Wikiposts

G-325 Question

Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Northwest-AL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325 Question

Hi Folks,

I'm mid-way through AOS on the grounds of marriage to USC, I'm currently in the US on a L1.

My question is does my wife (the USC) need to complete a G-325? I know I have to complete a G-325A to compliment my I-485 but I'm not sure about her.

I wrote in my notes that she did need to, but I wrote the notes weeks ago and I'm now not even sure where I got that information from

Many Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325 Question

Originally Posted by Northwest-AL
Hi Folks,

I'm mid-way through AOS on the grounds of marriage to USC, I'm currently in the US on a L1.

My question is does my wife (the USC) need to complete a G-325? I know I have to complete a G-325A to compliment my I-485 but I'm not sure about her.

I wrote in my notes that she did need to, but I wrote the notes weeks ago and I'm now not even sure where I got that information from

Many Thanks
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Adjustment_of_Status
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Hers goes along with the I-130 form, as does one of yours. You need another one of your own to go along with your I-485 application.

Rene
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Oh its for the I-130 got it!

That leads me another little question,

When my wife is completing her copy of the G-325A do we put N/A in the sections for last address abroad and last job abroad? seeing as she has never lived or worked outside of the US.

Also does she sign as the applicant at the bottom of the form? because until now I thought I was the applicant and she was the Sponsor/Petitioner?

thanks for the help
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at my own copy of the G-325A I filled out in 2003, I am the USC, and I put "none" where it asks for last address outside the USA.

On my G-325A, it does not ask for employment outside the USA, unless they've changed the form since then.

She signs and puts her name at the bottom of her own G-325A. You sign and put your own name at the bottom of yours.

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2009, 3:28 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

N-AL,

The question is applicable. The answer, as Rene has explained, is 'none'.

Regards, JEff

When my wife is completing her copy of the G-325A do we put N/A in the sections for last address abroad and last job abroad? seeing as she has never lived or worked outside of the US.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
N-AL,

The question is applicable. The answer, as Rene has explained, is 'none'.

Regards, JEff
That's a good point Jeff, and you are right I was miss-using "n/a". That brings up something that has been bugging me whilst filling in these forms; if I don't have any thing to put down should I always put "None"?

For example, when ask to name all my prior Wives should I put "None"? It may sound ridiculous but I'm worried the USCIS may think I was once married to a lady named None!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 12:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good point Jeff, and you are right I was miss-using "n/a". That brings up something that has been bugging me whilst filling in these forms; if I don't have any thing to put down should I always put "None"?

For example, when ask to name all my prior Wives should I put "None"? It may sound ridiculous but I'm worried the USCIS may think I was once married to a lady named None!
I sort of answered this for you in another post.
You can also give a narrative answer.
"I have never been married".

(I had the same dilemma with my no middle name; I have been known as meauxna NMI lastname in the past! NMI=No Middle Initial!)
Old Dec 21st 2009, 1:45 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I sort of answered this for you in another post.
You can also give a narrative answer.
"I have never been married".

(I had the same dilemma with my no middle name; I have been known as meauxna NMI lastname in the past! NMI=No Middle Initial!)
So, are you acquainted with the Knights Who Say NMI?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 4:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

N-AL,

If 'none' is an appropriate answer.

I find that I can usually provide a meaningful answer with only a few words. In the case of no prior wives I can think of a good 3-word answer that is unmistakable.

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 6:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
So, are you acquainted with the Knights Who Say NMI?
I am their Lady.

"Those who see her seldom live to tell the tale!"
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 7:40 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
I am their Lady.

"Those who see her seldom live to tell the tale!"
I belong dead...