G-1145

Old Apr 22nd 2016, 9:04 am
Just Joined

josebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-1145

About a week ago, I sent in my i-130 to the US consulate in London, including the G-1145. I sent it first class post (and now regret not sending it tracked and signed, oh well). I wanted to ask, how long have other people had to wait for electronic notification that the i-130 has been received? At what point should I start to worry, contact the consulate or resend my application?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Devakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond reputeDevakiri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-1145

Originally Posted by josebee
About a week ago, I sent in my i-130 to the US consulate in London, including the G-1145. I sent it first class post (and now regret not sending it tracked and signed, oh well). I wanted to ask, how long have other people had to wait for electronic notification that the i-130 has been received? At what point should I start to worry, contact the consulate or resend my application?

Thanks!
Took 10 days for me to get the e-notification....all things with the immigration process do not happen fast....you will get it in due time so don't worry....
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by josebee
I wanted to ask, how long have other people had to wait for electronic notification that the i-130 has been received?
It's not uncommon to wait 2 or 3 weeks for notification... and some people never get notified. If you sent a cheque with your petition, you can always watch your bank account - because when the cheque clears, it means they've accepted your petition... whether you get notice of it or not.

At what point should I start to worry, contact the consulate or resend my application?
Do not, under any circumstances, resend the petition... it will make a bad situation even worse.

The wheels of US immigration turn slowly, but they do turn. Be patient.

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2016, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

josebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both! That's really helpful, and put my mind at ease.