florida12's K-1 visa medical questions

Wikiposts

florida12's K-1 visa medical questions

Old May 8th 2014, 2:53 am
"Ignore Imbecile replies"

florida12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default florida12's K-1 visa medical questions

Hi everyone,

I am a newby on this K1 VISA to the USA. I am finding the medical very overwhelming. Just started the beginning process, so nowhere near this bit yet. However want to be ahead on this matter.
Please advise based on experiences to myself.

MY mum had passed away, suddenly due to nasty fall. Fatal blow to the head. From this I has developed depression, mild, ( still working at my job and caring for my child as single mum) but I had the delayed offset from this sudden death of my mother, of 'if she isn't here, I don't want to be' and thought of terrible things I would want to go from this earth, to be with my mum. Of course, this didn't happen and nowhere near it too. Was concerned and went to my drs of this nature as was worrying me. My OCD kicked in too from the onset of anxieties of my depression so had taken tablets to try and calm it down, (checking rituals).
So my question is this, does this go against me at all? I am still in mu job, haven't been to drs forever now from this. Not on tablets anymore about over a year now, and never been to drs for over a year about my mothers death. Would the DR usa emigration, be understanding on this temporary matter, way back then?
Also what vaccinations do I need to have had before all of this complete?

Many thanks.
Old May 8th 2014, 2:58 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF - Knightsbridge Doctors - Medical

Originally Posted by florida12
Hi everyone,

I am a newby on this K1 VISA to the USA. I am finding the medical very overwhelming. Just started the beginning process, so nowhere near this bit yet. However want to be ahead on this matter.
Please advise based on experiences to myself.

MY mum had passed away, suddenly due to nasty fall. Fatal blow to the head. From this I has developed depression, mild, ( still working at my job and caring for my child as single mum) but I had the delayed offset from this sudden death of my mother, of 'if she isn't here, I don't want to be' and thought of terrible things I would want to go from this earth, to be with my mum. Of course, this didn't happen and nowhere near it too. Was concerned and went to my drs of this nature as was worrying me. My OCD kicked in too from the onset of anxieties of my depression so had taken tablets to try and calm it down, (checking rituals).
So my question is this, does this go against me at all? I am still in mu job, haven't been to drs forever now from this. Not on tablets anymore about over a year now, and never been to drs for over a year about my mothers death. Would the DR usa emigration, be understanding on this temporary matter, way back then?

Many thanks.
Like the OP you'll probably need a letter from your doctor. Just be honest at the medical and give them what they need. No need to worry about it, lots of people go through this.

Details on what vaccinations you'll need can be found here:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un...8a_medical.pdf
Old May 8th 2014, 2:59 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

They're only (I believe) concerned with self harm, and if you're a risk to others.

CLEARLY you are not. Depression doesn't make a person harmful, it just makes them a human being. My own personal viewpoint is that we all get depressed at some point, the difference is some go to their Dr about it, and others don't.

I wouldn't even mention it frankly.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:00 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

So my question is this, does this go against me at all?
Not likely, no.

Would the DR usa emigration, be understanding on this temporary matter, way back then?
Yes. Depression/medication on the death of a close family member is an entirely reasonable occurrence. It's likely to be a non-issue.

Genearlly speaking, vaccinations are age specific. Without knowing what you've had, it's difficult to say what you'll need. Such info, however, is on London's US Consulate web site, or on the US' CDC web site.

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 3:09 am

Thank you everyone for the replies so far on this. I was really concerned about this as it happened a while back now. My past away 5 years ago but my OCD and depression hadn't really came to my attention until 3 years after her death. I am still in my same job and never taken time off or even had occurent suicidal thoughts of going awsy and being with my mum as now my grieving has somewhat lessened now. since last year.
Bunnygirl, the link you gave me, comes up blank, any other links to show what vaccinations I would need. I am 40 years old and an fitness instructor of 20 years!! female.

one more thing: I had cognitive behavioural therapy for my checking rituals, OCD. 12 WEEK programme. Would that be frowned upon too?

Last edited by florida12; May 8th 2014 at 3:17 am. Reason: Additonal info
Old May 8th 2014, 3:13 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for the replies so far on this. I was really concerned about this as it happened a while back now. My past away 5 years ago but my OCD and depression hadn't really came to my attention until 3 years after her death. I am still in my same job and never taken time off or even had occurent suicidal thoughts of going awsy and being with my mum as now my grieving has somewhat lessened now. since last year.
Bunnygirl, the link you gave me, comes up blank, any other links to show what vaccinations I would need. I am 40 years old and an fitness instructor of 20 years!! female.
It works fine for me. Direct link to the webpage here:

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigran...amination.html
Old May 8th 2014, 3:21 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Would that be frowned upon too?
No.

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 3:22 am

Default Re: florida12's K-1 visa medical questions

Thanks Bunnygirl. Finally got to open the original link you had sent. That is a huge help. Many thanks!! I have actually got a drs apt next week due to renewal of vaccinations. However the MMR not sure when I had that. Did I have that when I was pregnant 22 yrs ago? Had that when I was a child as most do? Hsve to try and get a copy of this from the nurse next week.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No.

Ian
Thank you Ian.
Old May 8th 2014, 3:29 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

one more thing: I had cognitive behavioural therapy for my checking rituals, OCD. 12 WEEK programme. Would that be frowned upon too?
Absolutely not. In fact, I think my wife could benefit from this
Old May 8th 2014, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Had that when I was a child as most do? Hsve to try and get a copy of this from the nurse next week.
Keep in mind that the doctor can also do a titre test to check for antibodies. If they're present, you don't need a jab for that specific antibody. That said, measles (part of MMR) has recently made a comeback in the US - almost epidemic proportions in some parts of the country... and whooping cough (part of DTaP) is on the rise also. If your child is going to move to the US with you, make sure s/he also gets vaccinated.

Oh - on something unrelated... if your child is going with you, you'll either need written permission from the father or a court order allowing the child to be removed from UK jurisdiction.

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all

Just wanted you to know you’re not alone - I’m in almost exactly the same situation. I was diagnosed with OCD back in early 2006, put on meds and underwent some CBT and have been fine since.

I never thought about it until I started this visa process after meeting my partner last year and have been (predictably) incredibly anxious about it hindering my chances.

From the ridiculous amount of panicky reading I’ve been doing it seems, as people have said, that they’re most concerned with people who have demonstrated that they’re a danger to themselves or others.

If you can get a doctor’s note saying you’re not and never have been then great, but you could also contact whoever did your CBT and ask them for the same - that way you’ll not only have a GP’s stamp or approval, but also that of a mental health professional.

All my worrying is over here:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828327

Take my advice too: DO NOT go crazy over-reading about this. As a fellow OCD sufferer you’re probably very familiar with the cycle of freaking out and ruminating and you’ll only make yourself sick. Stick to the practicalities, do what people tell you and take it one step at a time.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breakerfall
Just wanted you to know you’re not alone - I’m in almost exactly the same situation. I was diagnosed with OCD back in early 2006, put on meds and underwent some CBT and have been fine since.

I never thought about it until I started this visa process after meeting my partner last year and have been (predictably) incredibly anxious about it hindering my chances.

From the ridiculous amount of panicky reading I’ve been doing it seems, as people have said, that they’re most concerned with people who have demonstrated that they’re a danger to themselves or others.

If you can get a doctor’s note saying you’re not and never have been then great, but you could also contact whoever did your CBT and ask them for the same - that way you’ll not only have a GP’s stamp or approval, but also that of a mental health professional.

All my worrying is over here:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828327

Take my advice too: DO NOT go crazy over-reading about this. As a fellow OCD sufferer you’re probably very familiar with the cycle of freaking out and ruminating and you’ll only make yourself sick. Stick to the practicalities, do what people tell you and take it one step at a time.
Great post!

Ian
Old May 8th 2014, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

breakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to allbreakerfall is a name known to all

Thanks Ian. Now to see if I take my own advice.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:57 am
Banned

I have a (genuine) question. What question are you answering as part of the medical process that makes you feel compelled to disclose this information?

I did my medical in the US, so no experience of the UK side of things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.