Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

Old May 22nd 2012, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

pbrnmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G-325A for AOS (F-1 to spouse)...simple? (?)

Feel free to share!

Ian[/QUOTE]

That was Ron I was referring to.

As you'll recall, Ron used to sleep all the time.
Old May 23rd 2012, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leyther
I sent my AOS package off at the end of February and so my memory of its contents is still pretty fresh and I have a copy of the entire package sitting on my desk if you want me to go over it, but off hand, and I don't recall any other duplicate Forms or repeat evidence/docum
Leyther, did you submit any supporting joint documents (e.g. statement of joint bank account or lease?).

We have both but I figured they might ask for those at the interview or later down the road as I did not see them specified in the instructions (I ask because I read another poster who listed what he had submitted on the I-130 and he included a joint bank acct statement).

Thanks ahead

Last edited by Noorah101; May 23rd 2012 at 6:08 pm. Reason: fixed quotes
Old May 23rd 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pbrnmd

Leyther, did you submit any supporting joint documents (e.g. statement of joint bank account or lease?).

We have both but I figured they might ask for those at the interview or later down the road as I did not see them specified in the instructions (I ask because I read another poster who listed what he had submitted on the I-130 and he included a joint bank acct statement).

Thanks ahead
Yes, we submitted anything that would show that were together: joint lease, bank accounts, joint cell phone bill, gym membership. We even included some items that are not in both of our names, but had our joint address on them.
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Do you mind me asking how many affidavits you did Leyther?

I just found out our "joint" account which I opened a few weeks ago won't have any statements until the end of June per bank of america; we've both been on the lease for 10 months and documents/bills etc with our individual names at the same address. Affidavits won't be a problem, but since I don't see this in the instructions, I'm not sure what or how many they would like to see.

Related to this, are old emails, photos and that business overkill and for follow up RFE or additional inquiry/investigation?
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:06 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you ought to be in good shape.
we've both been on the lease for 10 months and documents/bills etc with our individual names at the same address.

There is no "how many they would like to see." No affidavits at all would be fine. They want to see a few things - no specified number of things - that demonstrates a bona fide marriage. That is to say, a marriage that was not entered into for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit for the alien. Petitioners and aplicants for adjustment are free to submit whatever they have and chose to submit that supports their claim of a bona fide marriage.

There is no definitive, one size fits all, document requirement.
Affidavits won't be a problem, but since I don't see this in the instructions, I'm not sure what or how many they would like to see.

Related to this, are old emails, photos and that business overkill and for follow up RFE or additional inquiry/investigation?
Regards, JEff
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Do you mind me asking how many affidavits you did Leyther?
We didn't send in any affidavits and it hasn't even been an issue.

I just found out our "joint" account which I opened a few weeks ago won't have any statements until the end of June per bank of america; we've both been on the lease for 10 months and documents/bills etc with our individual names at the same address. Affidavits won't be a problem, but since I don't see this in the instructions, I'm not sure what or how many they would like to see.
The USCIS generally understands that newly-weds do not have much in the way or financial co-mingling and if you don't have bank statements then you just don't have them. Do you have any documentation showing that you have opened the joint account, either with both your names or signatures?

If not, then it isn't the end of the world as there is plenty of other evidence that you could include and since no two I-130/AOS packages are a like there really is no set number of things to include.

I sent in some black and white photo-copies of photos from vacations, family events (Christmas, Easter etc) and a few from out wedding. If I had old emails, then I would have probably sent those too, it certainly wouldn't hurt your application. FWIW, I plan to bring the original photos and wedding album to the AOS interview on June 12th.

Like I said, if you want me to PM you my list of documentation, then I would be more than happy do so.

Last edited by Leyther; May 23rd 2012 at 10:12 pm.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Like I said, if you want me to PM you my list of documentation, then I would be more than happy do so.

Thank you again both Leyther and Jeff

If you do not mind Leyther, I would love to see your list. I'm not sure if I can get PMs on this site as a non paying member though I do not mind posting my email address (if that's allowed here)
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you again both Leyther and Jeff

If you do not mind Leyther, I would love to see your list. I'm not sure if I can get PMs on this site as a non paying member though I do not mind posting my email address (if that's allowed here)
PM sent.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

PM sent.
Thanks Leyther!

Yeah, lol, we have not got anywhere near that amount of documentation but worst case I'm pretty confident with what we can drum up.

pb
Old May 24th 2012, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Your logic escapes me. How can you show evidence of a bona fide marital relationship when you're not yet married? Answer = you can't. This is very common with newlyweds. If you want to provide evidence, wait until you've been married for a bit before submitting the AOS package. She's on an F-1 (IIRC) and that doesn't suddenly become null and void just because she married you! If you want to include bank statements but aren't going to have any until the end of June... wait until the end of June to file.

I'm not sure what the big rush is... because what I see, is that you're rushing to file the paperwork and worrying - at the same time - that you won't have enough evidence! Why not simply wait until you have more evidence?

Ian
Old May 24th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not sure what the big rush is... because what I see, is that you're rushing to file the paperwork and worrying - at the same time - that you won't have enough evidence! Why not simply wait until you have more evidence?

Ian[/QUOTE]

One of the advantages of getting residency is that her tuition is cut by almost 75%. We're getting married tomorrow and yes I'm in a rush.

She's got vacation approved for summer quarter and begins Fall quarter at the end of September. So with good paperwork (and a lot of luck), we "might" be able to get her residency established by the end of September. I'm not counting on it, but the change in tuition costs are substantial and just for the Fall quarter we'd be paying a few thousand less.

Last edited by pbrnmd; May 24th 2012 at 3:02 pm.
Old May 24th 2012, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Your logic escapes me. How can you show evidence of a bona fide marital relationship when you're not yet married? Answer = you can't.
evidence?

Ian

So the question I had wrt affidavits from friends/family is if statements supporting us as a bona fide couple...not as married...but as a legitimate couple..would such statements support the I-130.

From what I gather they may or may not but don't think they would hurt...?

Anyways, lol, yes I'm worrying but since my "rush" is only over a few dollars, it's really not as an emotionally taxing event as I may be presenting it.
Old May 24th 2012, 3:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

So the question I had wrt affidavits from friends/family is if statements supporting us as a bona fide couple...not as married...but as a legitimate couple..would such statements support the I-130
No. The I-130 specifically wants information relating to you *as a married couple*. Therefore, if you choose to include affidavits, they should be from people who have spent time with you *after* you get married.

Rene
Old May 24th 2012, 3:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

One of the advantages of getting residency is that her tuition is cut by almost 75%. We're getting married tomorrow and yes I'm in a rush.

She's got vacation approved for summer quarter and begins Fall quarter at the end of September. So with good paperwork (and a lot of luck), we "might" be able to get her residency established by the end of September. I'm not counting on it, but the change in tuition costs are substantial and just for the Fall quarter we'd be paying a few thousand less.
I seriously doubt she will have her green card in hand by September.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.