Wikiposts

First NOA lost in Post

Old Nov 13th 2002, 2:24 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default First NOA lost in Post

We have been waiting for over 16 weeks for our first NOA & today we finally managed to get through to the Nebraska center on the phone to find out that they mailed it to us on July 13 so it has been lost in the mail, We need the receipt to continue on with the I-129F does anyone know if they will issue another receipt for us or not?? We feel that we have been sitting here waiting for the past 3 months for nothing. Both feeling very deflated & any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Old Nov 13th 2002, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: First NOA lost in Post

Originally posted by shepslady
We have been waiting for over 16 weeks for our first NOA & today we finally managed to get through to the Nebraska center on the phone to find out that they mailed it to us on July 13 so it has been lost in the mail, We need the receipt to continue on with the I-129F does anyone know if they will issue another receipt for us or not?? We feel that we have been sitting here waiting for the past 3 months for nothing. Both feeling very deflated & any advice will be gratefully appreciated.
Sorry, I don't have an answer for your situation. But I just wanted to let you know how sorry I was to hear it. I would assume that the INS is still processing your petition, and I'm not sure how much you need the first NOA but I know you definitely need the second NOA which is the approval. I believe the second one is the one that gets sent to the US consulate abroad as well. Try not to get too deflated over this. There must be a way. Good luck and let us know how it goes?

Kat
Old Nov 13th 2002, 6:54 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kat, we are trying to keep ourselves up but its increasingly difficult. The first NOA is extremely important to us because we are planning on using it to try the K3 visa thing & to proceed on we must have the first NOA receipt.If only the people dealing with these matters realised we are real people who have a great need to be together. I know a lot of people have no sympathy for what we are going through but at our time in life every day is so precious & we can never make up for the time we lose when we are apart. Its nice to know people using this forum have hearts too & genuinely care about others.Will keep you posted on our progress.
Old Nov 14th 2002, 7:10 am
Jgladding

Default Re: First NOA lost in Post

I have no experience with this, but could you phone the NSC again and ask
someone to look up your case by name, DOB, soc. Sec#, etc. to possibly
provide you with your A#, at least then you could track the status of your
case.
Maybe someone here has seen this before and could be of more assistance.
Sorry I can't help you out more. :-(
Justin

Old Nov 14th 2002, 9:40 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by shepslady
Thanks Kat, we are trying to keep ourselves up but its increasingly difficult. The first NOA is extremely important to us because we are planning on using it to try the K3 visa thing & to proceed on we must have the first NOA receipt.If only the people dealing with these matters realised we are real people who have a great need to be together. I know a lot of people have no sympathy for what we are going through but at our time in life every day is so precious & we can never make up for the time we lose when we are apart. Its nice to know people using this forum have hearts too & genuinely care about others. Will keep you posted on our progress.
I'm not going to comment on whether or not the K-3 is a good choice/option in your particular case (but hey, if you can afford the filing fee, why not try :-).

The notices of action are folded and stuffed into envelopes by a machine, and occasionally the machine malfunctions and two notices are stuffed into one envelope. I've had it happen once or twice in my hundreds of cases (once or twice where I did not receive a notice…very rare for this to happen) and I've received someone else's notice once or twice before in the same envelope as my client's notice. They send out millions of notices each year (assuming its in the millions) and occasionally this problem happens. Such is the reality of automation.

You can try to get them to send you a new notice for free. That likely won't work though (but it does not hurt to ask… I got them to do this for me for free in one of those prior rare cases I mentioned above). You can also send them an I-824 and pay the fee, but that will likely take a heck of a long time so probably not worth trying.

Hey, do you have your LIN number (look on your cancelled check that you used to pay your I-130 filing fee). Punch that number in the new INS web page where you can check the status. It should kick up the page saying the boilerplate language... "Your I-130 was received on....".

That is not a receipt notice, but it "is" something. Wonder what the Chicago INS office and the MSC would do if they had a letter from you describing that you never received your I-130 receipt notice from the NSC, that describes the steps you have taken to get the I-130 receipt notice from the NSC, that includes a copy of your cancelled check you used to pay the I-130 filing fee, and the printout from the INS web page saying they received your I-130 on....

Hmm, I wonder....

Good luck.
Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Nov 14th 2002, 12:53 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Thankyou for your reply Matthew. I was amazed to see that your a lawyer & you took the time to respond to my message....What would you seriously suggest we do. We had thought of obtaining the services of a lawyer to help but have no idea what the fees for this would be so we have tried doing it on our own. We are a mature couple & cant afford to lose all this precious time apart. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I wonder if this is an omen..my middle sons name is Matthew & he is currently studying for a law degree at University here in NZ!!