First NOA

Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Heather is an unknown quantity at this point

Judi,

Did you file the I-129? If so how long did it take you?

Thanks,

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:23 pm
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Heather
Judi,

Did you file the I-129? If so how long did it take you?

Thanks,

Heather
Heather,

Yes, I filed a I-129F through the Nebraska center.
My first Notice of Action is 8/3/2002. I keep checking all the time and calling but haven't received the 2nd NOA/approval of the petition.
It's been 90 days of waiting at this point and I have seen many people still waiting at 140 days and more. Ughhhh....I hope they speed up.

Good luck,

Judi
Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Judi

Well I am one of the unlucky ones that is now on 160 days right now and I am still waiting.. HELP!!!!!!

Originally posted by ljudi72
Heather,

My first Notice of Action is 8/3/2002. I keep checking all the time and calling but haven't received the 2nd NOA/approval of the petition.
It's been 90 days of waiting at this point and I have seen many people still waiting at 140 days and more. Ughhhh....I hope they speed up.

Good luck,

Judi
Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1st NOA..

Hi Judi

Well I am one of the unlucky ones that is now on 160 days right now and I am still waiting.. HELP!!!!!!

Originally posted by ljudi72
Heather,

Good luck,

Judi
Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Heather is an unknown quantity at this point

Well at least for the moment I am going to stay upbeat and pray that I am not one of the 'unlucky' ones. It is strange that I can look at different peoples timelines, and they are done in 49 days and then others it takes quite some time. Doesn't make much sense.

Good luck

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 6:36 pm
St. Louis

Originally posted by Mooey
Hi Judi

Mooey,

Wow, I am sorry. I bet you are going wacko with this much time passing by. I will keep my fingers crossed for you...and hope it gets approved asap!
It is really hard seeing the other service centers moving along much quicker and NSC behaving like a turtle. I so much wish something could be done to get them to work faster.

Good Luck,

Judi
Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

saledevo is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my first NOA on July 2nd and I haven't heard another thing either.. going through Nebraska. Luckily, we are not in a great hurry like many of you.. I don't expect to see my fiance before February. In fact, he is still waiting on the Police Report from Scotland Yard (since July).. apparently there is a back-log due to some major checking on teachers or something in the UK.

Anyway, I don't expect a green light from Nebraska before Thanksgivng...
sal
Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:22 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think thats its possible our first NOA has gone missing in the post? The Post Office notified my husband that the service centre recieved our application 15 weeks ago. I know many of us sound impatient but its hard not to be when we read so many applicants are recieving their first NOA's within a couple of weeks. Without this number we cant track our application at all & ringing the service centre is impossible because the number is always engaged. How do we fnd out if the first NOA has been lost?
Old Oct 31st 2002, 8:43 pm
St. Louis

Originally posted by shepslady
Do you think thats its possible our first NOA has gone missing in the post? The Post Office notified my husband that the service centre recieved our application 15 weeks ago. I know many of us sound impatient but its hard not to be when we read so many applicants are recieving their first NOA's within a couple of weeks. Without this number we cant track our application at all & ringing the service centre is impossible because the number is always engaged. How do we fnd out if the first NOA has been lost?
Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. I would keep trying to call the service center. It takes a long time to get through but if you keep hitting redial over and over eventually you do get through. I got my first NOA a few days after I mailed in the petition.

thanks,

Judi
Old Nov 1st 2002, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
I know what you mean about a watched pot never boiling -- I think I've been staring down the pot!!

We mailed our petition to VSC last Tuesday (10/22) and have not received our first NOA yet, nor have I gotten notice from the post office of its delivery.

I'm worried that I goofed and delayed it by sending the petition both return receipt AND certified mail. (Return receipt means I get a notice from the postal service saying our package has been delivered; certified mail means someone at VSC has to sign for it upon delivery.) I did this because the people at the post office said I couldn't do one without the other. In retrospect, that seems stupid, and I'm kicking myself for having done it. VSC must get dozens of deliveries every day -- they certainly can't sign for each and every one of them.

Anyway...... the wait continues. I think I'll feel so much better once I know it's in their hands.

~ Jenney
Hey there... I'm in the same boat. I sent our petition to CSC on October 24 (a week ago today) and I have yet to receive the return receipt thingy. Hmmm.. I'm wondering if it works on a P.O. Box because who is going to sign it. Anyway, on the other hand it's only been a week, right? I'm probably too anxious. I would at least like to know it made it there ok. By the way, which service center are you using again???
Old Nov 1st 2002, 11:17 am
Kristin

Default Re: First NOA

Hi Shepslady - Sorry to hear you didn't get your first NOA. Someone else on
this newsgroup had the same situation last winter. You can do something,
depending on how you paid the fee for the application. Did you write a
check? If so, do you get your checks back? Your case number is usually
written on the back of the check when it cashes; if you have the check or
can get a copy, you can use that to check your status. I also would worry
about whether they have your address wrong on the file, which would mean you
won't get your second NOA. Good luck! Kristin

shepslady wrote:

> Do you think thats its possible our first NOA has gone missing in the
    > post? The Post Office notified my husband that the service centre
    > recieved our application 15 weeks ago. I know many of us sound impatient
    > but its hard not to be when we read so many applicants are recieving
    > their first NOA's within a couple of weeks. Without this number we cant
    > track our application at all & ringing the service centre is impossible
    > because the number is always engaged. How do we fnd out if the first NOA
    > has been lost?
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Nov 1st 2002, 5:43 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First NOA

We paid for the application with a Money Order & the company we used has been able to tell us it was cshed on July 15th but thats all they can tell us. As for the wrong address....No we went over our application dozens of times to make sure everything was 100% correct so that cant be the case. Guess all we can do is keep trying to contact the service center by phone but its always busy. We have been ringing constantly for the past week with no luck. The one time we did get through we were told the office had closed for the day.

Originally posted by Kristin
Hi Shepslady - Sorry to hear you didn't get your first NOA. Someone else on
this newsgroup had the same situation last winter. You can do something,
depending on how you paid the fee for the application. Did you write a
check? If so, do you get your checks back? Your case number is usually
written on the back of the check when it cashes; if you have the check or
can get a copy, you can use that to check your status. I also would worry
about whether they have your address wrong on the file, which would mean you
won't get your second NOA. Good luck! Kristin

shepslady wrote:

> Do you think thats its possible our first NOA has gone missing in the
    > post? The Post Office notified my husband that the service centre