Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Follow-up to previous post RE:AoS and EAD in Denver

Wikiposts

Follow-up to previous post RE:AoS and EAD in Denver

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough
Default Follow-up to previous post RE:AoS and EAD in Denver

Elena, Ann and I showed up at the Denver BCIS office to turn in our applications for AoS and EAD yesterday. The way it works is that you can file the papers in person, but NOTHING happens while you are there, they take your papers and your money, but you do not even receive a receipt, just a photocopy of a sheet that tells you that your file will be processed by the NBC in Missouri and that will receive a receipt in 60 days or so for your AoS stuff and in 90 days or so for your EAD stuff. Overall a pretty unsatisfying experience.

The Denver BCIS web site says, in part:

Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals)
Applications for employment authorization (Form I-765) from adjustment of status applicants may be filed either in person or by mail at the Denver District Office.

If you are filing by mail, you will be given a scheduled appointment within approximately 30 days from time of filing. If you are filing in person, we try to issue cards on the same day you file your application.

The photocopied sheet says that as of October 9, 2003 they have changed the procedure. The least they can do is change the web site so people don't take time off of work to show up in person, expecting to walk out with Employment Authorization documents, and then not even receive so much as a receipt. It would have been MUCH easier to mail them.

This is current experience.

Richard III
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:37 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Follow-up to previous post RE:AoS and EAD in Denver

thanks for the update Richard. May I ask that you post this on the AOS filing experience pages for Denver so that future filers of that office will have easy access to this new filing procedure.

Thanks

Rete

Originally posted by Richard III
Elena, Ann and I showed up at the Denver BCIS office to turn in our applications for AoS and EAD yesterday. The way it works is that you can file the papers in person, but NOTHING happens while you are there, they take your papers and your money, but you do not even receive a receipt, just a photocopy of a sheet that tells you that your file will be processed by the NBC in Missouri and that will receive a receipt in 60 days or so for your AoS stuff and in 90 days or so for your EAD stuff. Overall a pretty unsatisfying experience.

The Denver BCIS web site says, in part:

Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals)
Applications for employment authorization (Form I-765) from adjustment of status applicants may be filed either in person or by mail at the Denver District Office.

If you are filing by mail, you will be given a scheduled appointment within approximately 30 days from time of filing. If you are filing in person, we try to issue cards on the same day you file your application.

The photocopied sheet says that as of October 9, 2003 they have changed the procedure. The least they can do is change the web site so people don't take time off of work to show up in person, expecting to walk out with Employment Authorization documents, and then not even receive so much as a receipt. It would have been MUCH easier to mail them.

This is current experience.

Richard III
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Rita -

I would be happy to. Please excuse my ignorance, could you send me an URL to point me in the right direction? In a PM if you prefer... Thanks for your help.

Richard III

Originally posted by Rete
thanks for the update Richard. May I ask that you post this on the AOS filing experience pages for Denver so that future filers of that office will have easy access to this new filing procedure.

Thanks

Rete
Old Jan 14th 2004, 3:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Richard III
Rita -

I would be happy to. Please excuse my ignorance, could you send me an URL to point me in the right direction? In a PM if you prefer... Thanks for your help.

Richard III

Shame on you, Richard. It is part and parcel of the root post at the beginning of this forum ;-)

Here you go:

http://www.kamya.com/aos/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the form. You can make it as lengthy as you wish. Tish tries to update daily.

Rete
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rita -

For shame, for shame... consider me suitably humbled - Thanks -

Richard III

Originally posted by Rete
Shame on you, Richard. It is part and parcel of the root post at the beginning of this forum ;-)

Here you go:

http://www.kamya.com/aos/

Scroll to the bottom of the page and complete the form. You can make it as lengthy as you wish. Tish tries to update daily.

Rete