Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

Old May 21st 2012, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

pbrnmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

I am UCS and submitting all of the paperwork together - both hers and mine for AOS wife from F-1 (current visa here in US expires Aug 9, 2012).

We've filled out I-325A's for each of us...if anyone has done this and can tell me if this is correct (i.e., BOTH of us submitting I-325A's), that would be nice to hear.

At the bottom of the 325A there is a bold outlined box that states:"Applicant: Print Your Name and Alien Registration Number in the Box Outlined by heavy Border Below"......Maybe stupid question: On MY 325A, I should have my wife print her name in this box?

Also, since this is an AOS from F-1, she does not have an Alien Registration Number yet that I am aware of. When is an alien registration number issued, if applicable?

Any comments appreciated.

Patrick
Old May 21st 2012, 5:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

Originally Posted by pbrnmd
We've filled out I-325A's for each of us...if anyone has done this and can tell me if this is correct (i.e., BOTH of us submitting I-325A's), that would be nice to hear.
You mean G-325A. I'm correcting your thread title, as well.

At the bottom of the 325A there is a bold outlined box that states:"Applicant: Print Your Name and Alien Registration Number in the Box Outlined by heavy Border Below"......Maybe stupid question: On MY 325A, I should have my wife print her name in this box?
On your G-325A, you put your own name and info in that box. On your wife's G-325A, she puts her own name and info in that box.

Also, since this is an AOS from F-1, she does not have an Alien Registration Number yet that I am aware of. When is an alien registration number issued, if applicable?
The USC typically does not have an alien registration number, unless they are a naturalized USC. If the USC spouse does not have one, put "none".

Rene
Old May 21st 2012, 5:22 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

In this situation, when the I-130 is submitted. It may be shown on the Receipt Notice for the I-130.

Regards, JEff

Old May 21st 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You mean G-325A. I'm correcting your thread title, as well.

On your G-325A, you put your own name and info in that box. On your wife's G-325A, she puts her own name and info in that box.

The USC typically does not have an alien registration number, unless they are a naturalized USC. If the USC spouse does not have one, put "none".

Rene

RENE: Thank you so much for the info! (AND the editing, lol)

JEFF: Thanks; we're submitting all including the 130/131 together
Old May 21st 2012, 5:38 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I know. I was just answering the question that you asked, "When is an alien registration number issued, if applicable?"

Regards, JEff

we're submitting all including the 130/131 together
Old May 21st 2012, 5:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

we're submitting all including the 130/131 together
The I-131 is an optional application, just so you know. As is the I-765.

The ones you REALLY need to include the I-130, I-485, and I-864.

Rene
Old May 21st 2012, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

The I-131 is an optional application, just so you know. As is the I-765.

The ones you REALLY need to include the I-130, I-485, and I-864.

Rene
Thanks Rene!

My fiancee might want to work so I think the 765 is applicable (?) and she's already completed her I-130 so I don't know if it would be a help or hindrance to the process to just include it in the package. The forms (not including all our supporting documents) I/we have completed are:

I-130 petition for alien relative
I-485 application for adjustment of status
I-765 employment authorization document
I-131 advance parole travel document
G-325A biographical information
I-864 affidavit of support
Old May 21st 2012, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Yes, I know. I was just answering the question that you asked, "When is an alien registration number issued, if applicable?"

Regards, JEff
Thanks Jeff
Old May 21st 2012, 5:49 pm

I do hope you mean I-131, not I-130.

And you will be getting married before submitting this package? (I haven't gone back to re-read your earlier posts.)

Regards, JEff

My fiancee might want to work so I think the 765 is applicable (?) and she's already completed her I-130 so I don't know if it would be a help or hindrance to the process to just include it in the package.
Old May 21st 2012, 5:50 pm

My fiancee might want to work so I think the 765 is applicable (?) and she's already completed her I-130 so I don't know if it would be a help or hindrance to the process to just include it in the package.
Your post is confusing. Which one of you is the USC? By saying "my fiancee might want to work", it sounds like your fiancee is the immigrant. But then you say "her I-130", which makes it sound like she's the USC. (The USC completes the I-130).

Also, you refer to her as your fiancee, so I take it you are not married yet? You must be married in order to file AOS.

On re-reading your first post, you did clarify that you're the USC. So it's "my I-130", from your perspective, not "her I-130".

Rene
Old May 21st 2012, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Your post is confusing. Which one of you is the USC? By saying "my fiancee might want to work", it sounds like your fiancee is the immigrant. But then you say "her I-130", which makes it sound like she's the USC. (The USC completes the I-130).

Also, you refer to her as your fiancee, so I take it you are not married yet? You must be married in order to file AOS.

On re-reading your first post, you did clarify that you're the USC. So it's "my I-130", from your perspective, not "her I-130".

Rene
Yes, my apologies for the confusion; we are getting the license today and married May 25 at the Courthouse. The marriage certificates should be ready same day so we will FedEX or UPS the packet that day, after we're married.

And thanks; I filled the I-130 but mix the numbers up a bit on recall.
Old May 21st 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Thanks Rene!

My fiancee might want to work so I think the 765 is applicable (?) and she's already completed her I-130 so I don't know if it would be a help or hindrance to the process to just include it in the package. The forms (not including all our supporting documents) I/we have completed are:

I-130 petition for alien relative
I-485 application for adjustment of status
I-765 employment authorization document
I-131 advance parole travel document
G-325A biographical information
I-864 affidavit of support
Don't forget that you will need Form I-693 (completed by a USCIS approved Civil Surgeon) & three completed Form G-325A (one for the USC & two for the non-USC).
Old May 21st 2012, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Leyther...I forgot about the I-693 and it's done, sealed envelope and in the ever growing "supporting documents" bin.

With the G-325A...thanks, I might have neglected that. One for me (USC) and two for my non-USC wife. Offhand, multiples of any of the other forms?

Thanks, Pat
Old May 21st 2012, 7:00 pm

With the G-325A...thanks, I might have neglected that. One for me (USC) and two for my non-USC wife. Offhand, multiples of any of the other forms?
Read the instructions for the I-130, and include all required forms with that package. Then read the instructions for the I-485, and include all required forms with that package. Some required forms (or backup evidence) might be duplicated.

Rene
Old May 21st 2012, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Thanks Leyther...I forgot about the I-693 and it's done, sealed envelope and in the ever growing "supporting documents" bin.

Thanks, Pat
I sent my AOS package off at the end of February and so my memory of its contents is still pretty fresh and I have a copy of the entire package sitting on my desk if you want me to go over it, but off hand, and I don't recall any other duplicate Forms or repeat evidence/documentation.

There are of course multiple passport photos required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.