Reload this Page >

Biographic information for immigrant visa

Biographic information for immigrant visa

Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

Mrs.H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Biographic information for immigrant visa

Hi all

I am a USC living in the UK with my husband (who is a UK citizen). We are in the process of filing the petition I-130. I've been looking over the petition and the DS-230 that follows once the petition is approved. I have many small concerns, but the biggest one at the moment is my husband having to provide all the addresses and dates that he's lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16. He is 40 years old and has moved quite a bit...as a matter of fact we have lived at 9 different addresses in the past 7.5 years alone! I can personally list all the dates and places we have lived since we've been together, however, my husband cannot precisely remember all the dates of the places he's lived at prior to our relationship. He can list all the addresses easily...it's the dates that are a problem. Obviously, we are going to sit and try to piece them all together the best we can, but the chances are great the months are going to be way off....and it's even possible some years might be off (he can't remember if he lived at one address in 1995 or 1996, for example). Does anyone know how badly this can affect the application or are they fairly lenient in this respect? Thank you in advance!

Mrs. H
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biographic information for immigrant visa

Originally Posted by Mrs.H
He can list all the addresses easily...it's the dates that are a problem.
He should complete the form to the best of his memory... which is all he can do.

Does anyone know how badly this can affect the application or are they fairly lenient in this respect?
In the grand scheme of things, it'll be a non-issue.

Ian
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

They are more concerned with the countries he has lived in as opposed the street addresses he has lived in within the UK.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
They are more concerned with the countries he has lived in as opposed the street addresses he has lived in within the UK.
Agreed - my understanding is that they ask for the places lived in so they can cross check that they have the correct police certs for all the jurisdictions he's lived in. If it happened to be a country where individual local police departments issue the police certs, it might be an issue, but as such things are done nationally in the UK, all they'll do is check that he's not lived anywhere else, and if he has, has provided the police cert from it.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the requirements change from 6 months to one year after age 16? I'm not sure the forms were ever updated. This'll probably make it easier for Mrs. H.

Ian
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the requirements change from 6 months to one year after age 16? I'm not sure the forms were ever updated. This'll probably make it easier for Mrs. H.

Ian
That is correct. Police reports are required from any country the applicant lived in for more than 1 year over the age of 16.

Rene