FORM VAF4A HELP !!!!!!

Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FORM VAF4A HELP !!!!!!

Thanks Larrabee! So could I say in my covering letter that, even though we do not need the UK account to show required savings, I am including a printout of our latest balance in the UK but that it is not stamped because time does not permit us to get an original sent to us within the 28 day period? To me, having the UK account indicates one of our ongoing ties to UK.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sian!! xox
Old Oct 8th 2013, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by michali
Thanks Larrabee! So could I say in my covering letter that, even though we do not need the UK account to show required savings, I am including a printout of our latest balance in the UK but that it is not stamped because time does not permit us to get an original sent to us within the 28 day period? To me, having the UK account indicates one of our ongoing ties to UK.

You're welcome!

It is not a requirement of the spouse visa to have ongoing ties with the UK, or technically any ties for that matter. (Apart from the obvious that the sponsor must be a " British citizen or a person who is settled here".)
You can simply state that your intention is to return to live together permanently in the UK.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...can-you-apply/

If you comfortably (allowing for fluctuations in exchange rates) meet the financial requirements with your overseas money then I would be inclined not to include details of any further accounts in order not to complicate the application.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

sianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the rough

Ok. So all I have to do is first of all get the bank statements from my UK bank and then do the online application. I think I'm getting myself all confused and stressed out !!!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sianukusa
Ok. So all I have to do is first of all get the bank statements from my UK bank and then do the online application. I think I'm getting myself all confused and stressed out !!!

Sian, in an earlier post you said that you don't plan to move until June or July 2014.
Remember, the earliest you can submit your online application is 3 months before the intended date of travel.

It goes like this.
Gather all your supporting evidence.
Submit your online application.
Attend your biometrics appointment.
Send package to Sheffield.
Wait for the result.

There is no doubt that this is an incredibly stressful process.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

That might be the best way to ensure your latest statement is within the 28 day requirement. Then you apply online. Make sure you have everything else ready too. Larrabee, I think I will start another thread on savings as I do not want to appear to be hijacking Sian's thread.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
That might be the best way to ensure your latest statement is within the 28 day requirement. Then you apply online. Make sure you have everything else ready too. Larrabee, I think I will start another thread on savings as I do not want to appear to be hijacking Sian's thread.
OK! See you there!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

sianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the rough

Larrabee your correct in that I am not even applying till 2014 but im just getting all my research done WAY early so I'm not fretting at the time !! Talking to other people who have gone through this or are going through it really helps out !!