didn't have the newsgroup available to me when I did this, and I think I entered 'unemployed'. I might have been faffing around and put 'interim retirement'.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:14 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

r,

Re-read S Folinsky's post.

Your visa application forms will ask again about your employment, that's when someone might pay some attention to how you answer.

Regards, JEff

What if im not presently employed though? I have been a student a lot in those 5 years as well as employed.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 2:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No, you won't be able to send an updated G-325A, and there wont' be any need to. I suppose you can put "unemployed" from and to present on the first line. Then list past employment below that. As S Folinsky says, that particular form isn't given much attention anyway...don't stress over it.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Where it asks for employment details I should put unemployed rather than student shouldn’t i. As I was a student within those past 5 years as addition to working and being unemployed.
Personally, I think "student" looks better than "unemployed." No advice given nor intended.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Personally, I think "student" looks better than "unemployed." No advice given nor intended.
Yes I agree student “looks” better on the form to fill the gaps, but I know its only biographical information not a resume.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 4:59 am

G-325 is a vestigial form. Many doubt that CIS even reads the damn thing.
If no one reads it, does it matter how it looks?

FWIW, I agree that 'student' sounds better than 'unemployed' if one was a student during that time.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:18 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, I agree that 'student' sounds better than 'unemployed' if one was a student during that time.
Personally, I don't think a person attending school would be classified as "unemployed." An acronym from my youth before personal computers and when phones were both wired and stupid -- BFD. This post is definitely not advice, still -- no advice given nor intended!