format of i-130 packet

Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:06 am
Just Joined

jules1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default format of i-130 packet

morning all

just assembling the stuff we are sending off for initial i-130 approval

i am sure i have seen somewhere a checklist stating the order the papers and documents need to be put together and how to package it - but darned if i can find it

can anyone point me in the right direction please?

also a) does it all need to be paper clipped or stapled?
b) i ( the beneficiary ukc ) am outside the usa ...but hubby does have two recent passport pics of me ... is he required to include them? if im reading right the answer is no but im riddled with self doubt

argghhhh and this is just the beginning

on another note .... thank heavens for this forum ... looked at buying that NOLO guide at one point. 30 quid!!!!! no thanks

anyway ty in advance as always.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 11:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: format of i-130 packet

Mine went:

Check (paper clipped to cover letter)
Cover Letter (not really required)
I-130 Application
Evidence (if the order that it is talked about on the I-130 instructions)

I would not staple anything at all, it will end up being split up to be scanned anyway.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you .
Old Jan 17th 2019, 7:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Never staple. This is advice from the USCIS and immigration attorneys. CS gave you good advice. I didn't research if you are doing this in the US or going for a visa overseas.

Before submitting, make a complete set for your files. Never send anything that you do not have a copy of at home.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rete

husband is petitioning in the US ( indiana at present ) i and im here in the UK so eventually and all being well .. london embassy

heading for his real home and my favorite place on earth, KY. ( i know i know i know but i feel as though i belong there and i love it )