Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Form I129f - question #19 Pls. describe the cirumstances under which you met?

Form I129f - question #19 Pls. describe the cirumstances under which you met?

Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

huggable baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Form I129f - question #19 Pls. describe the cirumstances under which you met?

Hi all,

this may probably pretty dull question,on form I-129f:
For Question 19 on the form. They ask to describe the circumstances
under which you met.

I Need some suggestion if this may be ok? do i have to put that he sends some money as one of the evidence?
thank you all! Godspeed

**baby

[F]It was June 2008 when a co-worker introduce us to each other, our means of communication is through internet and long distance call, we often use friendster to see updates of photos, and even write letter to each other using snail mail. after a couple of months we decided to see each other , i flew to philippines last December 2008 to meet her and her family and was able to know her better personally, January 17, 2009 i gone back to u.s. and our communication continue through long distance call, internet (Skype, Friendster and Facebook) and snail mail, until i decided to gone back to Philippines again last November 2010 gone to Boracay and got engage.[/FONT]

Last edited by huggable baby; Aug 17th 2011 at 2:11 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I129f - question #19 Pls. describe the cirumstances under which you met?

Originally Posted by huggable baby
They ask to describe the circumstances
under which you met.
Use these bits:

It was June 2008 when a co-worker introduce us to each other. I flew to philippines last December 2008 to meet her and her family. i decided to gone back to Philippines again last November 2010.

The rest is irrelevant.

Ian
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I129f - question #19 Pls. describe the cirumstances under which you met?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Use these bits:

It was June 2008 when a co-worker introduce us to each other. I flew to philippines last December 2008 to meet her and her family. i decided to gone back to Philippines again last November 2010.

The rest is irrelevant.

Ian
I agree with Ian. They only want the very basic scenario in which you met. You might even pare it down to something like: Got introduced in June 2008 through co-worker. Met twice in person, Dec 2008 and Nov 2010.

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2011, 5:15 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to prove that you're a gold digger who's found herself some foolish American sugar daddy?

Regards, JEff

do i have to put that he sends some money as one of the evidence?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Use these bits:

The rest is irrelevant.

Ian
THANK YOU I THINK THIS IS A BIG HELP.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 11:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Are you trying to prove that you're a gold digger who's found herself some foolish American sugar daddy?

Regards, JEff

HELLO JEFF.. OFFCOURSE NOT, JUST HAVING A THOUGHT THAT IT MAY ALSO HELP US ,,,IF IT MAY HAVE A BAD IMPRESSION , I MIGHT AS WELL NOT T\INCLUDE IN DOCUMENTS I AM GOING TO ATTACH. THANK YOU ANYWAY.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

HELLO JEFF.. OFFCOURSE NOT, JUST HAVING A THOUGHT THAT IT MAY ALSO HELP US ,,,IF IT MAY HAVE A BAD IMPRESSION , I MIGHT AS WELL NOT T\INCLUDE IN DOCUMENTS I AM GOING TO ATTACH. THANK YOU ANYWAY.
Please don't type in all CAPS... it's considered shouting, and is rude.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
And besides, "gold digging" is a legitimate marriage immigration wise. I'm not kidding. I recall a retired consular officer telling me about his tour in Manila and they would see May/December romances. Didn't bother them at all. In fact, they hoped the AmCit "would survive the honeymoon and if he didn't, he would die happy."

[To OP, this is not intended as any insult. Its just that I am not making any value judgements]. Good luck.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 3:41 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken, but there are two types of gold diggers. There's the gold digger who is intending to stay with the mined-out vein after arriving in the USA, who is legitimate, and there's the gold digger who intends to go prospecting for a newer, fresher mine to work as soon as she gets her green card, who is not legitimate. It may be hard to tell one from the other.

Anyway, my point was intended to be that some types of 'evidence' can be a double-edge sword and I think 'he gives me money' is one of them. Particularly in the Philippines, where there is a lot of gold digging, and also where there is a huge backlog in the preference categories that makes marriage to an American citizen all the more attractive for someone who wants to immigrate.

Further, while the USC giving the alien money may indicate that the USC's intentions are honorable, it says nothing about the alien's intentions and it's the alien's intentions that need to be demonstrated. So I would not include that particular kind of evidence.

To be very clear, I also am not making any value judgements here. I'm simply observing that the actions of some can make things more difficult for all. My wife is also from a country that is infamous for the more than a few who marry Americans because it's the easiest route to the USA.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
And besides, "gold digging" is a legitimate marriage immigration wise.

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Aug 18th 2011 at 3:44 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Ian

"sorry... i didn't know.. peace to all..