Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Frustrations and wonderings...

Frustrations and wonderings...

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud ofwelshgirl1 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Frustrations and wonderings...

SO my fiance got his butt into gear and sent off the I129f information, forms, etc fairly quickly, and sne them off at the very end of March, and his cheque was subsequently cashed on April 4th.

However, I have just been online and it says that the centres arecurrently processing applications from SEPTEMBER 2007! :curse: Does this mean it will take another SIX or SEVEN months to process only the I129F???? This is a LOT longer than I had previously read it taking.

Any comments or words of wisdom, anyone?!?!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frustrations and wonderings...

Originally Posted by welshgirl1
SO my fiance got his butt into gear and sent off the I129f information, forms, etc fairly quickly, and sne them off at the very end of March, and his cheque was subsequently cashed on April 4th.

However, I have just been online and it says that the centres arecurrently processing applications from SEPTEMBER 2007! :curse: Does this mean it will take another SIX or SEVEN months to process only the I129F???? This is a LOT longer than I had previously read it taking.

Hi:

If the cases are within the guidelines, they give the guideline figure. There are instances of cases coming much shorter -- or longer.

BTW, looking at the processing times is a reasonable obsession -- however, it is the nature of the beast that it takes what it takes. If you case is OLDER than the processing date, then you really have cause for concern. Word of wisdom -- don't take those processing dates as an indication of how long YOUR case will take. They do not move in a linear fashion.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrations and wonderings...

Originally Posted by welshgirl1

Yeah: don't bother looking at the online "predictions" of USCIS. They will always show 6+ months as an estimated processing date.

Now, reports from people who are doing the same thing as you, around the same time, filed to the same place? At least for an I-129f petition, that is a much better estimating tool.
The I-129fs most recently approved through the Vermont Service Center are about 6 weeks old. California, considerably longer.

Get your visa application documents ready, and start studying ahead on what you need to do after arriving, and what you need to do to stay.