First NOA

Old Oct 30th 2002, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Heather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First NOA

I sent the I-129F information away last tuesday and today I received the first NOA. Is this typical to receive this so fast? Any insight would be great (just a note I am using the Nebraska office!).

Thanks

Heather
Old Oct 30th 2002, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi!!!!

Yes, it is normal to get this quite soon. My chappie and I are using Texas, and we got our 1st NOA exactly a week after we filed it. This NOA is just to say they got your petition, and the receipt number is so you can check the progress of your case. (13 digits long)
Luv Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 30th 2002, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kate-

Thanks for the quick response. I will probably be checking the automated thing all the time!

Heather
Old Oct 30th 2002, 10:48 pm
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto!!! I check our status every day, although I shouldn't. A watched pot never boils!!! You can also check your status online, to save a few quid. Here's the link:
https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp
Good luck!
Kate. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Oct 31st 2002, 3:52 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about a watched pot never boiling -- I think I've been staring down the pot!!

We mailed our petition to VSC last Tuesday (10/22) and have not received our first NOA yet, nor have I gotten notice from the post office of its delivery.

I'm worried that I goofed and delayed it by sending the petition both return receipt AND certified mail. (Return receipt means I get a notice from the postal service saying our package has been delivered; certified mail means someone at VSC has to sign for it upon delivery.) I did this because the people at the post office said I couldn't do one without the other. In retrospect, that seems stupid, and I'm kicking myself for having done it. VSC must get dozens of deliveries every day -- they certainly can't sign for each and every one of them.

Anyway...... the wait continues. I think I'll feel so much better once I know it's in their hands.

~ Jenney
Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:22 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nebraska Centre

Wow I cant believe how lucky you are in getting your first NOA so quick from the Nebraska Centre. My husband & I mailed our to Nebraska Centre in July....they received it on July 12, cashed the cheque on July 17th & as yet Oct 30 we have not received first NOA & we are unable to track anything without first NOA number. We are getting desperately worried. Wish we were in your shoes right now & dont know where to turn from here. We have been apart since June & wish this nightmare would end soon so we can reunite.
Old Oct 31st 2002, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

keatslamia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jenney & Mark
I know what you mean about a watched pot never boiling -- I think I've been staring down the pot!!

We mailed our petition to VSC last Tuesday (10/22) and have not received our first NOA yet, nor have I gotten notice from the post office of its delivery.

I'm worried that I goofed and delayed it by sending the petition both return receipt AND certified mail. (Return receipt means I get a notice from the postal service saying our package has been delivered; certified mail means someone at VSC has to sign for it upon delivery.) I did this because the people at the post office said I couldn't do one without the other. In retrospect, that seems stupid, and I'm kicking myself for having done it. VSC must get dozens of deliveries every day -- they certainly can't sign for each and every one of them.

Anyway...... the wait continues. I think I'll feel so much better once I know it's in their hands.~ Jenney
i sent mine certified return receipt requested and got my receipt three days later.
i had sent it out originally and it was returned a week later, not from INS but from post office as i did something so stupid i am not able to admit to it! (hint: two of the same address labels... from myself and to myself, can you believe it!!) anyway sent it back out the 22nd and received receipt on the 25th...dated received as 23rd (october).
i think its just a matter of who's desk it lands on, sadly enough. i have not yet received first NOA however.
this is for k1
i am in massachusetts, fiance is in kent, england. :-)
life could be so good, if it weren't for that dreadful pond that separates us!!!!!!!
Old Oct 31st 2002, 2:56 pm
Khw

Default Re: First NOA

"shepslady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Wow I cant believe how lucky you are in getting your first NOA so quick
    > from the Nebraska Centre. My husband & I mailed our to Nebraska Centre
    > in July....they received it on July 12, cashed the cheque on July 17th &
    > as yet Oct 30 we have not received first NOA & we are unable to track
    > anything without first NOA number. We are getting desperately worried.
    > Wish we were in your shoes right now & dont know where to turn from
    > here. We have been apart since June & wish this nightmare would end soon
    > so we can reunite.
    > --
    > shepslady
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

If they cashed your check, it could be likely that your NOA was actually
lost in the mail. If that is the case, your petition is probably waiting in
line at Nebraska.

You should contact the congressperson that represents the area where you
will live together, and explain your situation to their immigration liaison.
They can contact their congressional representatives at the service center,
and using information like your name, social security, etc., likely find out
what is going on.

Old Oct 31st 2002, 3:37 pm
Frantisek Trenkler

Hi
Have anyone received 1st NOA from TSC recently ?
I sent out my stuff on 10/8 (3 weeks ago) and still nothing. There are 3
more couples who filed in october listed at
http://www.marriagebasedvisas.org/vi...s/newtexas.htm and its
seems like none of them received 1st NOA yet. Is that normal?
gulo

Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:30 pm
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Heather
I sent the I-129F information away last tuesday and today I received the first NOA. Is this typical to receive this so fast? Any insight would be great (just a note I am using the Nebraska office!).

Thanks

Heather
Heather,

Just out of curiosity..what is the estimated time for your approval on the notice? Do they still list 70-100 days or have they changed that to reflect reality?

Thanks,

Judi
Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mooey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Heather
Well to get the 1st NOA quickly is about all you will get quickly from Nebraska!!!,, They are one of the slowest offices.. Our 1st NOA is dated 24th May, and we got a RFE on the 11th October and we are still awaiting approval
so hang on in there and just know in your heart that you will get there.and te people on the site are reall nice if you need to know anything..
Good Luck
Marie

Thanks

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Judi,

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. Yes it still says 70-100 days.

Heather
Old Oct 31st 2002, 5:43 pm
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Judi,

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. Yes it still says 70-100 days.

Heather
Heather,

No Problem..thank you for replying. Maybe it won't be so bad for you. Hopefully, Nebraska will start speeding things up and get back on track. I really hope they do. Good luck to you and your Fiance.

Sincerely,

Judi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.