Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of
Default forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

Hi Gang,

I'm in the UK and am engaged to a US citizen. we're going through the whole K1 thing and I'm filling in the DS-156 for at the moment ....

I've just noticed that I've used "St.Helens" as my place of birth on all of the forms but on my passport it says that it's "Whiston" (Whiston is an area in St.Helens) ....

Will this mess everything up or am I worrying over nothing ???

mojo (who hates forms ;-) )
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

daisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the roughdaisy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

I don't know, but USCIS aren't going to know that Whiston is part of St Helens - and I would argue that it isn't really! You may have to change the forms as I'm sure USCIS will expect everything to match.

I'm from Rainhill: never thougt I'd meet someone from so close to home on here!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

Hi Daisy ..

I'm in Grange Park so I'm VERY close to where you used to live :-)

Would it be ok to change everything on the new forms seeing that the ones that we've already submitted (G-325A etc.) have St.Helens on them ??

mojo
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:41 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mojo,
I'm not sure that everyone here would agree with me, and like you, I would prefer that everything "match", having been through this process almost five years ago with my (now) husband............

On the forms you're filling out now, are you able to fit in "Whiston" in parentheses next to where you've written "St. Helens"? Alternatively, or perhaps additionally you could also write a statement and attach it, briefly summarizing the situation as you have here.

Refresh my memory---this form gets sent to the consulate before the interview, right? I would attach a statement to it, and then if anything gets asked about it at the interview you can certainly explain. They are relatively laid-back in London (when compared with other locations) so if you have a fairly clean case I don't see that this will be a problem. Also, it's well known on this forum that the G-325A is considered to be an "obsolete" form, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hope that long winded response helps!

~SecretGarden
(who is not encouraging you to be "sloppy", but don't worry.....)
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Hi Gang,

I'm in the UK and am engaged to a US citizen. we're going through the whole K1 thing and I'm filling in the DS-156 for at the moment ....

I've just noticed that I've used "St.Helens" as my place of birth on all of the forms but on my passport it says that it's "Whiston" (Whiston is an area in St.Helens) ....

We (whole family) adjusted status in the US and put 'London' everywhere - even though the birth and marriage certificates obviously stated the actual boroughs where these momentous events occurred.

It was not an issue - never came up.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Call it... Whiston St helens ...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:52 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Always straight and to the point, huh Ray?

~SG
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray

Sounds like a winner to me ... ta
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:56 pm
The Missus

Sounds like a winner to me ... ta
Just gave you a ton of Karma to wish you good luck.........

~SG
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Always straight and to the point, huh Ray?

~SG
Seemed easiest ...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gang,

Hi:

I wouldn't worry all that much about it. The idea is to get kind of close to the area for background checks. And many places have two names. For example, my office is in the 90028 ZIP code in the City of Los Angeles, but you could also say Hollywood -- and the mail would be delivered. Curiously, the City of West Hollywood is a city which was incorporated from a patch of land which was formerly an unincorporated area surrounded by the City of Los Angeles. A friend has her office in the City of West Hollywood and her postal address is in Los Angeles 90048.

On the flip side, when my younger daugther was studying in France, she was often asked where she was from. She learned that "California" rather than the "United States" spared her a rant about Dub-ya. When she said "Los Angeles" people in the know always thought she meant "Los Angeles area" and had trouble believing that we actually lived in the City of Los Angeles in a part that did not have a separate name [other than the neighborhood -- many neighborhood names are not used in addresses such as "Atwater" or "Hancock Park"].

Bottom line -- I would not sweat it all that much.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:32 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

I'm originally from Huyton, used to live in Whiston for a bit too, just off Lickers Lane!

Nice to meet all you Merseysiders
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Forms sent off, medical next week ... GULP !!!!

I'm spending hours on this site, so glad to have found it

mojo
Old Jan 14th 2008, 11:56 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Forms sent off, medical next week ... GULP !!!!

I'm spending hours on this site, so glad to have found it

mojo
I just noticed that your avatar is of The Master (aka, John Simm)! At first I thought it was Ryan Phillippe but then I looked closer and saw the Tardis in the background and it all came together.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Yeah... You've got to love John Simm, I was lucky enough to meet him and David Tennant last year .... Really nice blokes...

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I just noticed that your avatar is of The Master (aka, John Simm)! At first I thought it was Ryan Phillippe but then I looked closer and saw the Tardis in the background and it all came together.

~ Jenney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.