Wikiposts

G-325a form questions

Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

rob2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325a form questions

Few questions about the G-325a form, could someone give me a bit of advice to clear some points up please.

Applicants last address outside of the US of more than one year -

I have only lived at one address for the past 20 years, so this is my current address. What date should I use as the To date where it asks “From and To”? The current month?
Ie
Address Dec 1986 - Mar 2010

And

The heavy bordered outline box at the bottom, where it asks for my name and alien registration number. Should I fill this in and if so, do I need to type this or print it? I obviously don’t have a alien registration number yet.

Thank you
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325a form questions

Originally Posted by rob2002
What date should I use as the To date where it asks “From and To”? The current month?
Write "present".

The heavy bordered outline box at the bottom, where it asks for my name and alien registration number. Should I fill this in and if so, do I need to type this or print it? I obviously don’t have a alien registration number yet.
Yes, you should fill that in. If your other half needs to do a G-325A also, she will fill her own information in that box on her G-325A. (not sure what visa you're asking about, so thought I'd throw that in there.)

You can either type your name or print it, either one. Just make sure it has an original signature along with it. If you are using a 4-page G-325A (old version) make sure each page has an original signature on it.

And you are correct, you don't have an A-number yet if you are still in the visa process.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Rene, though it’s the new form and it doesn’t allow me to type “present” in the last address of more than one year question, just dates.

My other half doesn’t have a alien reg number either of cause being a US citizen. So we’ll just put none or N/A for the number

This is for the K1 / 129f petition.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene, though it’s the new form and it doesn’t allow me to type “present” in the last address of more than one year question, just dates.
Then leave the date on that one blank, and after it prints out, use a pen to write "present" in that space.

My other half doesn’t have a alien reg number either of cause being a US citizen. So we’ll just put none or N/A for the number
You should put "none", since the question is potentially applicable, but you guys just don't have one.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

My US citizen husband has an Alien reg number.
So does my US citizen mother. I didn't get one though.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
My US citizen husband has an Alien reg number.
Mine too!!

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Where it asks for employment details I should put unemployed rather than student shouldn’t i. As I was a student within those past 5 years as addition to working and being unemployed.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:46 am

Where it asks for employment details I should put unemployed rather than student shouldn’t i. As I was a student within those past 5 years as addition to working and being unemployed.
If you were unemployed, you probably don't have to write that in. It's only asking for employment details. Just write the times you were employed, not unemployed.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

wont they want to know about missing details for dates during periods of unemployment though?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:57 am

wont they want to know about missing details for dates during periods of unemployment though?
If they want to know, they'll ask you at the interview.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:42 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

r,

Maybe, but probably not. This isn't an employment application, where periods of unemployment could indicate what kind of employee you are.

A good general rule is to answer the question that is asked, don't volunteer information that is not asked for. As Rene points out, this question asks about your employment and does not ask you to include periods of unemployment. Periods of unemployment will be clear anyway, won't they, when the start of one job is shown as some time after the end of the previous job.

All that said, post high school many people go to work while others continue on as students. If I had periods where I was not working in the past 5 years because I was attending college or university as a full-time student, I would list that. (Another good general rule is that there's often no single 'right' or 'wrong' way.)

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Mar 4th 2010 at 9:01 am.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Few questions about the G-325a form, could someone give me a bit of advice to clear some points up please.
G-325 is a vestigial form. Many doubt that CIS even reads the damn thing. It seems that as long as there are no outright misrepresentations on the form, it does not appear to be the form to lose sleep over. No advice intended nor given.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

r,

It's not at all obvious. Although you haven't mentioned anything in your past that would have gotten you an 'A#', many people fail to mention significant things about their situation.

Good rule of thumb - don't expect that anything is 'obvious'. Immigration folks don't know you from a hole in the ground, the only things they know about you - initially anyway - are what you tell them. Don't leave them to make assumptions on their own, they may assume things that are not in your favor.

Regards, JEff

I obviously don’t have a alien registration number yet.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

No... they don't care. Don't try to alter the question to fit your circumstances... take each question at face value. This question deals with employment details - give employment details... and only employment details.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

What if im not presently employed though? I have been a student a lot in those 5 years as well as employed.
Could I send off an updated G-325a when that situation changes too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.