Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Finished Interview for K3, I130 Approved Too

Finished Interview for K3, I130 Approved Too

Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Shrikant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finished Interview for K3, I130 Approved Too

I got interviewed on April 04, 2005 for a K3 Visa and they have put me on Admin Processing, so no telling how long it’s going to take for them to make a decision. Now, my I130 petition was also approved while the K3 process was going on. My wife even paid the I864 fee in January 2005 but still has not received the Receipt for that. As for me I received the DS3032 form in January 2005 but didn’t return it since I was already prepared to submit the Packet 3 for my K3 visa and didn’t want things to be delayed further. Thought will opt for AOS once I reach the US on the K3.

Now, I am undecided whether I should mail the DS3032 form and let the I130 process begin again. Will the K3 interview be considered as the I130 interview or will the Consulate set an appointment and interview me again? Or will I be required to just submit the I864 Affidavit? I am anxious as not to trigger the whole process again from Packet 3 to the Interview and Admin procedure. Will any of you folks be able to advise me on this?

Thanks

Shrikant
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:40 pm
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finished Interview for K3, I130 Approved Too

Originally Posted by Shrikant
I am anxious as not to trigger the whole process again from Packet 3 to the Interview and Admin procedure. Will any of you folks be able to advise me on this?

Shrikant
It is up to you, but if it were me, I would go ahead and try for the I-130.

Good Luck!
Marnee
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Shrikant is an unknown quantity at this point

Just checked with the Consulate and the lady suggested that I just wait without doing anything since, the Consular Officer might want to put me on a second round of Administrative Procedure when the CR1 gets to him even if the K3 Admin. Pro. gets cleared by that time.

Realy confused about this. Does anyone here had / heard of a similar case? Don't want to risk a further delay.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

Firstly, you don't get a receipt when you pay the I864 fee bill. The next thing your wife will receive is the I864 packet itself. From sending in the DS3032 to receiving the DS230 would take a couple of months, maybe even three months, and then you would add a couple of weeks for them to review your case plus a couple of weeks for them to send it to the consulate and then maybe 6 - 8 weeks for the consulate to give you an interview date.

The advantages of the CR-1 or IR-1 visa over the K3 are many .. that's the other side of the coin.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.