G-325 question

Old Apr 10th 2016, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Famous Mortimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325 question

I'm near the end now! (of the form)

So right at the bottom it goes "This form is submitted in connection with an application for

Naturalisation
Status as permanent resident
Other (specify)

The title of the I-130 is "Petition for alien relative" so...which box do I tick? My first thought was permanent resident, but I'm not sure. And in terms of "signature of applicant", is that me or my American wife?
Old Apr 10th 2016, 4:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325 question

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer
I'm near the end now! (of the form)

So right at the bottom it goes "This form is submitted in connection with an application for

Naturalisation
Other (specify)

The title of the I-130 is "Petition for alien relative" so...which box do I tick? My first thought was permanent resident, but I'm not sure. And in terms of "signature of applicant", is that me or my American wife?

On our G325 we marked other and inserted the relevant form #. In your case it is I-130. You are doing your I-130 outside of the US meaning the ultimate interview is at a US Consulate and you will be going to an immigration visa (CR-1 or IR-1). For us it was I-129F.

There is one for each of you isn't there ... so whoever the form refers to is the one that signs it.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For you, "other", as it's in conjunction with the I-130 petition.

You sign yours at the bottom, your wife signs hers.

Rene
Old Apr 10th 2016, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous Mortimer

Naturalisation
Other (specify)
Have you not seen my 3 rules for filling out forms? Since your form is not being submitted with respect to naturalization or permanent residence, "other" is correct.

And in terms of "signature of applicant", is that me or my American wife?
You each complete a G-325A. You sign yours, she signs hers!

I'll note here that the G-325A is a legacy form left over from the days of the former INS. The form should have been dropped from the required list years ago, but wasn't. The anxiety it causes is inversely proportional to its actual value.

Ian