FORM VAF4A HELP !!!!!!

Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

sianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the rough
Default FORM VAF4A HELP !!!!!!

part 4 of the form asks about family.
4.18 does this child live with you at your address

if you tick yes (which we do)it then says continue to list your other children below

do i not answer the next question then which is 'will this child be travelling with you to the UK'??

as the sponsor i can still be living with my husband here in USA when we apply for the visa - correct? if so when it comes to Part 7 i put sponsors permanent address as the one here in america ?? seeing as we have yet to get accomodation in the UK

APPENDIX 2 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM

1.6 how ofetn do you meet and 1.8 how do you keep in touch - can i just write we live together

1.25 shared financial responsibilities - what do i put here?? mortagage

1.27 does your sponsor have any children? - we have 2 children together - or does this mean just me as the sponsor prior to marriage

3.2 what is the financial requirement you are required to meet ??

we are applying based on savings as both going over with the set up jobs and husband not able to keep job here in america - do we just skip this question and go to 3.3 ??

any help greatly appreciated
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:18 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FORM VAF4A HELP !!!!!!

Originally Posted by sianukusa
part 4 of the form asks about family.
4.18 does this child live with you at your address

if you tick yes (which we do)it then says continue to list your other children below
You list all children currently living with you (at your present address outside the UK) but list only ONE child in each separate section. Child 1's info goes in section 4.18, child 2's info goes in 4.19, child 3's info in 4.20, etc. ...

do i not answer the next question then which is 'will this child be travelling with you to the UK'??
Yes, answer this only for child 1 in 4.18, in the next section answer it only for child 2. And so on.

as the sponsor i can still be living with my husband here in USA when we apply for the visa - correct?
Yes, many are doing this.

if so when it comes to Part 7 i put sponsors permanent address as the one here in america ?? seeing as we have yet to get accomodation in the UK
Yes, the permanent home address to put in the blank here is the USA one where you both presently live (at the time of applying).

Have you read the Guidance notes for the VAF4A? It comes after the questions, so starting on p. 14, and the guidance addresses most of what you need to write on the form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...isas/vaf4a.pdf
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:38 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

APPENDIX 2 FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT FORM
Guidance notes for Appendix 2 can be found starting on p. 14 here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...sas/vaf4a2.pdf

1.6 how ofetn do you meet and 1.8 how do you keep in touch - can i just write we live together
Yes, I would.

1.25 shared financial responsibilities - what do i put here?? mortagage
Yes, and any other billed items both your names are on.

1.27 does your sponsor have any children? - we have 2 children together - or does this mean just me as the sponsor prior to marriage
It means ANY children of the sponsor, so put down any children of the both of you and any children of just the sponsor.

3.2 what is the financial requirement you are required to meet ??

we are applying based on savings as both going over with the set up jobs and husband not able to keep job here in america - do we just skip this question and go to 3.3 ??
I'm not sure what you mean by "set up jobs". If you are applying based on cash savings, that's explained on p. 17 of the Appendix Guidance notes.

Good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

sianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the roughsianukusa is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for all your help. Greatly appreciated.
With regards to jobs. I meant to say with no jobs in the UK. So we are going based on the cash savings option. So I thought that we do not answer question 3.2

Also. I know that we need to send in certain documentation - bank statements for past 6 months. Do I get those from the bank after the online application ?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for all your help. Greatly appreciated.
With regards to jobs. I meant to say with no jobs in the UK. So we are going based on the cash savings option. So I thought that we do not answer question 3.2

Everyone has to answer 3.2 regardless which method they use to meet the financial requirements. As your children have British passports, the answer will be 18,600gbp

Also. I know that we need to send in certain documentation - bank statements for past 6 months. Do I get those from the bank after the online application ?
Do not submit the online application until you have ALL the evidence which you are going to submit in hand. The statements must be original or online statements stamped by the bank and must be dated within 28 days of the online application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...appendix-fmse/
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

larrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of lightlarrabee is a glorious beacon of light

as the sponsor i can still be living with my husband here in USA when we apply for the visa - correct? if so when it comes to Part 7 i put sponsors permanent address as the one here in america ?? seeing as we have yet to get accomodation in the UK
Yes, but you will need to find accommodation in the UK before you can apply and provide the relevant evidence pertaining to this.
Take a look here.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...settlement.pdf
Old Oct 8th 2013, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Hi larrabee
With regards to the bank statements do they just have to be the past 6 months? Also I will have to order them from my bank in the UK and that will take longer than 28days to order and receive back here in the US

Also - if I received a lump sum as a gift should I get a letter from the person who gave that gift money stating it as a gift ?

As soon as I send my application online does it then say send the supporting documentation ?

So many questions !!!!

Thanks again
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Hi larrabee
With regards to the bank statements do they just have to be the past 6 months? Also I will have to order them from my bank in the UK and that will take longer than 28days to order and receive back here in the US
If I go ahead with my application, this would also be my concern. I have thought of sending a letter to the bank authorizing my son to collect the statements from my bank in the UK and fed-exing them to me. Do you have someone who could do this for you?

From what I understand, your supporting documents are sent after you have done your biometrics and your bank statements have to have been produced within 28 days of the date of your online application.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi larrabee

Also - if I received a lump sum as a gift should I get a letter from the person who gave that gift money stating it as a gift ?

As soon as I send my application online does it then say send the supporting documentation ?

So many questions !!!!

Thanks again
Here are a couple of paragraphs from Appendix FM-SE which I linked to above.

11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:

(a) personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.
Whilst technically not required, I think it would be a good idea to include a letter from the person who gifted you the money as you do have to declare the source and whether or not it was a gift.

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

It would surprise me if it did take longer than 28 days for you to receive the statements. Have you called your bank to see how long a statement request is likely to take?

I suppose you would just have to order the statements once the 6 months has elapsed, and once you have all your other evidence ready. If when the statements get to you, less than 28 days have passed since the date of the statement, then you can go ahead with the online application.
The date of the online application is the one on which everything hinges.

After you have completed your online application you will be prompted to book an appointment for biometrics. Once you have attended this and had your biometrics receipt stamped , you can send your package off to Sheffield.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

so do i have to wait until i have had my biometrics to send off all documents included bank statements but just make sure that they are dated no more than 28 days before the online application

i can get someone to pick them up from my bank in the UK and fed-ex them to me
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
If I go ahead with my application, this would also be my concern. I have thought of sending a letter to the bank authorizing my son to collect the statements from my bank in the UK and fed-exing them to me. Do you have someone who could do this for you?

From what I understand, your supporting documents are sent after you have done your biometrics and your bank statements have to have been produced within 28 days of the date of your online application.
Would it be possible for you to have your original statements sent to you monthly? As long as they are originals and you have each one in the sequence, it's only the most recent one which would have to be dated within the 28 days.

(l) Where this Appendix requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to a period which ends with the date of application, that evidence, or the most recently dated part of it, must be dated no earlier than 28 days before the date of application.

Of course, I don't know how long it takes mail to reach you from the UK in your part of the world.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

so do i have to wait until i have had my biometrics to send off all documents included bank statements but just make sure that they are dated no more than 28 days before the online application
That is correct!

i can get someone to pick them up from my bank in the UK and fed-ex them to me
I wonder if the bank will permit this though? You might want to check with them to make sure of that.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larrabee
Would it be possible for you to have your original statements sent to you monthly? As long as they are originals and you have each one in the sequence, it's only the most recent one which would have to be dated within the 28 days.

Of course, I don't know how long it takes mail to reach you from the UK in your part of the world.
That is the problem! Our post here takes ages to get to us sometimes!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by larrabee
That is correct!

I wonder if the bank will permit this though? You might want to check with them to make sure of that.
I hope a letter to accompany person would work but, as you say, this should be checked beforehand. Luckily, our savings are mostly with us here and the UK bank balance is not needed to make up savings requirement but I would want UKBA to know we have some money in an active UK bank account to support our application.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
I hope a letter to accompany person would work but, as you say, this should be checked beforehand. Luckily, our savings are mostly with us here and the UK bank balance is not needed to make up savings requirement but I would want UKBA to know we have some money in an active UK bank account to support our application.
In that case, you have nothing at all to worry about!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.