Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Form IV-18a medical info not in Packet 3

Wikiposts

Form IV-18a medical info not in Packet 3

Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of
Default Form IV-18a medical info not in Packet 3

Hi there.

My husband is applying for an IR-1 visa via DCF in London. When we received packet 3, the letter said to see the insert (Form Form IV-18a) for information about scheduling the medical exam. There was no Form IV-18a in the envelope. So we thought maybe it would come in the Packet 4. Well, we've now received packet 4 with the interview date. The form & information aren't in there either.

Did other DCF'ers receive this form in packet 3? Does anyone know how we should go about getting one? Surely we can call the info hotline and eventually get through to the right person to ask, but I thought I'd try here first and see if anyone has had this experience.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form IV-18a medical info not in Packet 3

You sent back the checklist stating you had the required documentation ready for the interview and you didn't have the medical?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

bybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud ofbybarra has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
You sent back the checklist stating you had the required documentation ready for the interview and you didn't have the medical?
That's right. I'm looking at the photocopy of what we sent. There are two boxes to check relating to the medical. Box 11 Medical Examination. Box 12 Vaccinations. We didn't check either. On the next page is the applicants statement that we both had to sign (with case number, who will go to the interview, etc). In this section, there is a line that says: Date of Medical Examination. We wrote: "to be scheduled upon receipt of visa interview appointment letter".

I was under the impression that many people here did their medical exam the same day as the actual interview or the day before.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bybarra
That's right. I'm looking at the photocopy of what we sent. There are two boxes to check relating to the medical. Box 11 Medical Examination. Box 12 Vaccinations. We didn't check either. On the next page is the applicants statement that we both had to sign (with case number, who will go to the interview, etc). In this section, there is a line that says: Date of Medical Examination. We wrote: "to be scheduled upon receipt of visa interview appointment letter".

I was under the impression that many people here did their medical exam the same day as the actual interview or the day before.
That's true, they did.

Probably someone who has Knightsbridge information will come along, or you can do a search for that on this forum and see if anyone posted a phone number. You can call and book your medical, they just need to see the interview appointment letter.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bybarra

Only if they live such a distance from London that traveling twice (one for the medical and once for the interview) is an extreme hardship. There is absolutely no guarantee that your medical results will be at the interview when you are and it will delay the final approval of your visa.

Suggestion you look on the website for the US Consulate for the form and/or just call the doctor's office and make the appointment.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Only if they live such a distance from London that traveling twice (one for the medical and once for the interview) is an extreme hardship. There is absolutely no guarantee that your medical results will be at the interview when you are and it will delay the final approval of your visa.

Suggestion you look on the website for the US Consulate for the form and/or just call the doctor's office and make the appointment.
Thanks for the suggestions. We weren't actually going to wait until the same day to do the medical. We definitely won't.

I've done some looking around on the web for this form and found an old one from 2001. It looks like there is more than just the doctor's information. There is a form to fill out too.

I'll see if anyone joins in with additional information. Hopefully we can call them, just schedule the appointment, and find out whether there's a form we need to fill out.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's true, they did.

Probably someone who has Knightsbridge information will come along, or you can do a search for that on this forum and see if anyone posted a phone number. You can call and book your medical, they just need to see the interview appointment letter.

Rene
Good ideas, thanks. Do you know anything about a medical history form that has to be completed beforehand and brought to the exam?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone have the phone number for the Knightsbridge doctors?

I did a search of this forum but got lots and lots of people's experiences, but didn't find a phone number.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:06 am
Just Joined

SnipsUK is a jewel in the roughSnipsUK is a jewel in the roughSnipsUK is a jewel in the roughSnipsUK is a jewel in the rough

On my instructions (checklist), under point 11 it said to go to http://travel.state.gov.uk/pdf/medic...-0001-0808.pdf

The phone number and instructions are in there.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:23 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SnipsUK
On my instructions (checklist), under point 11 it said to go to http://travel.state.gov.uk/pdf/medic...-0001-0808.pdf

The phone number and instructions are in there.
Drop the ".uk" from the URL

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/...-0001-0808.pdf
Old Dec 4th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Once again, you guys came though.

Thanks a lot!