Reload this Page >

Forewarned is forearmed so please help

Wikiposts

Forewarned is forearmed so please help

Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

sundavies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forewarned is forearmed so please help

I have printed out the I-129F and see from note 5 that I need 'copies of evidence' that my boyfriend and I have met. What do they want to see ? Photos, cards, letters ???? Some advice before I start would be good please and thankyou
Old Jan 27th 2004, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forewarned is forearmed so please help

Originally posted by sundavies
I have printed out the I-129F and see from note 5 that I need 'copies of evidence' that my boyfriend and I have met. What do they want to see ? Photos, cards, letters ???? Some advice before I start would be good please and thankyou
Plane tickets, photo's of you two together and with each others family will help.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Plane tickets, photo's of you two together and with each others family will help.
Don (my boyfriend) hasn't kept his plane ticket from his visit here in November, would the printed itinerary from Priceline suffice ? I obviously have photos of him here. Will printed out emails be accepted instead of letters ? Photos with my family I can manage no problem though I haven't met his family yet - they are mostly in Iowa.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 4:14 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Don (my boyfriend) hasn't kept his plane ticket from his visit here in November, would the printed itinerary from Priceline suffice ? I obviously have photos of him here. Will printed out emails be accepted instead of letters ? Photos with my family I can manage no problem though I haven't met his family yet - they are mostly in Iowa.
Any evidence you have is good- iteneraries if you dont have the actual ticket/boarding pass; photos (especially DATED photos) of the two of you together; printed emails, letters; I even sent in copies of Sam's Club membership cards we got together with date and photos on them. We also sent in hotel receipts from two trips I made to Spain.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 4:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You are a member I see of British Expats. So please read the root post at the start of this forum. It has the FAQ for the K-1. This question is answered there as well as many you haven't even thought of yet.

Then come back and ask away. The nice people here on alt.visa.us.marriage-based will be more than happy to help you through this.

Rete
Old Jan 27th 2004, 4:19 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

sd,

As you're posting from British Expats, read the READ ME post by Rete at the very top of the index of threads. There appears to be a lot that you need to learn.

Cards and letters don't prove that two people have met or when. Save them for the visa interview, there's no need for them with the I-129f.

Photos of the two of you together prove that you've met, preferably photos that have the date as part of the immage.

Also to help prove when you've met, travel documents and hotel bills are good evidence. Boarding passes are good travel documents, itineraries are pretty useless by themselves - you need something that shows you made the trip. Visa stamps in passports are good evidence.

Your boyfriend didn't keep his boarding passes? You've learned your first lesson - don't throw away anything.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Jan 27th 2004 at 4:21 am.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 4:21 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

While letters, emails and phone records are a good way to show your relationship is genuine, they do not prove that you have been in the same room together.

Photos of you together are by far the best way to show you have met in person. One of the photos Mark and I submitted showed us in front of the Busch Gardens entrance sign as evidence that we'd met in the States. Photos which include family members and/or friends alongside you are also good, as it shows you've met other people important to each other.

Don't worry if you haven't met his family yet -- when we filed, I hadn't met Mark's family, either. (I hadn't even been to England yet, for that matter!)

Remember, you don't need to inundate them with millions of photos -- just 3-4 will do. We actually scanned our photos and put two on each page, with a typed caption underneath of who/where/when. Just make sure that the images you choose are clear and that you don't look like a couple of ants posing for a picture.

Copies of boarding passes and passport stamps are good things to submit as well. We scanned these so we could make color printouts of them, but regular b/w copies are probably just fine. Your Priceline receipt would be good, too, especially if accompanied by a copy of the credit card bill where it was charged.

As for letters vs emails, I don't think USCIS really cares. They're the same thing, just sent in a different format. Mark and I also included a copy of a card we got congratulating us on our engagement. We also included copies of some phone records and of a birthday card I'd sent him.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 27th 2004, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I submitted Tickets, boarding stubs and all the travel documents from the actual booking via airline network, expedia etc, etc. Photos are the most important I would say. As long as you have a few pictures of you both together, you should be fine.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:37 am
Cdnchick

We also submitted a copy of the receipt and appraisal for my engagement
ring, along with emails (between us and between myself and his mom),
boarding passes and copies of hotel receipts - we, however, didn't submit
any pics and had no problems.

"Pimpbot" <member2459@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Originally posted by sundavies
> > Don (my boyfriend)
> hasn't kept his plane ticket from his visit here in November, would the
> printed itinerary from Priceline suffice ? I obviously have photos of
> him here. Will printed out emails be accepted instead of letters ?
> Photos with my family I can manage no problem though I haven't met his
> family yet - they are mostly in Iowa.
>
> I submitted Tickets,
> boarding stubs and all the travel documents from the actual booking via
> airline network, expedia etc, etc. Photos are the most important I
> would say. As long as you have a few pictures of you both together, you
> should be fine.
>
>
> --
> Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
While letters, emails and phone records are a good way to show your relationship is genuine, they do not prove that you have been in the same room together.

Photos of you together are by far the best way to show you have met in person. One of the photos Mark and I submitted showed us in front of the Busch Gardens entrance sign as evidence that we'd met in the States. Photos which include family members and/or friends alongside you are also good, as it shows you've met other people important to each other.

Don't worry if you haven't met his family yet -- when we filed, I hadn't met Mark's family, either. (I hadn't even been to England yet, for that matter!)

~ Jenney

Thanks for all your replies. I have read the root post from Rete and whilst this is obviously helpful, what is more helpful is to hear what you guys have ACTUALLY sent and what has worked. I emailed Don last night to tell him NOT to throw ANYTHING anyway - he's not the hoarder that I am !!! Him being American and obviously being at the very start of this with me, he had no clue what was going to be required of us. Just like I wouldn't know a thing about British Immigration !!! Hopefully in another 10 weeks or so when we can start filling in our forms, we will be well armed with what we need - thanks again
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:49 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Did he not use a PASSPORT to enter the United States? A photocopy of the ID page with the entry stamp by the DHS would be quite nice to show he was here. BTW, that will show up in the DHS computer to show he was here if they chose to check.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Did he not use a PASSPORT to enter the United States? A photocopy of the ID page with the entry stamp by the DHS would be quite nice to show he was here. BTW, that will show up in the DHS computer to show he was here if they chose to check.
Thanks for your reply but slight misunderstanding - he came to England to visit me. I assume they did stamp his passport in Manchester (they certainly asked him enough questions !!) and in Paris on his way through. I also have the copy of his itinerary from Priceline that shows that his credit card was charged - though I realise that this is not proof that he did actually make the trip
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:20 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply but slight misunderstanding - he came to England to visit me. I assume they did stamp his passport in Manchester (they certainly asked him enough questions !!) and in Paris on his way through. I also have the copy of his itinerary from Priceline that shows that his credit card was charged - though I realise that this is not proof that he did actually make the trip

Is there a ticket number on the itinerary from Priceline?
Also, speaking as a travel agent, any tickets we issue that are electronic can be looked at after the fact to see if they were used or not. Airlines can do that as well. Possible longshot, but if you contact the airline he flew perhaps they could do a screenprint showing if the ticket was used.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by cindyabs
Is there a ticket number on the itinerary from Priceline?
Also, speaking as a travel agent, any tickets we issue that are electronic can be looked at after the fact to see if they were used or not. Airlines can do that as well. Possible longshot, but if you contact the airline he flew perhaps they could do a screenprint showing if the ticket was used.

There is a ticket number on the itinerary, yes. Will I have to go to those lengths - obviously I am willing to do so if needs be. He flew Air France via Paris. He arrived here in November - will they still have details of his ticket ?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 8:24 am
Mrraveltay

sundavies wrote:

> Originally posted by cindyabs
    >
    >>Is there a ticket number
    >
    > on the itinerary from Priceline?
    >
    >>Also, speaking as a travel agent,
    >
    > any tickets we issue that are electronic can be looked at after the
    > fact to see if they were used or not. Airlines can do that as well.
    > Possible longshot, but if you contact the airline he flew perhaps they
    > could do a screenprint showing if the ticket was used.
    >
    >
    >
    > There is a ticket number on the itinerary, yes. Will I have to go to
    > those lengths - obviously I am willing to do so if needs be. He flew
    > Air France via Paris. He arrived here in November - will they still
    > have details of his ticket ?

How about a frequent flier statement?
Did he get FF miles for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.